Welcome to the Film Lounge - Part 1

Also does anyone know why Parker Wayne, creator of this thread, was banned?

His user title says "Bannned User". With three n's

Looks like he fooled you :oldrazz:

There's a rumor that if you watch the director cut the movie somehow becomes good.
Haha. As flawed as it is, I actually enjoyed the movie. Mostly Affleck and Farrell. Garner and MCD not so much (bad casting choices)
Anyway, I was wondering what was the difference with the director's cut.
Also they need to reboot DD and make it much grittier. That's the one Aronovski should tackle imo.

Haha. As flawed as it is, I actually enjoyed the movie. Mostly Affleck and Farrell. Garner and MCD not so much (bad casting choices)
Also they need to reboot DD and make it much grittier. That's the one Aronovski should tackle imo.
The Director of 30 Days of Night and Twilight 3 is doing the Daredevil reboot.

http://www.filmwad.com/featured-theatrical-cuts-vs-director-s-cuts-2495-p.html
This lists the differences, but ignore the negativity.

I enjoyed 30 Days of Night....and can we stop calling these films reboots...its really no different then when a new creative team goes onto a comic

Depends on the situation. If they're just going from the following movies, such as Batman Forever, then you're correct, but if they're starting from the ground up (Origin, First Year, First Major Villian, etc.), then reboot is the appropriate term.

The Director of 30 Days of Night and Twilight 3 is doing the Daredevil reboot.

http://www.filmwad.com/featured-theatrical-cuts-vs-director-s-cuts-2495-p.html
This lists the differences, but ignore the negativity.
:up:
Thanks for the info. I like Slade so wait and see.
I enjoyed 30 Days of Night....and can we stop calling these films reboots...its really no different then when a new creative team goes onto a comic
I don't really care what they're called, as long as they're good. I'm always ready for a new interpretation on timeless characters, like in the comics like you said.

saw the trailer for 'Grave Encounters'.....my interest is piqued

There's around a half hour of previously unseen footage and a few minutes of the original deleted. I'd have to rewatch again to give point by point, but off the top of my head -

Matt doesn't go home with Elektra that night on the roof....they do not sleep together.

Many new scenes where they defend a guy (Coolio) that shows Matt being a lawyer, using his radar powers more, and leads to info on Kingpin to be used later.

Scenes with Kingpin's right hand man Wesley that brings more to the character and makes it clearer why the cops are on the way to pick up Kingpin at the end.

A couple more scenes with Bullseye doing things (one I remember is his getting through the metal detector at the airport with some paper clips because the guard things they are not dangerous).

Last edited:
I don't really care what they're called, as long as they're good. I'm always ready for a new interpretation on timeless characters, like in the comics like you said.

I agree in principal, but I don't understand why some people see some need to try to rail against what they're called. They are what they are, despite
quality, I don't see the problem with using the terminology
shrug2.gif

There's around a half hour of previously unseen footage and a few minutes of the original deleted. I'd have to rewatch again to give point by point, but off the top of my head -

Matt doesn't go home with Elektra that night on the roof....they do not sleep together.

Many new scenes where they defend a guy (Coolio) that shows Matt being a lawyer, using his radar powers more, and leads to info on Kingpin to be used later.

Scenes with Kingpin's right hand man Wesley that brings more to the character and makes it clearer why the cops are on the way to pick up Kingpin at the end.

A couple more scenes with Bullseye doing things (one I remember is his getting through the metal detector at the airport because the guard things they are not dangerous).
Thank you, C. Lee.

I'Ve seen a lot of movies in my life...and a lot of franchises and characters that just happen to be reused again.

I've seen (approximately) -

12 Tarzans
10 James Bonds
10 Wyatt Earps

....and so on and so on. I've seen hundreds of reimagining of characters....so it doesn't bother me when they do it.

I'Ve seen a lot of movies in my life...and a lot of franchises and characters that just happen to be reused again.

