Well-known/popular movie themes that annoy you?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Room Floor' started by OutOfBoose, Mar 4, 2018.

1. OutOfBoose

OutOfBoose Russian Hacker

2. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

Musical or symbolic?

I am a John Williams nut. So it’s probably a bit shocking that I am not fond of
    the Star Wars main titles. It’s played out so much it’s like the Happy Birthday song except about three times as long.

It’s also less tonally dynamic than his Jurassic Park theme.

I like the secondary themes in SW, I just think the main theme suffers from “infinite repeat syndrome.”

3. OutOfBoose

OutOfBoose Russian Hacker

Whatever way. Star Wars theme is almost like the wedding march to me these days.

I personally can't stand Requiem for a Dream theme. Depressing and annoying at the same time.

4. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

Inception in general comes across as kind of cold to me (It was enjoyable on first viewing, but the characters don't do much for me) but my point of contention is Zimmer's "TIME" theme. It sounds like a good Coldplay song, but not something that feels like a richly composed cinematic track.

Honestly, I've heard better stuff from production houses. TIME isn't "bad" but it doesn't really do the capabilities of symphonic scoring justice.

People have complained about Zimmer's work feeling too mechanical and processed, but with "TIME" I could practically hear Zimmer punch the chords into a computer. It's like the musical texture mattered more than the actual notes.

I liked his music for Intersteller, even though it definately homages Philip Glass.

5. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

Dunkirk - the first scene took me out of it.
    The buzzing didn't annoy me before, it sadly did here.