Weird characters that you actually would like to see in the MCU

Abudefduf

Superhero
Reaction score
After the talking raccoon, the humanoid tree, the planet with a face and the sentient pile of rocks and his sidekick the warrior grub, which other weird and ridiculous characters from the comics would you like to see Marvel tackle in the future?

And yes, I know that Lockjaw was in Inhumans, but I don't care.

I don't know who to vote for but just wanted to add Barry Allen. Yes, the Barry Allen that died in Crisis in Infinity Earth's cheekily referenced in Marvel Comics as "Buried Alien" before gaining the name Flash Forward. He's Makkari's buddy in the Quasar comics that assists him in his efforts to best an elder of the universe named "The Runner". It was a silly comic with a bunch of cartoonish looking aliens racing across the cosmos.

Buried Alien (Earth-TRN242)
"Buried Alien" (not his real name, but he recalled it as being "something that sounded like that") was an amnesiac speedster from another universe, who was discovered by the Runner and invited to participate in his great race. He beat several other speedsters and was declared to be the fastest man alive, but never recovered his memory.[1] He later adopted the alias 'FastForward'.[2]

"Buried Alien" was obviously an intended reference to Barry Allen, the Flash of the DC Universe. Besides a similar sounding "real" name, the character wore a tattered red costume with yellow accents and boots, felt like he had a "ball of energy -- like lightning -- inside of" him, was from an alternate reality, and when he first appeared the last thing he remembered was "running", an obvious reference to Barry Allen's death in Crisis on Infinite Earths, where he ran himself to death (here, instead of dying, he was obviously supposed to have been transported to another reality). And, if those aren't enough references, he's also declared the "fastest man alive" (the Flash's most common epithet) by the end of his first appearance, which he says "feels...right". With Barry Allen being reinstated to the DC Universe canon during the events of Final Crisis, it is doubtful whether FastForward will make any further appearances.

Here's another source:
Buried Alien (Character) - Comic Vine
Buried Alien was a tribute Marvel character created after Barry Allen's death in Crisis on Infinite Earths. He was in a race with the top Marvel speedsters, won, and was declared the "fastest man alive", exactly like Barry Allen. He also had an extremely similar costume, red and yellow, and had yellow lightning alongside him as he ran. Also, the last thing Buried Alien remembered was running, just like Barry Allen's death in COIE. But, instead of dying. it is inferred that Barry Allen ran so fast that he jumped to the Marvel Universe. In the comic book, Buried Alien has amnesia.

Current Events
Buried Alien appeared as a tribute character, and was not used after his debut in Quasar.

Powers & Abilities
Although Buried Alien has a small amount of feats, he has beaten the fastest Marvel characters, including Makkari and Runner. It is also inferred that he has a connection to the Speed Force, much like Barry Allen.

Only made 2 appearances but kind of memorable: Quasar (Volume) - Comic Vine

quasar-fastforward.png

Last edited:
Obviously Hindsight Lad, El Guapo, and Cypher. The most powerful versatile heroes there are. I hope they show up to fight Thanos as they will give him serious trouble

The wacky side of marvel is one of my favourite parts of marvel so I hope we see almost all of them! But especially awesome Andy.

Oh and Giganto

Hmmm... Nothing like a humanoid blue whale sized monstrosity being able to move around on land. Better make sure he don't step on the Hulk though.:ebr:

Last edited:
How about Marvel's original Ghost Rider? He rode a horse instead of a motorcycle.o_O

Night-Rider-Marvel-Comics-Ghost-Rider-Rangers-Slade.jpg

Marvel's Original Ghost Rider (named after golden age publisher Magazine Enterprise's Ghost Rider except including more aspects akin to the Lone Ranger than supernatural elements):
Phantom Rider (Character) - Comic Vine
Marvel's first Ghost Rider look was based on the television series Lone Ranger and the Magazine Enterprises characterGhost Rider, created by writer Ray Krank and artist Dick Ayers for editor Vincent Sullivan in Tim Holt #11 (1949)...
After the trademark to the character's name and motif lapsed, Marvel Comics debuted its own near-identical, horror-free version of the character in Ghost Rider Vol. 1, #1 (Feb. 1967), by writers Roy Thomas and Gary Friedrich and original Ghost Rider artist Ayers. After this series ended with issue #7 (Nov. 1967), the character went on to appear in new stories in the omnibus title Western Gunfighters (1970 series) and in new backup stories in the otherwise reprint title The Original Ghost Rider Rides Again.

