BvS What about a Lois/Bruce romance?

Hey, Ben might want to get a lil crack at Amy, if he has some script control. :o

Well, Ben IS closer to age with Amy than Henry does, and what better way to create tension between two superheroes if it seems like Batman is flirting with Superman's gf, and Supe didn't like it? A love triangle could make the whole thing more interesting.

I was kidding. I don't want that at all.

Well, Ben IS closer to age with Amy than Henry does, and what better way to create tension between two superheroes if it seems like Batman is flirting with Superman's gf, and Supe didn't like it? A love triangle could make the whole thing more interesting.

No
In Spanish: No
In French: Non
In Whitney Houston speak: Hell to the naw

As for the 'there's never been a Batman movie where Bruce didn't have a love interest' comment, this isn't a Batman movie; it's a Superman movie that features Batman, and that's not going to change regardless of the size and specifics of Bruce's role in the story.

They just cast Ben Affleck. He's not gonna have a "minor" role.

Even the World's Finest story arc in the Superman animated series saw Bruce romantically involved with Lois. And in case you haven't noticed, WB is shooting for a huge payday so you can expect this movie to check off just about every big budget hollywood trope there is. You can't have Batman in this movie and NOT have him be interested in chicks when Superman is all gooey eyed over Lois Lane.

Trust me, Batman will at least TRY to kiss someone in this movie.

He can kiss anyone he likes, except for Lois. Unless, as I said, her flirtations with him are all a part she's playing to help out Clark.

OR, if they're daring, and do a threesome. Poly love.

They just cast Ben Affleck. He's not gonna have a "minor" role.

Even the World's Finest story arc in the Superman animated series saw Bruce romantically involved with Lois. And in case you haven't noticed, WB is shooting for a huge payday so you can expect this movie to check off just about every big budget hollywood trope there is. You can't have Batman in this movie and NOT have him be interested in chicks when Superman is all gooey eyed over Lois Lane.

Trust me, Batman will at least TRY to kiss someone in this movie.

I'm sure you mean Bruce....I don't wanna see batman kissing anyone

Skrilla: Clark and Lois are already committed to one another by the end of Man of Steel, and that's not likely to change just because they cast Ben Affleck as Batman.

Also, Affleck's comments indicate that the role is very much a supporting one even if he and Cavill both have fairly substantial parts to play story-wise.

Skrilla: Clark and Lois are already committed to one another by the end of Man of Steel, and that's not likely to change just because they cast Ben Affleck as Batman.

The filmmakers aren't above shoehorning things into the story just to play it safe i.e. Superman and Lois in MOS.

Also, Affleck's comments indicate that the role is very much a supporting one even if he and Cavill both have fairly substantial parts to play story-wise.

Who cares what anyone says at this point. Lots of people have said things. Snyder said things. Goyer said things. The writing has been on the wall for this movie since it was announced. The studio doesn't care what's best for the story, just what's best for the bottom line. That means you can bet they're gonna market the HELL out of that dual logo and you can also bet that Batman isn't gonna just have some minor role. He's gonna be the 2nd lead at worst.

The filmmakers aren't above shoehorning things into the story just to play it safe i.e. Superman and Lois in MOS.

Who cares what anyone says at this point. Lots of people have said things. Snyder said things. Goyer said things. The writing has been on the wall for this movie since it was announced. The studio doesn't care what's best for the story, just what's best for the bottom line. That means you can bet they're gonna market the HELL out of that dual logo and you can also bet that Batman isn't gonna just have some minor role. He's gonna be the 2nd lead at worst.

Like Zod was in MOS. Yes, we get it. He'll have a large role to play. But I'm hopeful still that we get a film told mostly from Clark's perspective, like in MOS.

Skrilla: Where did you get the idea that the Lois and Clark relationship was 'shoehorned' into MoS?

Skrilla: Where did you get the idea that the Lois and Clark relationship was 'shoehorned' into MoS?

Not the relationship, but the extent of the relationship. The story didn't really call for the two of them to be so madly in love so quickly and yet that didn't stop them the two of them from sharing a passionate kiss atop a mass graveyard.

^ How do you know what the story did or didn't call for? Were you somehow privy to the story discussions that Snyder and Co. had while they were working on the script?

^ How do you know what the story did or didn't call for? Were you somehow privy to the story discussions that Snyder and Co. had while they were working on the script?

Uh, because I'm an audience member I heard audible groans when the two of them kissed.

^ An Isolated reaction means absolutely nothing.

You're right, an audience's reaction means absolutely nothing. Only the opinions of the studio and the filmmakers matters. The kiss scene felt totally organic and natural and didn't feel forced at all. One of the best modern day love stories of our time.

^ Just because the audience YOU were with with reacted negatively to the Lois/Clark kiss doesn't mean that that was the universal reaction.

Last edited:
You're right, an audience's reaction means absolutely nothing. Only the opinions of the studio and the filmmakers matters. The kiss scene made felt totally organic and natural and didn't feel forced at all. One of the best modern day love stories of our time.

Well, a few people in my audience went "Finally!" when they kissed.

I personally loved the kiss, and how they're both still shaking from the PZ trying to suck them in -- particularly Clark, who seemed far more affected by the PZ than Lois.

