'Westworld' Creators Set Futuristic Drama Series 'The Peripheral' at Amazon

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
'Westworld' Creators Set Futuristic Drama Series 'The Peripheral' at Amazon

Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan will adapt William Gibson's book 'The Peripheral' as a script-to-series project for the retailer and streaming outlet.

Days before the highly anticipated second season of Westworld debuts on HBO, creators Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan are looking to their next project.

Joy and Nolan, via their Warner Bros. Television-based Kilter Films banner, are set to adapt William Gibson's book The Peripheral as a drama for Amazon Studios. The project landed at Amazon in a competitive situation, with the retailer/streaming outlet handing out a script-to-series order. (Meaning that should the script for the drama come in well, it would be picked up straight to series rather than going through the traditional pilot process or pay a sizable financial penalty.)

The Peripheral revolves around Flynne Fisher, a woman in a near-future America in which technology has started to subtly alter society. Flynne discovers a hidden connection to a very different reality — and the dark future of her own.

Jonah, man, I love you - but ease up on the tech-*****. :oldrazz:

We know they'll produce and oversee the project but I wonder if Joy and Nolan will write and direct any episodes since they're busy with Westworld.

Nice a POI reunion.

I didn't know he replaced Scott Smith. Is that a good thing? :ebr:

Just checked Greg Plageman's WGA page and it says he's working on a second season.

Season 1 writing credits:
  • Episode 1x01 - Written by: Scott B. Smith
  • Episode 1x02 - Written by: Scott B. Smith
  • Episode 1x03 - Written by: Scott B. Smith
  • Episode 1x04 - Teleplay by: Scott B. Smith, Story by: Bronwyn Garrity
  • Episode 1x05 - Written by: Jamie Chan
  • Episode 1x06 - Written by: Greg Plageman & Scott B. Smith
  • Episode 1x07 - Written by: Jamie Chan & Scott B. Smith
  • Episode 1x08 - Teleplay by: Scott B. Smith & Greg Plageman, Story by: Scott B. Smith

Looks good! :up:

I wonder who is doing the soundtrack. Figured it might be Ramin Djawadi because of POI and Westworld, but he didn't retweet the trailer like he always does with new projects.

Never heard of this but it looks cool. :)

I'm intrigued after the first episode and I really love the world building and vibe in this.

I haven't read the novel, but I really liked the first two episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"