With the introduction of Marvel's supernatural Ghost Rider in the 1970s, Marvel renamed its Western Ghost Rider — first, to the unfortunate Night Rider (a term previously used in the Southern United States to refer to members of the Ku Klux Klan) in a 1974-1975 reprint series, and then to Phantom Rider. At least five men have been the Phantom Rider, one of whom is active in the modern day.
Description of all 5 Phantom Riders mentioned above (as well as a team called the Rangers): Phantom Rider (Character) - Comic Vine
Unchronlogical order of Appearances of this Marvel Character: Phantom Rider Comics - Comic Vine

Original Non-Marvel Comics Ghost Rider: Ghost Rider (Character) - Comic Vine
In 1949, writer Ray Krank and artist Dick Ayers created the Ghost Rider for Vincent Sullivan, editor of Magazine Enterprises. Originally written as the Calico Kid in his first appearance in Tim Holt #6 (Magazine Enterpises, May 1949), he was later reimagined or retconned as the Ghost Rider in Tim Holt #11 (ME, October 1949) for unknown reasons. The assumption is that the Ghost Rider was Marshall Rex Fury (other sources cite Rex Hart as his name) who was undercover as the Calico Kid and had to switch identities.

As the Ghost Rider, he remained a guest star throughout the Tim Holt series, later re-titled Red Mask when Tim Holt also donned a costumed persona. The Ghost Rider grew in popularity and appeared in various ME titles. In 1950, ME gave Ghost Rider his own horror series that ended after 14 issues (published as issues in the A-1 Comics series) due to the enforcement of the Comics Code Authority. He continued to appear in other comics as a back up feature with his last appearance being in Red Mask #50 (ME, November 1955).

Several years later in 1967, with ME long out of business, Dick Ayers became an employee of Marvel Comics. The policy of the Comics Code became less strict and Marvel and Dick Ayers re-launched the Ghost Rider character. The Marvel version is the same in appearance, abilities and M.O. but different in identity and origin. This Ghost Rider would be Carter Slade with no connection to ME's Ghost Rider or history.

In the 1980s, AC Comics acquired the properties of ME including Ghost Rider. AC Comics revived Ghost Rider re-naming him the Haunted Horseman since Marvel owns the Ghost Rider trademark. The Haunted Horseman appears as a supporting character in AC Comics' monthly book FemForce. 1999 was the 50th Anniversary of ME's historic Ghost Rider and AC published a special one-shot in honor of the event. The one-shot titled The Haunted Horseman contains classic reprints of the original ME stories.

Last edited:

Beta Ray Bill is my number one pick, got to admit part of me was a little sad when Dinklage said Stormbreaker in Infinity War that as well as his face on the Grandmaster's building in Ragnarok has made me think he's one we will never get to see. Especially now with Thor renewed appeal after Raganrok.

Personally think he could have been perfect for an unworthy storyline with Thor before both uniting at the end.

My second pick would be Howard The Duck, odd choice I know lol but I could see Marvel take another crack at this as the original didn't really capture the right feel imo.

I’d like to see MODOK.

I think he’d fit quite nicely as the villain in Ant Man 3.

Is Howard the Duck too mainstream to be considered on this list? I would like to see a well-done Howard the Duck that captured the feel of the comic books.

Howard the Duck is already officially part the MCU, that's why I didn't put him on the poll.

I don't know who to vote for but just wanted to add Barry Allen. Yes, the Barry Allen that died in Crisis in Infinity Earth's cheekily referenced in Marvel Comics as "Buried Alien" before gaining the name Flash Forward. He's Makkari's buddy in the Quasar comics that assists him in his efforts to best an elder of the universe named "The Runner". It was a silly comic with a bunch of cartoonish looking aliens racing across the cosmos.

Buried Alien (Earth-TRN242)

Here's another source:
Buried Alien (Character) - Comic Vine

Only made 2 appearances but kind of memorable: Quasar (Volume) - Comic Vine

quasar-fastforward.png
I like how the panel of "Barry Allen" holding a giant rabbit by the throat isn't even the craziest part of this post.

Not that weird I guess, but I'd like to see a [better] Deathlok show up in the films at some point

3444405-5265946201-beak3.jpg

He's not on the poll for reasons that should be obvious, but I still want to give a special shout-out to the mutant Beak, a character whose mere existence makes you kind of want to root for the Sentinels.

