Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel

Crockett

With Teeth
Reaction score
Johnny Depp is confirmed to star in Anderson's next film, no details have been released besides but Anderson co-wrote with a friend not in the movie business, this could be the film mentioned in the Twitchfilm article where Anderson has approached actors which besides the regulars like Owen Wilson, Murray, Dafoe and Brody etc. there's a few new names like Depp, Jude Law & Angela Lansbury. Anyway Wes is great and it's always excited every-time someone new decides to collaborate with Wes, and it's good for Depp to work with someone else besides Burton. :o

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/johnny-depp-wes-anderson-movie-starring-grand-budapest-hotel/

Last edited:
Awesome. Johnny Depp and Angela Lansbury together at last.

Johnny Depp needs to take a looooong break from Burton. This is awesome news.

i'd love to see Murray & Depp on screen together again

After what Anderson did with Willis and Norton in Moonrise Kingdom, I'm very excited to see what he brings out of Depp.

It took Depp long enough to finally do one of Anderson's flicks.

This could be a really, really great pairing. Don't like the title of the movie though. Sounds too much like the Darjeeling Limited.

Some set pics. This is apparently close to wrapping. Goldblume looks good with a beard.

budapest_fiennes.jpg

budapest_goldblum.jpg

budapest_hotel.jpg

budapest_owen_wilson.jpg

budapest_group.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_DH9GaH4J0Y

For the record, I don't think Depp was ultimately involved in this.

Is this the same guy that directed the Resident Evil movies? If so this movie is gonna suck, and I am surprised his wife did't get a shoehorned in role lol.

...that's Paul w.s. Anderson...this is directed by Wes Anderson. He did fantastic mr. Fox, royal tennenbaums and moonrise kingdom...

I don't even know who that other mofo is.

So....Depp isn't in this?

I swear I need to make a thread citing the differences between Wes Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson and Paul W.S. Anderson. Somebody out of that group is getting acclaim he doesn't deserve way too often.

What a stunning poster.

Wes Anderson = genius

So....Depp isn't in this?

Deadline initially reported that he was to be in but according to Anderson it's just bs. Anyway fantastic poster, eager for the trailer.

The problem with Hollywood is that there's a lot of spinning and lying, so it's hard to say. But let's it's true and Depp was gonna be in but dropped out:

I think Ralph is a better choice only because of the storyline. I think Ralph comes as a more mature older man than Depp, which is key to his character's relationship to Saoirse Ronan. Depp is still too youthful.

Depp also doesnt need the quirkyness of Wes Anderson, while having Ralph Fiennes in the role sounds much more fun.

I think it's more type-against for Ralph in this case.

Saoirse Ronan in a Wes Anderson film comes straight from my dreams. :D

I swear I need to make a thread citing the differences between Wes Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson and Paul W.S. Anderson. Somebody out of that group is getting acclaim he doesn't deserve way too often.

Do it! I used to get them confused all the time

That is one bad place of a cast...and dat beard on Goldblum!!

I love it when it we have another Wes Anderson movie on the horizon. Sucks that Depp ain't in it tho but..... Where the bad place is my Life Aquatic Criterion Blu-ray!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"