The Amazing Spider-Man Well this franchise is already Doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also very glad Sony cut the pre DNA crap (I think it's true). I would have raged in the theater.

Yeah, I don't know why the movie's already doomed. That **** got cut.

Yeah, I don't know why the movie's already doomed. That **** got cut.
Because they marketed this as some big untold origin story and what people haven't already seen before with Raimi's film got something that was inferior.

Also the whole DNA as a kid thing already failed with the first Hulk movie.

They should've learned.

I think this is the danger of following a movie too closely.

Some people have created a movie in their head that may never have been anyones intention to make

Because they marketed this as some big untold origin story and what people haven't already seen before with Raimi's film got something that was inferior.

They should've learned.

You do realize that 'The Untold Story' refers to more than the first movie?

He also skates, that's untold.

You do realize that 'The Untold Story' refers to more than the first movie?

:up: actually , Didn´t Webb sais the mystery won´t be anwered in the first film ?and also "The Untold story" and then "Begins" from the second trailer

Some people have created a movie in their head that may never have been anyones intention to make

THIS! its funny when you guys complain because we all know that sony will still take our money
url

therefore, it will not be doomed

They should've learned.

Uhhh, they did? It's not in this movie.

That same logic applies to me with some games

yeah........but making Peter a mutant IS NOT a superficial change......

Why would he have to be a mutant? I don't know what the original intent of those scenes was but I posted in another forum what if it's as simple as Peter's dad had to use his own dna in the development of the spiders. Since Peter's dna is similar to his fathers his body wasn't overtaken but the spider's dna as it would have effected anyone else.

Something similar to this was done in Ultimate Spider-man with the venom suit. The suit was designed by Peter and Eddie Brock's fathers as a cure for cancer. Pete's dad used his dna in the development of the suit. So when Peter is attached to the suit it doesn't kill him as it had others and he's able to successfully merge with it.

For clarification, why is everyone assuming that's the big thing they decided to cut? Making Peter a mutant I mean. We have no evidence of it other than assumptions, and Webb himself denied that was ever a plot point.
Yeah, and Zack Snyder denied that Zod would be in Man of Steel. We don't know what filmmakers and co. are up to behind the scenes of these million dollar blockbusters since they're paid to lie about things they don't want the audience to know.

But Peter is a mutant.

well, technically, he is.

but I was going by the Marvel verse definition of a mutant, which is someone born with powers ( or the X gene ).

but Peter's not a mutant like the X-men mutant......

but Peter's not a mutant like the X-men mutant......
But he's still a mutant. Preparing him from getting killed or turning into Man-Spider by being bitten by a spider doesn't count as being a mutant. Having spider powers does.

Spiderman has always been a mutate, but not a mutant in the X-men sense.
I just don't like using the word mutate. A mutant is someone who has undergone a genetic change, wether it be before, or after birth. So technically, all superheroes who aren't of some planet where everyone has powers or doesn't have any powers are mutants.

I just don't like using the word mutate. A mutant is someone who has undergone a genetic change, wether it be before, or after birth. So technically, all superheroes who aren't of some planet where everyone has powers or doesn't have any powers are mutants.

Yeah, I agree. The Marvel Universe is a strange place when it comes to classification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"