Justice League What are some scenes you wanna see in a JLA movie?

Entirely untrue, because you've based you argument on a false assumption that Green Lanterns' are without fear.

"You have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps"- Every ring as it collects its initiate.

The Green Lantern Corps primary enemy is fear, both because fear prevents action, action is based on willpower, but in a very fundamental manner, fear is their enemy. The Green Lantern Corps is at war, against the Sinestro Corps, who utilise fear to conquer worlds and use the literal, universal embodiment of fear as their champion. They fight fear every time they put on their ring, Batman hides himself in it.

The fact that a Sinestro Corps ring actually made a beeline for Batman when it was searching for a bearer pretty much sealed it.

This isn't a scene that I would want in the JL movie, but I'd like to see this in a post-credit scene to tease the JL movie.

Flash or WW are standing on a rooftop at night. You hear similar words from a shadowy figure that Ra's al Ghul said to Bruce Wayne when he was in that prison cell in BB. Then out of the shadows steps Batman. Cut to black.

This is effing insane... the fights in this game look so good.. I want this game so bad but hate shelling out $60 for a game. I'll wait til the price goes down but that wait is going to kill me

If you wait about 6 months or so, you might be able to get it for $20 or $30 less.

I thought of a kind of funny scene they could have for Superman meeting Green Lantern (presumably Hal): He's been at the whole "space cop" gig for some time now and is just returning to Earth for the first time in months (he's away during the events of MOS).

The Guardians tell him of what went on with Zod and the alien that protected the human race from the threat and Hal gets flustered because it's his job. So he tries to either A) arrest Superman for illegally living on another planet without formally gaining entrance or B) talk him out of being Earth's protector since he's not qualified (he's not a space cop). Basically with the New 52 Hal attitude but no fight necessary. I think it'd be a great comic relief scene but with a purpose... to have the two characters meet for the first time.

Also, another character interaction scene could be where Superman, Wonder Woman, GL, and Flash have all met and are tentatively working together already but some lead (typically crazy guy archetype of a character) telling stories of a "demon" plaguing Gotham city and taking vengeance on the sinful residents of the city. And similar to episode 7 of Batman: TAS "P.O.V." where the rookie cop misinterprets Batman's gadgets as mystical powers, the assembled heroes get the impression that Batman really is a demon or some cosmic being and go to confront him as a result. Could also be mildly comedic but not overbearingly so.

I think having Batman be a mystery to the other heroes would be a great plot point if there's time- they can explore them trying to figure out what his powers are until they realize at the end that he doesn't have any. Plus, he definitely should be the last hero to appear on screen of the 5 or 7. Maybe in mid or late second act.

I would like to see superman uppercut darkseid to the moon where they have a brawl on the moon.

I thought of a kind of funny scene they could have for Superman meeting Green Lantern (presumably Hal): He's been at the whole "space cop" gig for some time now and is just returning to Earth for the first time in months (he's away during the events of MOS).

The Guardians tell him of what went on with Zod and the alien that protected the human race from the threat and Hal gets flustered because it's his job. So he tries to either A) arrest Superman for illegally living on another planet without formally gaining entrance or B) talk him out of being Earth's protector since he's not qualified (he's not a space cop). Basically with the New 52 Hal attitude but no fight necessary. I think it'd be a great comic relief scene but with a purpose... to have the two characters meet for the first time.

That's awesome, haha.

I also think there should be a connection between GL and MM.
GL is supposed to be the protector of sector 2814, yet he wasn't there to save MM's people. MM doesn't say anything, keeping it to himself, until Hal is being dismissive of the League ("I have a galaxy to go protect"), and MM puts him in his place, asking "then where were you? Where were you when my people were attacked? When my family was taken from me".

Hal leaves in frustration/guilt to attend to matters elsewhere in the galaxy, saying that Superman seems to be protecting the Earth just fine.

And of course GL will show up in the very end, having changed his mind and swallowed his guilt, in the nic of time to do the job they recruited him for, to protect the masses with his shields.

Also, another character interaction scene could be where Superman, Wonder Woman, GL, and Flash have all met and are tentatively working together already but some lead (typically crazy guy archetype of a character) telling stories of a "demon" plaguing Gotham city and taking vengeance on the sinful residents of the city. And similar to episode 7 of Batman: TAS "P.O.V." where the rookie cop misinterprets Batman's gadgets as mystical powers, the assembled heroes get the impression that Batman really is a demon or some cosmic being and go to confront him as a result. Could also be mildly comedic but not overbearingly so.

