Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Cutting Room Floor' started by CJ, Dec 16, 2018.
Very chill, mellow track.
Tron: Legacy - Solar Sailor
Composed by Daft Punk
Phantom Menace: Duel of the Fates
Matrix Revolutions: Neodammerung
Avengers Endgame: Portals Scene
Get Him To The Greek: Bangers Beans & Mash
To name a few
Tron Legacy had 2 things going for it:
1) An amazing design and look, I mean it the stuff inside the computer matrix looks awesome; and
2) The score, it was fantastic - straight up. Daft Punk did an amazing job.
Anything Williams related, in particular, E.T. & Superman (1978). I think Christopher Drake's Batman work for his animated films has been out of this world and of course as many are mentioning, the LOTR series, pure escapism.
One minor criticism I have of the MCU is the lack of recognizable and consistent musical motifs for characters ( with 2 main exceptions, see below). This is a bit sad as so much great music came out of Civil War, never to be seen again.
Fortunately in Infinity War/Endgame Thanos has a consistent motif and Captain Marvel's theme is played during her final appearance in Endgame when she destroys Thanos' ship - which I liked.
Now on to the exceptions !
First and foremost , the Avengers - a really recognizable and dramatic theme. Nice work Alan Silvestri!
However, my favorite theme of all the MCU films is the Guardians of the Galaxy theme:
I really like Tron Legacy - Solar Sailor also.
Okay, while I loved Man of Steel, I can see why some didn't and accept that. However, I would argue with anyone who didn't approve of Hans Zimmer's score, and in particular his de facto Superman theme - which starts from a gentle piano and builds until it literaly soars . I feel that this theme was really underused in Man of Steel, and I'm saddened that it is very unlikely to show up in future Superman films, here's a particularly mighty live version of it, perfomed by the man himself.
I have also become a huge fan of the Mission Impossible series, particularly the more recent films - check out the music in this scene which really heightens the intensity of Tom Cruise sprinting across rooftops ( including the moment he breaks his ankle and still hauls himself up and starts running):
I don't know a lot of Lorne Balfe's work, and this has some similarities to some of Zimmer's work (I'm thinking TDK and Inception) but it's still awesome.
Shadow of the Colossus is free for playstation plus subscribers and the game is already pretty depressing but when you add the soundtrack from The Road it really enhances the experience.
Score only, I take it?
1. The Ludlows (Legends of the Fall) - James Horner
2. Into the City (Dark City) - Trevor Jones
3. Batman Theme (1989) - Danny Elfman
4. Promontory (Legends of the Fall) - Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman
5. The Departure (Gattaca) - Michael Nyman
6. Welcome to Jurassic Park (Jurassic Park) - John Williams
7. For the Love of a Princess (Braveheart) - James Horner
8. This Land (The Lion King) - Hans Zimmer
9. Love Theme (St. Elmo's Fire) - David Foster
10. Kingdom Dance (Tangled) - Alan Menken