Welcome to Earth One! - Part 1

Oh, I love that cover.

The creative team doesn't ring any bells for me. Are they good?

Cover is still hnnnnngh

tumblr_oszoywleAA1taqbkuo1_1280.jpg

That cover is beautiful, I'm excited for this one.

I'm still waiting to see who is doing Superman: Earth One vol. 4.

I'm still waiting to see who is doing Superman: Earth One vol. 4.

I've not read any Superman: Earth One. I read volumes I and II of Batman: Earth One and liked them, but I find Straczynski a bit 'hit and miss'. I take it you recommend S:EO?

I've not read any Superman: Earth One. I read volumes I and II of Batman: Earth One and liked them, but I find Straczynski a bit 'hit and miss'. I take it you recommend S:EO?

Only if you liked Man of Steel and Superman v Batman: Dawn of Justice because that's pretty much where they drew a lot of inspiration for Superman in the movies from IMO. They are very good books much like the Batman ones just different as you see a world that hasn't fully embraced Superman or given him their trust yet. He's also very young in that book like about 21. So he's a little wet behind the ears like Batman was.

Only if you liked Man of Steel and Superman v Batman: Dawn of Justice because that's pretty much where they drew a lot of inspiration for Superman in the movies from IMO. They are very good books much like the Batman ones just different as you see a world that hasn't fully embraced Superman or given him their trust yet. He's also very young in that book like about 21. So he's a little wet behind the ears like Batman was.

I liked both MoS and BvS. That sounds pretty interesting, I'll give it a go.

Really curious if the Aquaman and Flash Earth One GNs are still happening. I believe JMS said something awhile back that made it sound like The Flash might not, but I've heard nothing official on either.

I ended up finding WW: EO pretty "eh". But that art will always get me excited for a sequel.

Really curious if the Aquaman and Flash Earth One GNs are still happening. I believe JMS said something awhile back that made it sound like The Flash might not, but I've heard nothing official on either.

JMS is retired from comics, so I think his version of that won't eventuate. Last year, Manapul said it was on the back burner because of Trinity and some other stuff, but I don't know what the hold up is now.

I am just waiting for them to announce a new Superman: Earth One novel. I loved the first three.

From what I read of the DiDio/Jim Lee panel at NYCC, it sounds like Manapul's Aquaman: EO is still on.

Bechko and Hardman did an interview for it and they showed off some interior artwork, on DC all access live stream for NYCC. The interiors look pretty good and the story feels like an exciting new take on the GLC Universe (. Around the 2:09:50 mark is the black girl talking to Hal might be Carol). It is a little weird that it wasn't actually mentioned in a panel though like the other books were.

Here's a link to it, there's a short GL showcase then their interview: https://youtu.be/IzozOmblZOs?t=7290

http://www.blogofoa.com/2017/10/more-green-lantern-earth-one-details.html

I'm quite hyped for GL.

I'm not hyped for GL.
I'm afan of the character in the main serie and I'll judge it properly when I have the book but I feel the suitis going to be an astonaut suit with a green glow. Or something... I can't say. I just don't feel it the way I was hyped for Supes, Bats and WWoman.

Are all of these Earth One things supposedly in the same continuity? There's been no crossover between them so far, right?

Are all of these Earth One things supposedly in the same continuity? There's been no crossover between them so far, right?

I've only read Batman: Earth One but as far as I know they're separate. Then again so was Watchmen...

The Multiversity entry on Earth One makes it sound like they're all on one earth.

The Multiversity entry on Earth One makes it sound like they're all on one earth.

True. It also says "Time and space are still pliable, and nothing here is certain." Maybe they're on the same earth but different timelines.

I wonder if Geoff Johns and JG Jones would ever find a way to reconfigure their planned All-Star Batgirl book into the Earth One line, or if that's completely a thing of the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"