I think having Batman be a mystery to the other heroes would be a great plot point if there's time- they can explore them trying to figure out what his powers are until they realize at the end that he doesn't have any. Plus, he definitely should be the last hero to appear on screen of the 5 or 7. Maybe in mid or late second act.

If its the Nolanverse, the fact that he survived a nuclear bomb could play into it. Or the fact that he died and came back.

I can picture a news/talk show segment, not unlike Dark Knight Returns or Watchmen, starting off the movie talking about the phenomena of superhumans (serving as a recap).

"5 years ago, we learned that we were not alone in the universe. The city of metropolis...etc etc.....only a few days later, Coast City was briefly but severely attacked by another alien life form....etc, etc. ....WW...Flash...And now this today, Atlantis. It's too much. ......And let's not forget the guy who started this all, the Batman"

"But Bob, that's different. He's just a regular guy."

"But is he, Carl? I mean the guy survived a nuclear explosion for christ's sake. He must be some kind of Vampire or Demon or something."

Cut to a concerned Bruce watching the news in his modest Florence apartment, with Selina in the background.

"I don't know about that Bob. I mean the people of Gotham practically worship the Batman."

"yeah well call me paranoid, but what's going to happen when one of these superhumans has a bad day? What if they decide to switch sides? What then Carl? The people are scared. And something has to be done."

Last edited:
Entirely untrue, because you've based you argument on a false assumption that Green Lanterns' are without fear.

"You have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps"- Every ring as it collects its initiate.

The Green Lantern Corps primary enemy is fear, both because fear prevents action, action is based on willpower, but in a very fundamental manner, fear is their enemy. The Green Lantern Corps is at war, against the Sinestro Corps, who utilise fear to conquer worlds and use the literal, universal embodiment of fear as their champion. They fight fear every time they put on their ring, Batman hides himself in it.

No it's not. When you consider putting on a power ring bestows the user with such powerful abilities and great power. One which Batman doesn't have, invariably you're providing a security blanket that you wouldn't ordinarily have. Where as Batman has none of that yet he accomplishes great things in spite of his vulnerability. If you say the Green Lanterns have fear then it cannot be to a degree great enough to prohibit them from carrying out the function of a Lantern Corps member. As you said: "fear prevents action, action is based on willpower, but in a very fundamental manner" yet Batman has more fear but carries on regardless. Which is why the quoted phrase by John Stewart rings hollow to me. All that says to me is that Batman understands fear and you might say embraces it. So what? What is a green lantern? One who hides himself/herself behind a ring of power? For that matter what would Hal Jordan or John Stewart be without the ring? Just men. To turn away from fear is to not understand what motivates someone and therefore I would question how human they are.

Last edited:
Hal isn't afraid of Batman, that's pretty much what he's getting at. Other characters fear his methods and what not, while Jordan doesn't care for it.

Hal seems like the only thing he's afraid of is relationship commitment. Pretty ironic.

I would like to see Batman on the rope and running atop buildings.

No it's not. When you consider putting on a power ring bestows the user with such powerful abilities and great power. One which Batman doesn't have, invariably you're providing a security blanket that you wouldn't ordinarily have.

Batman puts on super body armour that can protect him from gods themselves. He is not an ordinary man.

Where as Batman has none of that yet he accomplishes great things in spite of his vulnerability.

Batman is very rarely depicted as truly "vulnerable" and the times he is, it is not because of physical limitations, considering he usually makes a habit of battling metahumans and defeating gods. In fact, Batman is usually depicted as being the least vulnerable member of the League.

If you say the Green Lanterns have fear then it cannot be to a degree great enough to prohibit them from carrying out the function of a Lantern Corps member. As you said: "fear prevents action, action is based on willpower, but in a very fundamental manner"

"You have the ability to overcome great fear" A Green Lantern overcomes their fears. Every great Lantern does. And like most superheroes, their fears trace from losses (Hal with his father, Kyle his mother and John his wife).

yet Batman has more fear but carries on regardless.

Batman does not need to confront fear every time he goes out on patrol. Batman creates an air of fear towards others (hence his attempted recruitment into the Sinestro Corps "You have the ability to inspire great fear"). Also, source for this information?

Which is why the quoted phrase by John Stewart rings hollow to me. All that says to me is that Batman understands fear and you might say embraces it.

Seems apt enough.

So what? What is a green lantern? One who hides himself/herself behind a ring of power?

No. Because the ring doesn't work for just anyone. Green Arrow tried to use Hal's ring to confront Sinestro and all he could muster was a half formed arrow that Sinestro barely noticed. That strain broke his hand, arm and crushed his spirit. He asked if that is what it always felt like and he is told "every damn time".