Machine Man is a great character who could easily carry a film or netflix series - there are a lot of themes that could be explored in an MM film/series ( loved the limited issue series from back in the day).

Impossible Man would be a fun comic relief villain.

I'll second the Man-Thing character. He'd fit in perfect in a Marvel Horror Anthology TV show. I've said it before and will say it again, I think a Creepshow or Tales from the Crypt inspired anthology show (but still being different from either) is a great idea for a moderately budgeted TV show. I'm not sure how scary fits into the MCU but a movie of some sorts in the horror vein be fun too if there's a way without it coming off kind of bleh.

Anyway, here's another fun somewhat odd character from the comics:
Jack of Hearts:
He's connected to Contraxia; the planet that appeared in Gaurdians of the Galaxy 2 where Howard the Duck's hanging out in the movie. I think it would be fun to have him meet up with the Starjammers at some point.

Character Bio: Jack of Hearts- Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia
All of Comics Appearances in unchrononologic order: Jack of Hearts Comics - Comic Vine

latest

jack02.jpg

Last edited:
I'll second the Man-Thing character. He'd fit in perfect in a Marvel Horror Anthology TV show. I've said it before and will say it again, I think a Creepshow or Tales from the Crypt inspired anthology show (but still being different from either) is a great idea for a moderately budgeted TV show. I'm not sure how scary fits into the MCU but a movie of some sorts in the horror vein be fun too if there's a way without it coming off kind of bleh.

Anyway, here's another fun somewhat odd character from the comics:
Jack of Hearts:
He's connected to Contraxia; the planet that appeared in Gaurdians of the Galaxy 2 where Howard the Duck's hanging out in the movie. I think it would be fun to have him meet up with the Starjammers at some point.

Character Bio: Jack of Hearts- Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia
All of Comics Appearances in unchrononologic order: Jack of Hearts Comics - Comic Vine

latest

jack02.jpg

I always liked Jack of Hearts, he was a bit odd but had a cool look.

Death's Head is such a great, fun character, he'd be great to see in the MCU.

In fact, if Transformers fan Travis Knight directs Guardians of the Galaxy 3, the chances of him appearing in the MCU could certainly increase, yes?

IMG_20180324_141044.jpg

Here's another character that I think deserves a mention:

291265eea556b9170d4eeb680ae6d3a3--marvel-characters-comic-books.jpg

Ruby Thursday, a supervillainess who replaced her own head with a shapeshifting orb.

Death's Head is such a great, fun character, he'd be great to see in the MCU.

In fact, if Transformers fan Travis Knight directs Guardians of the Galaxy 3, the chances of him appearing in the MCU could certainly increase, yes?

View attachment 13983
Oh my gosh, he looks so freaking ridiculous. Love him.

Last edited:
Here's another character that I think deserves a mention:

291265eea556b9170d4eeb680ae6d3a3--marvel-characters-comic-books.jpg

Ruby Thursday, a supervillainess who replaced her own head with a shapeshifting orb.

Oh my gosh, he looks so freaking ridiculous. Love him.

Ruby Thursday was a favorite of mine back in the day. She was freaky in the best comic book way. Ruby and the Headmen could be really fun if the MCU ever gets to those whacked out '70s tales. Of course, the real Defenders would have to assemble first.

2628.png My choice, either in spiderman movie as villain or one marvel movie would be the spot/Dr Johnathan Ohnn, who could open small portals anywhere, rob banks, get anywhere he wants, force Spidey into them and appear other places, fight through them fast, and more and be tough for Spidey to capture. Should be played by Matthew McConaughey.

2628.png

Ruby and the Headmen
Your post prompted me to do some research on these guys and that's how I found out about what is probably one of the most glorious Marvel characters ever conceived.

80e71424e9327197d4594109708b358c.jpg

Dr. Arthur Nagan was a former surgeon who took the organs from gorillas to use in people. However, his scheme was allegedly thwarted by the gorillas, who somehow transplanted his head onto a gorilla’s body.
****ing what? I want this guy in the MCU.

e6f0133d64877b7e918b5bbd99ef322b.jpg

Armadillo. He's human/armadillo hybrid, and as such he can roll into a ball. Because he's an armadillo, and that's what armadillos do.

I unironically love his design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"