The Dark Knight Rises What Batman villians wouldnt work in Nolans Batman series.

To be honest, I think all villians COULD work if adapted right for the story.

newwaveboy87 said:
i can't see Clayface or Man-Bat working in Nolan's universe.

Whoa, with Nolan's twisted world of mental thriller and visual illusions I think Clay Face would be perfect. Especially if the movies were still done by Tim Burton. I definitely agree with the man-bat aspect though. I think Ivy would be terrible because she is too much of a sexual mind player than a villain. But God knows Joker would be perfect and I think its damn cool that nobody says Joker shouldn't be done. This is a great thread.

Ivy would probably be most fitted instituted in the same movie with Catwoman to mess with Bruce's mind but truthfully I don't want to see a corny love triangel. Alot of what Nolan does is mind confusion for the protagonist and the audience. You never know whats next with Nolan. But I'm faithful with whats to come.

BatScot said:
Why wouldn't Scarface work? There's nothing unrealistic about a guy with a puppet and a gun... Scarface would actually be one of the easier villains to work into Nolan's world view.

It's the ones that defy the laws of the known universe (e.g., Clayface, Man-Bat, etc.) that wouldn't fit.

yea, i was just posting about scarface and the ventriloquist in the other thread. i really think they could work perfectly. but youd have to get a REALLY great actor to be the ventriloquist. :up:

oh and about poisen ivy, she could work to the extent of how screcrow worked. (if she wasnt already ruined be B&R)

more than anything i really want mr freeze and bane to be in a sequel, they were absolutley terrible in B+R. Bane just being some tough henceman to the other two and Freeze as much as i liked Arnold nah it didnt work.

I'm a hardliner on the villains—or heroes for that matter—in Nolan's 'real-world' set-up... a guy with pale skin, or someone with half-a-face, or a cat burglar, or a man with a long nose, etc. are all within the realm of possibility but as soon as you introduce an ‘X-File’ character—whether as villain or hero (e.g., a flying alien)—you’ve broken the ‘reality’ that Nolan so purposefully established in this first film.

I think that all the villians in the rogues gallery could fit into Nolan's universe if they were changed enough but I don't want to see classic characters being changed beyond recognition just for the sake of having the character name (think the Catwoman movie).

I agree with an earlier post that only those that aren't really workable in a realistic universe shouldn't be in Nolan's universe.

theRedRider52 said:
One word. . . ScarFace, you know the crazy puppet guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Batman475.JPG

He would easily fit in. Its funy cause I mentioned that to my friend and he said it would never work. A little puppet a head of the mafia souns funny but I think it fits in. Remember what Gordan told Batman at the end of BB. Batmans theatrics would cause the basd guys to do the same. At that point, he shows batman the joker card. A villian like scarface would show that someone would have to be really demented to think a doll would be in control instead of the normal person controlling the puppet. Its perfect for the Batman universe that Nolan has made.

I doubt Croc or Clayface would work though. I could see freeze or catwoman. Two face would be perfect also.

If joker is in BB2 for sure, Harlequin (sorry if i spelled wrong) better be in it.

Chuck Norris
He should also be Alfred, Racheal and Batman.

Well, i think clayface could work but you'd have to do it pure cgi and IMO i dont want that,
Mr. Freeze would work with ed harris... maybe if it was a dark freeze

just my 2 cents

IzzyJG99 said:
Haha. I don't even care if Harley doesn't speak at all in the movie. I just want to see a pretty girl in a tight black and white unitard.

I just hope they dont caset Kirsten Dunst for her lol. I was upset when she was cast for MJ in spidey lol. I need someone sexy for Harley!!!!!

i want Christina Ricci for Harley.
eff that whole Brittany Murphy for Harley band wagon! :mad:

I think most characters could be done "Nolan" style due to the common human thread and the story behind the character.Most would involve balance.Turning up certain parts of the charater to ten and maybe turning down the more camp/cartoon elements.

while i tend to agree with you there are about three characters that i couldn't see working out at all - Clayface, Man-Bat, and Killer Croc (based purely on his literal reptillian appearance)

This is the only way I could see Croc working:

He was originally an amateur wrestler, and on the side...a hitman.

He develops a rare case of skin disease.

It causes his skin to skale and become lumpy and deformed.

Maybe more of a pale grey, not so much a green, skin that is callossed (not sure of the spelling), and jagged.

His performing wrestling name was KILLER.

So now he gets the name, KILLER CROC.

And whatever, move on from there...Maybe he gets punched in the face and it messes up his teeth making them all jagged.

PERSONALLY, I don't think all this effort is worth it, because I don't know if there is much that can be done with croc (imo). But if he was done, I would follow the skin disease idea.

--dk7

skin disease is the only way to go about it.
but truly, is his character worth putting into a film?

darknight7 said:
This is the only way I could see Croc working:

He was originally an amateur wrestler, and on the side...a hitman.

He develops a rare case of skin disease.

It causes his skin to skale and become lumpy and deformed.

Maybe more of a pale grey, not so much a green, skin that is callossed (not sure of the spelling), and jagged.

His performing wrestling name was KILLER.

So now he gets the name, KILLER CROC.

And whatever, move on from there...Maybe he gets punched in the face and it messes up his teeth making them all jagged.

PERSONALLY, I don't think all this effort is worth it, because I don't know if there is much that can be done with croc (imo). But if he was done, I would follow the skin disease idea.

--dk7

I totally like your idea. The whole him as a crocodile is like Dr. Connors as The Lizard. It works for Spider-Man, but in Batman's world Croc is better as a tormented soul having to live with this ugly deformity. The outside world rejects him. I could see the man being a hitman for Penguin and him, Penguin, and Joker trying to gas Gotham and turn them into freaks like them, but if that weren't the case I'd just have Croc being a pro-wrestler or circus freak that is looking for some extra cash so he becomes a goon for some mob family and tries to take out the Batman ala Bane.

NinjaTurtleFan said:
I totally like your idea. The whole him as a crocodile is like Dr. Connors as The Lizard. It works for Spider-Man, but in Batman's world Croc is better as a tormented soul having to live with this ugly deformity. The outside world rejects him. I could see the man being a hitman for Penguin and him, Penguin, and Joker trying to gas Gotham and turn them into freaks like them, but if that weren't the case I'd just have Croc being a pro-wrestler or circus freak that is looking for some extra cash so he becomes a goon for some mob family and tries to take out the Batman ala Bane.

yeah but could you have a whole movie about the villain, i think it'd be a croc, (Pun fully intended)

clayface might be able to work too, but it'd have to be CGI and it should look like TAS clayface...yeah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"