What they are is someone who can force their indomitable will into reality. Despite their fear.

Not men who can just defeat gods despite so called "vulnerability".

For that matter what would Hal Jordan or John Stewart be without the ring? Just men.

And do you know what they do when they lose their power? They keep fighting, against insurmountable forces, as men. Without tanks, planes rockets, body armour and gadgets.

Batman is not "just a man".

To turn away from fear is to not understand what motivates someone and therefore I would question how human they are.

It's like you're not listening at all:

"You have the ability to overcome great fear".

Batman puts on super body armour that can protect him from gods themselves. He is not an ordinary man.

Right but other than protection this doesn't give him the range of abilities that a Green Lantern would have. Moreover there's a big difference between putting on armour with a few gadgets and company perks ('the car' etc) and wearing a ring whose power can manifest one's will into reality. A huge difference actually.

Batman is very rarely depicted as truly "vulnerable" and the times he is, it is not because of physical limitations, considering he usually makes a habit of battling metahumans and defeating gods. In fact, Batman is usually depicted as being the least vulnerable member of the League.
Yet physically he is, hence why he has to adopt the armour you mentioned. He's certainly the one's who's most likely to be reminded of his mortality.

"You have the ability to overcomegreat fear" A Green Lantern overcomes their fears. Every great Lantern does. And like most superheroes, their fears trace from losses (Hal with his father, Kyle his mother and John his wife).
I would question anyone with 'fear denial'.

Batman does not need to confront fear every time he goes out on patrol. Batman creates an air of fear towards others (hence his attempted recruitment into the Sinestro Corps "You have the ability to inspire great fear"). Also, source for this information?
Uhhh...yes he does. The very nature of his work is dangerous and welcomes death, fraught with peril and anything can go wrong for him. His grapple line could fail or his cape could get torn or ripped, not great if you need to jump off a building - for instance. You can't project fear onto other unless you've mastered your own and understand what it is. Batman uses it because as a naked force, it's the most powerful thing he understands and has felt viscerally since losing his parents in such a violent manner. Rather than run away from it he's learnt to deal with it. Again, as said in TDKR, it can give you that extra edge. To fight a bit harder, to jump a bit higher or run a bit harder. It has a function rather be dismissed as something 'evil'.

No. Because the ring doesn't work for just anyone. Green Arrow tried to use Hal's ring to confront Sinestro and all he could muster was a half formed arrow that Sinestro barely noticed. That strain broke his hand, arm and crushed his spirit. He asked if that is what it always felt like and he is told "every damn time".
It's a cyclical thing. If you can harness something of great power then by its very nature it's empowering. Possibly to the extent of removing the fear of dying. I'm not questioning a Green Lantern's strength of will but rather their relationship of fear and their understanding of it.

What they are is someone who can force their indomitable will into reality. Despite their fear.

Not men who can just defeat gods despite so called "vulnerability".
But it's the ring that creates whatever construct they have in mind, where as Batman has to make the things himself (to what degree varies in each incarnation of course). The point of Batman having defeated far more powerful adversaries merely exemplifies his guile, cunning and intellect. His "supposed" vulnerability stems from how easily he can lose his life. He can't deflect bullets like Superman or Green Lantern.

That's the glossy definition of a Green Lantern but belies what is to me 'behind the ring' so to speak.

And do you know what they do when they lose their power? They keep fighting, against insurmountable forces, as men. Without tanks, planes rockets, body armour and gadgets.
Righto, not something unique to them. Bruce Wayne travelled the world for 7-10 years remember. Time spent in which Bruce Wayne didn't have Batman. Batman didn't appear overnight, it was a hard fought end for him. Besides he can take care of himself without the suit, it's not simply there to give him body armour.

Batman is not "just a man".

Yes he is. Yes Batman's a symbol but it's also a mask.

WWJSS? Even John Stewart said behind it all, he's just a man (although a very gifted and able one).

It's like you're not listening at all:

"You have the ability to overcome great fear".
Nice try, "you don't agree with me so you're not listening". I simply don't put stock in what you say despite your best efforts and I don't need anything underlined, put in bold or italics to get the meaning of it. I get it (sorry), I really do. I don't view the Green Lanterns nor Batman the same way you do, that's all.

Fundamentally for me, I see the Green Lanterns fighting fear (i.e the Sinestro Corps as you said before) as an elemental force, an external enemy. Rather than with Batman who understands fear at a very visceral level and who's always struggled with it but also embraced it.

