What age would your kids have to be for you to let them watch Marvel movies?

a user

Civilian
Reaction score
Or any other such PG-13 movies?

Marvel has its share of profanity and sexual content, and with its popularity among all age groups, would you let a 7-year-old kid watch it?

Do you think 'blockbuster' PG-13 movies could be at least somewhat more age-appropriate than they are, without compromising quality in order to be so?

Probably like 6.
They won't know what's going on half the time, but they'll like the action

Some PG13 movies like The Dark Knight a little, but later. But 6 seems fine

Probably as soon as they can start to watch and understand what a movie is. I was 3 when Spider-Man came out, and I saw it once it was on dvd. Around that same time I had started watching the Star Wars OT, amount other things. So probably around 4-5 for some of the more lighthearted and easier things, and work from there.

Yeah, 6 seems about right; maybe 7 or 8 for some live action just to maybe follow a bit better.

Some younger kids do like to imitate sometimes and can get pretty hyped up so best in moderation if need be though. I remember seeing TMNT live action at like 8 or 9 and me and my friends went out and started kicking over corn stalks who were the footsoldiers. Needless to say, the farmer wasn't too happy going door to door asking parents to get their kids to stop doing that.

If I had children (which I don't) I'd be like, *over here, is DC kids*…….get it right early ;)

From birth, though they won't remember watching those films for the first time.

for sleeping purposes, the sin City movies, as the visual presentation/colors really put me to sleep.

Shortly after the umbilical cord is cut. :confused:
But wouldn't they head to an incubation room first? And you can't play movies right there, as the babies need to sleep. Maybe once you and your baby get home, then you can show all the Marvel flicks out there.

But wouldn't they head to an incubation room first? And you can't play movies right there, as the babies need to sleep. Maybe once you and your baby get home, then you can show all the Marvel flicks out there.
They've slept for nine months. It's now time to introduce them to Batman, Thor and Rorschach. ;)

They've slept for nine months. It's now time to introduce them to Batman, Thor and Rorschach. ;)
You know babies need to take a rest after birth and need to be checked by doctors first for like 3 days.

once you're out of hospital, then stream away!

His diary entries for childcare would be something to behold.....

I am going to watch these movies all the time forever, so my kids will be forced to watch them at a young age :o

Depends on the Marvel movie...

Ant-Man? like 4 or 5
Cap 1? 6 maybe
Winter Soldier? Idk, 8 or 9
Infinity War? I think I'm still too young for that ending...lol

Last edited:
Or any other such PG-13 movies?

Marvel has its share of profanity and sexual content, and with its popularity among all age groups, would you let a 7-year-old kid watch it?

Do you think 'blockbuster' PG-13 movies could be at least somewhat more age-appropriate than they are, without compromising quality in order to be so?

It depends on the child, but I'm going to say *most* of the MCU is suitable for a 7-year-old. There are a few outlier themes like Stark's pre-Iron Man womanizing, the GotG's lewd jokes, and intense moments like Hela knocking out Thor's eye that I would carefully ponder before letting child that young watch. I held off until the 8/9 range and had a talk with each of my kids about fantasy vs real expectations before letting them delve into PG-13 fare.

I will admit If I ever have kids I will have a rather skewed view on this I remember watching the South Park movie when it came out and I think I was 6 or 7 so yeah Marvel's safe enough for any age compared to that haha.

lol true
I was 6 when I saw Terminator 2 for the first time, so when my friends are like "I don't want my 10-year-old watching Avengers" I'm like "are you f***ing serious??"

lol true
I was 6 when I saw Terminator 2 for the first time, so when my friends are like "I don't want my 10-year-old watching Avengers" I'm like "are you f***ing serious??"

The flip side of that, especially when it comes to the theater experience, is that moments that seem pedestrian to adults can be confusing or frightening to a child. Back in '07, I went to see Ghost Rider and noticed a man, probably a father, bring a kid of 5 or 6 into the theater. Not surprisingly, the kid was screaming and crying when Blackheart showed up. Not only was it traumatic for the kid, it made for a less-than-optimal viewing experience for the rest of us. Parents or guardians should always be cautious if they have doubts about the kid's ability to process what's on screen.

Its not just what's on screen to be considered, it's the capacity of the child's imagination behind the visuals in processing what's there for them to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"