Although, I will admit, ANY type of kiss in a movie like this always makes me mildly embarrassed. It was still hot, and is one of my favorite movie kisses. My own personal favorite (and also probably the most ridiculous kisses in the world) is Will and Elizabeth's wedding in the middle of battle during POTC: At World's End.

Yeah. I am that ridiculous when it comes to movie kisses.

^ Just because the audience YOU were with with reacted negatively doesn't mean that every audience reacted to the Lois/Clark kiss negatively doesn't mean that that was the universal reaction.

Except the Superman/Lois romantic subplot was one of the widely criticized aspects of the film by critics and fans alike.

^ Show me proof, please.

And just like that, I'm done.

You post on a superhero movie forum. You obviously keep up with the news, speculation, and discussions that arise from superhero movies. I'm sure you were at least somewhat active during the aftermath of MOS's release. Please stop pretending like I just said something totally new and unheard of that demands re-enforcement. Go on youtube, go on review sites, read some blogs, read some posts posts on THIS forum on THIS website and see if I'm the only person who shared that sentiment.

But I'm sure you know that already so I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do here.

Except the Superman/Lois romantic subplot was one of the widely criticized aspects of the film by critics and fans alike.

I think you are saying it was a cliché - having Superman and Lois in love. So much of the film went in a different direction from canon, why bring in this heavily canon subplot? At least in the first film.

The New 52 is going in a different direction with WW being Superman's love interest. I think this is a fairly new shift away from the Lois and Clark canon at DC in a new direction. Maybe if it had occurred when Goyer was writing MOS the script would not have revisited it.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Superman and WW in JL. I think its a natural love interest match.

I know a lot of critics didn't like it and some fans too but it was not a problem for me.

Last edited:
I think you are saying it was a cliché - having Superman and Lois in love. So much of the film went in a different direction from canon, why bring in this heavily canon subplot? At least in the first film.

The New 52 is going in a different direction with WW being Superman's love interest. I think this is a fairly new shift away from the Lois and Clark canon at DC in a new direction. Maybe if it had occurred when Goyer was writing MOS the script would not have revisited it.

I know a lot of critics didn't like it and some fans too but it was not a problem for me.

Yeah, but the New 52, there still seem to be undercurrents of Lois/Clark. I think it's fair to say that they are attracted to each other, if nothing else.

Lois & Clark is my OTP, so I'm fine with what they did in the film. I particularly enjoyed the fact that Lois grew attracted to Clark as a person first, before he became the world's savior.

She saw all the little things he did, and the bigger things, and met him, and liked him as a person, not just as the Superman.

There were two other times in the film where I thought that Lois and Clark would kiss, so it did not strike me as odd that after a particularly traumatic moment they locked lips.

But of course, the real moment that showed how beautiful the relationship is happens in the subway, where Lois holds him while he weeps. That moment was one of the best of the film, and it showed us the strength, the potential, and the depth of feeling.

And just like that, I'm done.

You post on a superhero movie forum. You obviously keep up with the news, speculation, and discussions that arise from superhero movies. I'm sure you were at least somewhat active during the aftermath of MOS's release. Please stop pretending like I just said something totally new and unheard of that demands re-enforcement. Go on youtube, go on review sites, read some blogs, read some posts posts on THIS forum on THIS website and see if I'm the only person who shared that sentiment.

But I'm sure you know that already so I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do here.

Just because I post on this board doesn't mean that I'm automatically aware of exactly how people reacted to the Lois/Clark parts of MoS' story, either here or in general, and it's not unreasonable to ask you to show me evidence that indicates that the majority of people didn't like the Lois/Clark romance and how it was handled.

Yeah, but the New 52, there still seem to be undercurrents of Lois/Clark. I think it's fair to say that they are attracted to each other, if nothing else.

Lois & Clark is my OTP, so I'm fine with what they did in the film. I particularly enjoyed the fact that Lois grew attracted to Clark as a person first, before he became the world's savior.

She saw all the little things he did, and the bigger things, and met him, and liked him as a person, not just as the Superman.

There were two other times in the film where I thought that Lois and Clark would kiss, so it did not strike me as odd that after a particularly traumatic moment they locked lips.

But of course, the real moment that showed how beautiful the relationship is happens in the subway, where Lois holds him while he weeps. That moment was one of the best of the film, and it showed us the strength, the potential, and the depth of feeling.

I think what will happen with the JL trilogy, given that Superman will be crimped for screen-time with 4 other heroes sharing the spotlight, is a Superman/WW romance subplot. Especially as I doubt Lois will play much of a role in the JL films - because of screen-time and the need to focus on the big 5 and presumably multiple big-time villains.

Batman is useless to the world. He has no control over the world (only Gotham city, and he can't even keep people safe there). Only Superman is responsible for the fate of the world.

Between this, the Lana Lang stuff, and the idea that Superman will kill villains from now on, it's obvious you're a troll.

The New 52 is going in a different direction with WW being Superman's love interest. I think this is a fairly new shift away from the Lois and Clark canon at DC in a new direction.

If you think this will last longer than a year or two then I've got a bridge in Gotham to sell you. Geoff Johns has already said it will end badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"