This is batman in morrisons JLA, and this is how he contributes.

[YT]iPzqCi3Np4w[/YT]

I hope the producers go with this characterization and not...that other one.

As for scenes, I hope something like this.

JLA89pg01.jpg

With Snyder's direction...Marvel would have to regroup.
Have that be the characters intro.

Right but other than protection this doesn't give him the range of abilities that a Green Lantern would have. Moreover there's a big difference between putting on armour with a few gadgets and company perks ('the car' etc) and wearing a ring whose power can manifest one's will into reality. A huge difference actually.

But because of that armour Batman is able to stand up to these gods of the DC world. That elevates him to a position of more than a man.

Yet physically he is, hence why he has to adopt the armour you mentioned. He's certainly the one's who's most likely to be reminded of his mortality.

Green Lantern is also physically a man, which is why he needs the ring and lantern.

I would question anyone with 'fear denial'.

It's not denial, it's acceptance which is why Hal was considered the greatest Lantern, he denied the Guardians (and Sinestro's) tenet that fear cannot be overcome, it must be eradicated.

Uhhh...yes he does. The very nature of his work is dangerous and welcomes death, fraught with peril and anything can go wrong for him. His grapple line could fail or his cape could get torn or ripped, not great if you need to jump off a building - for instance.

And Hal could encounter a Manhunter which drains the rings power and turns him into a regular man in the same way if you take away Batman's advantages he's a regular man.

You can't project fear onto other unless you've mastered your own and understand what it is.

I disagree, I'm scared of being shot or stabbed, but I'm fairly sure most people would also be scared of me if I pulled a gun/knife on them.

Batman uses it because as a naked force, it's the most powerful thing he understands and has felt viscerally since losing his parents in such a violent manner. Rather than run away from it he's learnt to deal with it. Again, as said in TDKR, it can give you that extra edge. To fight a bit harder, to jump a bit higher or run a bit harder. It has a function rather be dismissed as something 'evil'.

Fear isn't just evil, it's overcoming it, conquering your own that gives great Lantern's their power.

It's a cyclical thing. If you can harness something of great power then by its very nature it's empowering. Possibly to the extent of removing the fear of dying. I'm not questioning a Green Lantern's strength of will but rather their relationship of fear and their understanding of it.

Green Arrow had to overcome his fear of being out of his depth to use the ring, and the results were as described. The GLC has been undergoing this change for several years. Though it is still called "willpower" it is now more akin to valiance, or courage. Their bravery in the face of fear.

But it's the ring that creates whatever construct they have in mind, where as Batman has to make the things himself (to what degree varies in each incarnation of course).

But the fact he can create these exemplifies he is not ordinary. To quote Superman (roughly):

"Sometimes I admit I think of Bruce of an ordinary man. Then he pulls a gadget out of his belt and reminds me of what an extraordinarily inventive mind he has and how luck I am to call upon him."

In short, he is extraordinary.

The point of Batman having defeated far more powerful adversaries merely exemplifies his guile, cunning and intellect. His "supposed" vulnerability stems from how easily he can lose his life. He can't deflect bullets like Superman or Green Lantern.

Every hero faces villains more powerful than them. But they survive anyway. Bruce can just take the bar lower.

Righto, not something unique to them. Bruce Wayne travelled the world for 7-10 years remember. Time spent in which Bruce Wayne didn't have Batman. Batman didn't appear overnight, it was a hard fought end for him. Besides he can take care of himself without the suit, it's not simply there to give him body armour.

Never said he doesn't every hero always keeps going without their powers as explored in countless stories. Being Green Lantern isn't just a ring, it's a characteristic, or attitude.

Yes he is. Yes Batman's a symbol but it's also a mask.

WWJSS? Even John Stewart said behind it all, he's just a man (although a very gifted and able one).

Exactly, you take away the mystique of Batman and he loses all power. Bruce Wayne is just another face that could be ground under Darkseid's heel, but with his suit, he was the man who faced down evil itself and smiled as he did it.

Nice try, "you don't agree with me so you're not listening". I simply don't put stock in what you say despite your best efforts and I don't need anything underlined, put in bold or italics to get the meaning of it. I get it (sorry), I really do. I don't view the Green Lanterns nor Batman the same way you do, that's all.

Fundamentally for me, I see the Green Lanterns fighting fear (i.e the Sinestro Corps as you said before) as an elemental force, an external enemy. Rather than with Batman who understands fear at a very visceral level and who's always struggled with it but also embraced it.

