Marvel Films Werewolf by Night

Do a Blair Witch-style documentary expose on Man-Thing, where you have footage of the group in question traveling to pertinent locations and giving short little informative interviews, intercut with old newspaper clippings/articles/archival footage talking about who it is and where it came from. Have a bunch of them get offed by the Touch at the end due to being so afraid.

Either that or do a fun, more lighthearted urban legend documentary about Sasquatch.

The MCU could actually expand the type of directors they get if they are allowed to do "in universe documentaries" without having to heavily use CGI.

The MCU could actually expand the type of directors they get if they are allowed to do "in universe documentaries" without having to heavily use CGI.

Also would be a great testing ground for new directors in the MCU to see what they are made of. If the response to their special presentation is overwhelmingly positive, they get a big budget, big screen project to work on and direct. If not, then they just go back to doing what they were doing before. That way, you don’t waste a bunch of money on somebody that is unproven or on a project you’re not sure people are going to like or not.

Also would be a great testing ground for new directors in the MCU to see what they are made of. If the response to their special presentation is overwhelmingly positive, they get a big budget, big screen project to work on and direct. If not, then they just go back to doing what they were doing before. That way, you don’t waste a bunch of money on somebody that is unproven or on a project you’re not sure people are going to like or not.

Yep. It would be good for directors who don't want to do a CGI heavy movie and new directors as well.

I believe an in universe documentary could take the pressure off the VFX crew.

Yep. It would be good for directors who don't want to do a CGI heavy movie and new directors as well.

I believe an in universe documentary could take the pressure off the VFX crew.
I know that people are not high on him after the recent Thor film, but I think Taika Waititi would absolutely thrive in this realm. He’s practically the king of modern comedic mockumentaries and works so much better with a smaller budget. Maybe he could do that Sasquatch project that I pitched. You could get so much comedic gold out of just that one premise.

If you were to do an in universe documentary about an established character, you can use that character's prior appearances in the MCU as "archival footage." It could be used to fill gaps about that character. Like I wouldn't mind seeing an in universe documentary about Monica Rambeau, as we don't know what she did between the events of Captain Marvel (when she was a little kid) to WandaVision other than taking care of her sick mother and blipping away by Thanos.

I hope it's something they consider for special presentations in the future.

WtF was this awesome.
better than other phase 4 projects like MoM or Thor L&T

If you were to do an in universe documentary about an established character, you can use that character's prior appearances in the MCU as "archival footage." It could be used to fill gaps about that character. Like I wouldn't mind seeing an in universe documentary about Monica Rambeau, as we don't know what she did between the events of Captain Marvel (when she was a little kid) to WandaVision other than taking care of her sick mother and blipping away by Thanos.

I hope it's something they consider for special presentations in the future.

An expansion on that little bit of that Peggy Carter interview from the Winter Soldier and do a History Channel-style segment interviewing still-living veterans of World War II and their experiences. Get people who have actually made and worked on those kinds of segments to make it. Bonus points if they could actually get Gary Senise to narrate.

There are so many avenues you could explore it’s not even funny.

Ted looked really good btw. Quite the glow up compared to his last appearance IMO
f2oRnOy.png

Gawdamn this was great. So much style in just 50 minutes, Giacchino could get the Blade gig and I'd be absolutely down. Really hope we get more of Jack, Elsa and Man-Thing(!) soon.
This is the best possible advert for his skills for something like Blade. He would be an amazing get for that or any Midnight Sons character, or even the full collaboration itself if it happens.

This is the best possible advert for his skills for something like Blade. He would be an amazing get for that or any Midnight Sons character, or even the full collaboration itself if it happens.

Yeah, I just cannot see how Marvel wouldn't at least ask him to direct more Supernatural Marvel after how this turned out.

Yeah, I just cannot see how Marvel wouldn't at least ask him to direct more Supernatural Marvel after how this turned out.
Sign him up (and the lead actors) long term! This project couldn’t have gone much better IMO. I want Marvel to put effort into creating a supernatural/horror sub-universe with some talents like this. They can take over Halloweens going forward. :cool:

Great suggestion. This would allow them to try a wide variety of talent out in a low risk setting. Should be win win for all parties doing it this way.

Watching this now. This looks like they just turned down the colour because the filming still looks very modern and not like something out of the 40s or 50s.

Also Elsa kind of reminds me of Krysten Ritter.

Finished watching now. Man Thing looked cool and exactly like the comics. I hope he gets his own TV special and shows up in other films/ shows. He could be another fan favourite like Groot.

Also Elsa did remind me of Jessica Jones and made me miss seeing the character. Hope we get JJ again soon.

This was awesome and my only disappointment is that it wasn't longer. Man-Thing was great, and it was nice to finally see them do that character justice unlike that crappy 2005 Syfy Channel movie.

I really hope Marvel does more stuff like this in the future because I would definitely be down for a full-length series of this and hopefully, they keep embracing the R-rated nature of the material as well.

Also, Laura Donnelly was badass, and I'd love to see more from that character down the line.

Yeah, that “2.5 out of 5” review on the front page of the main website by Luke Y. Thompson can f**k right off. This was great. Like, really well done and entertaining. Such great style and panache. If this is the kind of stuff we can expect from these specials, I can’t wait to see what they come up with in the future.

Can the website get rid of that guy for reviews, please? I have yet to see a review from him that is actually good.
I seriously forget we have a news page... who hires the writers? Where do they come from? No one knows. One of life's great mysteries.

I guess I’m in the minority. I found it kind of boring and predictable. While I wasn’t expecting something terrifying, I was hoping for something a little more suspenseful.

The hunters got played up but there was barely any interaction between them. I can tell this was made with a lot of passion and the effects on Man-thing were great. But it’s not something I would revisit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"