No Way Home "We're Beyond You Calling Me Sir" - The Stephen Thread

Reaction score
Dr. Strange is back! And opening the Multiverse of Madness in a Spider-Man movie before his 2nd solo film.

Him casting an extremely dangerous spell just because a teenager asked him to is... a choice.

Doesn't seem consistent with the Doctor Strange that would've let Peter die if it meant keeping the Time Stone away from Thanos.

Him casting an extremely dangerous spell just because a teenager asked him to is... a choice.

Doesn't seem consistent with the Doctor Strange that would've let Peter die if it meant keeping the Time Stone away from Thanos.
Perhaps he had a reason to change his mind. But why the comment "Double life has risks" and "Here, this spell will give yon secrets back"? Even if the movie has a fine explanation for this, it feels weird and needless contradiction in the trailer.

I think there's so much potential with Cumberbatch's Strange and he's a wonderful presence as the character.

While I think the Doc Strange solo is text book Marvel Mediocrity, Cumberbatch has always been good in this part and the showings he had in IW and AEG MADE the character for me in the MCU.

But...

What's going on with Strange here? I get that he and Peter have a bond after IW/AEG. I get that Strange would be inclined to help Peter on multiple levels ranging from professional courtesy to a very young hero to sympathy knowing how Stark's death affected Parker.

Fine.

But the presentation in the trailer is far too flippant in terms of altering reality. And Wong, while he rightly IS the senior here over Strange feels way more like a Master Of The Mystic Arts than the Doc.

Granted, I come to that view with my thinking of Comic Strange as the "Sorcerer Supreme" which, technically MCU Strange is not.

Still... Stuff feels off and it feels off in the way MCU **** is... Done just because and papered over with humor.

I'll give Strange the benefit of the doubt and think that he's just this arrogant to think that it's a doable spell with his skills but just grossly underestimated Peter's waffling screwing it up.

Anyone else try to imagine Joaquin Phoenix saying them lines with a straight face? Hilarious to think about. Especially them hand gestures.

TG5Mccw.gif

I asked this in the general thread but no one answered...

Anyone know why there's snow in the Sanctum?

Anyone else try to imagine Joaquin Phoenix saying them lines with a straight face? Hilarious to think about. Especially them hand gestures.
He played a guy dating a voice box and a guy who puts make-up on his face and takes a gun to a show for children, so I can see him reading those lines with a straight face.

I asked this in the general thread but no one answered...

Anyone know why there's snow in the Sanctum?
I would like it for someone to take me out of my mystery, but I doubt they would know the answer to this spoiler now.

Ill wait for the movie to decide if Strange is truly out of character

It feels like the doctor is acting a bit strange. :ebr:
Seems like he even fights against SM at some point. He's kind of acting recklessly. Could the "What If" series have any bearing on this? Since we saw glimpses of evil Doctor Strange... Also Wong was pissed of at DS, packed his bags and seemed to be leaving the Sanctum Sanctorum and heading to Kamar Taj.

Is it possible that he already knows the outcome? That way he'd have less of a problem performing the spell?

I suspect Strange' role is going to be more of mentorship than even Tony gave Parker in the MCU.

I love the comics featuring Spidey and Dr. Strange because Peter is totally out of his depth in Strange's world of Magic and Dr. Strange tolerance of Parker is assuming to read especially when Peter screws up and causes more problems for him.

Why would Peter call him Steven and not Dr Strange or even Mr Strange? He always called Tony "Mr Stark". You'd think he'd go there after using "sir".

I guess Peter's Spider-Hypnosis works on more than just females.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"