Fair enough:highfive:. I wasn't trying to seem condescending or anything. It's just you kept labelling the Lantern's as denying fear, which it isn't, for an allegory, when Bruce was in the Pit after being defeated by Bane in TDKR, he wasn't ignoring his physical injuries, he was overcoming them.

And I didn't mean to make it seem as if Bruce didn't understand fear on a visceral level, he does, hence his ability to inflict fear on others and his induction to the Sinestro Corps. But it is equally personal to both of them, Bruce wears the totem of his fear on his chest and draped around him, Green Lantern burns it into his mind whenever he faces an enemy and Hal does it as a job.

Just like Stan Lee and the Marvel films, I would like to see cameo appearances by some famous DC fans/writers/artists, like Kevin Smith, Dan Diddio, or Geoff Johns.

No thanks, we already know how Batman survived, he repaired the auto-pilot on the Bat. If Bale is back, it should be Bruce and Clark (maybe Robin), the two (I'm hoping) well established characters.

I placed this somewhere else, but this thread seems fitting for it, so thought I'd toss it in here.

Basically I have this idea in my mind of how I would like to see the JL movie start.

Opening scene: I'd like to see it start right at the end of The Dark Knight Rises film. Replaying the last 3 or 4 minutes, give or take.

It opens with the finale of TDKR when Batman's ship blows up.

Than the camera moves in, and after all that debris and dust has settled and fallen into the ocean, from that huge bomb Bane was going to use to destroy Gotham City with, we see Ryan Reynolds there, flying in the air, in his GL suit with his hand extended and a green beam being emitted from his ring, and at the end of the beam, is Bale's Batman, encased in a circular ball shield where he was once sitting in his ship, saved by The Green Lantern. Hal than takes Batman from Gotham to tell him of the Earth's impending danger.
First off, it's not a ship (but I get ur point lol). Secondly, it's not my first choice to have a superhero save Batman at the end of Rises. Cuz I believe it's a bit of a rewrite. Yeah I know we don't see it so they can add it in, but it seems tacked on. But if it had to be a superhero I would make it Superman who saves him not GL.

Don't like the idea of Hal and Bruce chumming up. Bruce should be annoyed by him, enough to ignore him every chance he gets. I see Reynolds in the role of Jordan who tries to get under his skin.

Barry and Hal should be the pals.

Anyways I don't really like the idea of writing that in. To me, Batman ejected on the beach (which is why they show that shot) before he sends The Bat out into the bay on auto-pilot. Don't like the idea of going back and writing something into a movie when it wasn't the intention. It's like Spider-Man 3 all over again with Sandman killing Uncle Ben.

That's an interesting idea, but I'm just personally not crazy about seeing Batman get saved by anyone else. To me, it takes away from him as a character. I'm not saying that it's a bad idea or anything, it's just not my cup o' tea.

I'm just thinking out loud (through my fingers), but maybe pick the story up from the point in which Afred sees Bruce and Selina at the cafe. Maybe Bruce and Selina have a conversation about something that they're after. A relic from Apokolips? That could lead to him needed to recruit Superman and other heroes.

No thanks, we already know how Batman survived, he repaired the auto-pilot on the Bat. If Bale is back, it should be Bruce and Clark (maybe Robin), the two (I'm hoping) well established characters.

You can't be too sure of that. He mentioned to Catwoman and Gordon that there was no auto pilot. Furthermore, you don't see him ejecting out of the bat at any time during that sequence. You are left to believe that he was in the vehicle up to 5 seconds before the explosion. Yes, it was later revealed that the software for the auto pilot was ordered repaired by Bruce Wayne 6 months before but it is not certain when that patch was installed.

Hal and Bruce shouldn't have a good relationship. My two cents.

Batman and Superman eventually end up being best friends almost, but he and Jordan only tolerate each other to this day.

I don't see how Superman could save him, unless he flew, faster than a speeding bullet, har har, grabbed Batman out of the cockpit, and took him far away to safety just before the blast and explosion.

1475.gif

If the Man of Steel can achieve orbit like this, then he can move faster than a speeding bullet (at least 9 times faster, in fact). How's that for speed?

I personally like the Green Lantern explanation on how Batman survives better. It could also make room for those two to chum up a bit and start to pal up, and leave room in the script for Bruce to start to build up animosity towards Clark/Superman, like he has in The Dark Knight Returns.

Although this is a plausible scenario (and they could use a number of the other Justice League members in this case), it is more appropriate to use Superman. These two characters are the foundation of the expanded film universe so it is more fitting and appropriate to have the two meet first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"