BvS What about a Lois/Bruce romance?

All I know is that considering that Bruce's presence in this film feels like an huge invasion within the superman franchise already for some since a lot of us wanted a standard solo sequel...Bruce had better not be written to fall for Lois or vice versa..and while Bruce could try to flirt with Lois, they'd better be careful on how they have Lois respond since one wrong action could make her look bad.

I have no problem per se with Bruce falling for Lois, as long as Lois stays true to Clark. However, I have so much doubt of that happening, that I really hope we see Vicki Vale.

Batman has never been featured in a movie where he didn't have a love interest.

You can pretty much guarantee that there's going to be some kind of Bruce/Lois subplot.

Or they could just bring in Vicki Vale. Or Salina Kyle. Or Wonder Woman. Or all sorts of other people.

They just cast Ben Affleck. He's not gonna have a "minor" role.

Even the World's Finest story arc in the Superman animated series saw Bruce romantically involved with Lois. And in case you haven't noticed, WB is shooting for a huge payday so you can expect this movie to check off just about every big budget hollywood trope there is. You can't have Batman in this movie and NOT have him be interested in chicks when Superman is all gooey eyed over Lois Lane.

Trust me, Batman will at least TRY to kiss someone in this movie.

Well, as long as Lois gives Wayne a proper smacking across his face for trying to kiss her, I will be ok with it.

^ Just because the audience YOU were with with reacted negatively to the Lois/Clark kiss doesn't mean that that was the universal reaction.

Anyway, it almost won the Teen Choice Lip Lock awards, so obviously lots of people liked it.

Anyway, the true sign of the L&C relationship was their flirtatious interaction in the end.

Come to think of it, Lois turned down Steve's offer of Court-side seats. If she turns down Steve, why would she not reject Bruce Wayne too?

I think you are saying it was a cliché - having Superman and Lois in love. So much of the film went in a different direction from canon, why bring in this heavily canon subplot? At least in the first film.

The New 52 is going in a different direction with WW being Superman's love interest. I think this is a fairly new shift away from the Lois and Clark canon at DC in a new direction. Maybe if it had occurred when Goyer was writing MOS the script would not have revisited it.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Superman and WW in JL. I think its a natural love interest match.

I know a lot of critics didn't like it and some fans too but it was not a problem for me.

Even the New 52 will come around to a Lois/Clark relationship eventually. You would have probably been proclaiming Smallville as a new shirt for Superman canon back in 2002, but guess what, Lois and Clark got married there to.

On the other hand, MOS did shake up the L&C relationship. they totally ended all of the love-triangle-built-for two aspects. Even Smallville had Lois with differening relationships with the Blur and Clark.

MOS totally changed the L&C dynamic. Lois is no longer the woman Clark has to fool, but his accomplice in hiding.

Come on. There will be a lot going on in JL for them to suddenly start with a romantic SM/WW subplot, especialy when Superman already has a established relationship with Lois Lane in the previous films and WW will have her own love interest in her movies (Steve Trevor). Just because the new comics are making a mediocre attemp at that relationship doesn't mean a movie will go in that direction when they've clearly started with Clark and Lois falling in love in the first movie and with their relationship growing in the second. And with the history Superman and Lois have had since they were created together in 1938.
The new52 has based SM/WW on the premise that Clark can't tell his secret to the one he truly wanted at first : Lois and is feeling totally alone and isolated, so he turned to the only woman he could find next to him and who is feeling the same way. Even though he still thinks of Lois. A story completely different from the one we had in Man of Steel.

Lois Lane has played a part in other JL stories in the comics, at worst I can see her playing her a role similar to Pepper in the Avengers, with all the stuff the plot of a JL film will have going on the last thing a JL movie needs is to be focused on a romance.

Of course then there are those of us who hope to see CK and Lois's wedding in JL.

I have no problem per se with Bruce falling for Lois, as long as Lois stays true to Clark. However, I have so much doubt of that happening, that I really hope we see Vicki Vale.

Wow John, you resurrected this thread on your own.lol Honestly, I rather avoid it completely since even if it’s a one sided thing it still provided needless drama for the two characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"