12 Tarzans
10 James Bonds
10 Wyatt Earps

....and so on and so on. I've seen hundreds of reimagining of characters....so it doesn't bother me when they do it.
:up:

Thank you, C. Lee.

I edited into that post something I left out....Bullseye gets paper clips through the metal detector becasue the guard things they are safe...this after we see him kill a guy with some.

I edited into that post something I left out....Bullseye gets paper clips through the metal detector becasue the guard things they are safe...this after we see him kill a guy with some.
Cool.

It makes for an interesting scene.....funny, ironic, and frightful. When this was made all of the restrictions on what you could bring on board a plane wasn't in place. He goes through the metal detector and it goes off. A guard comes over with a wand to check him and it zooms in on his poscket, he pulls out some paper clips and smiles at the guard....the guard just passes him on through....but we know how easily he can kill with them.

It makes for an interesting scene.....funny, ironic, and frightful. When this was made all of the restrictions on what you could bring on board a plane wasn't in place. He goes through the metal detector and it goes off. A guard comes over with a wand to check him and it zooms in on his poscket, he pulls out some paper clips and smiles at the guard....the guard just passes him on through....but we know how easily he can kill with them.
I enjoyed Farell's take on Bullseye and that scene sounds pretty cool.

There's a rumor that if you watch the director cut the movie somehow becomes good.

It really doesn't. :o I know there's a bunch of fans of that cut on the Hype, but I hated the theatrical cut and the director's cut didn't add much for me. The tone is more serious and some of the better scenes of the movie are in the director's version, but all of the stupid **** from the theatrical version is still in the director's cut. For an analogy, if you were rating this on a scale of five stars the director's cut would probably make your score of the theatrical go up by half a star.

I did not like the DC on first viewing, didn't like a big star like Coolio being used comedically, took me out of the movie a bit, and there were a couple of adds I thought were daft, and at least two that made scenes from the theatrical worse.
but, on a second viewing I appreciated it a lot more.
and after watching this video review of the differences, i appreciated even more what the differences were and how the story benefitted:

[YT]KRQqXRCLsl4[/YT]

Last edited:
Also does anyone know why Parker Wayne, creator of this thread, was banned?
His user title says "Bannned User". With three n's

Looks like he fooled you :oldrazz:

YES! I fooled someone! :funny:

They won't let you put "Banned User" on your user title unless your banned, so I 3 n's instead

Depends on the situation. If they're just going from the following movies, such as Batman Forever, then you're correct, but if they're starting from the ground up (Origin, First Year, First Major Villian, etc.), then reboot is the appropriate term.

I agree.

12 Tarzans
10 James Bonds
10 Wyatt Earps

I'm planning to see every single James Bond movie ever made this summer. Yes, even The Man With The Golden Gun and A View to a Kill. But not Never Say Never Again. That's too much suckage watching Octopussy, NSNA, and AVTAK.

I have to get around watching the Director's Cut. I haven't even seen the film in its entirety since 2003 for God sakes. Those added scenes sound good to me.

YES! I fooled someone! :funny:

They won't let you put "Banned User" on your user title unless your banned, so I 3 n's instead

I agree.

I'm planning to see every single James Bond movie ever made this summer. Yes, even The Man With The Golden Gun and A View to a Kill. But not Never Say Never Again. That's too much suckage watching Octopussy, NSNA, and AVTAK.
_ :cmad::woot:
_ Don't bother, specially AVTAK (maybe the worst Bond film with For Your Eyes Only and Moonraker of course). At least TMWTGG has Britt Ekland in a bikini and Christopher Lee. Unfortunately, still not a very good Bond movie.
The only good (or at least fun) Roger Moore Bond films are Live and Let Die (Yaphet Kotto great Bond villain)and The Spy who Loved Me (Barbara Bach:awesome:)

I'm sorry gwynplaine but I must! At least I won't be watching three straight bad Bond films (I'd add For Your eyes Only to good Moore Bond films too. I didn't think it was that bad).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"