The Dark Knight Rises What Batman villians wouldnt work in Nolans Batman series.

that and his origin and general concept is just way too out there for Nolan-verse.

newwaveboy87 said:
that and his origin and general concept is just way too out there for Nolan-verse.

Depends on which Clayface they do. Besides, the first Clayface (Basil Karlo) was not even a man of clay when he first started being a villain; they could like do something that gives a TLH vibe with Karlo's crimes. It was not until after the third and fourth Clayfaces broke him out of prison and I believe injected him with their DNA; then he became the Ultimate Clayface.

people who know about Clayface know about him from BTAS where he was a massive shape shifting blob. the villian is just too out there and CGI intense to work in this real world, very serious version of Batman.

newwaveboy87 said:
people who know about Clayface know about him from BTAS where he was a massive shape shifting blob. the villian is just too out there and CGI intense to work in this real world, very serious version of Batman.

So? Since when are they going for origins/stories in BTAS? The BTAS Clayface does not exist in the comics. Matt Hagen was not an actor (Karlo was); Hagen was a treasure hunter. His whole origin is made up for BTAS. Even if Nolan wants to do the Batman films from a realistic stand point...that would never rule out Clayface because of it needing CGI because the first Clayface was not a shapeshifting clay monster.

Like I said they could do a good mystery-like story with Karlo going around killing actors and crew that are working on the remake of his old horror film. That would also let the non-comic fans see Batman as the true detective he is. I know he did do some detective work in Begins but I know for a fact that a crapload of the non-comic Bat fans do not see him as a detective; you can interview more than half my family and find that out; and I have a huge family.

i met to say non-comic reading people, oh well.
i still maintain that the most famous version of Clayface is the shape shifting blob, and he still wouldn't work in the film version. and going with a non-shape shifting Clayface defeats his characters name and the thing that makes him special.

newwaveboy87 said:
i met to say non-comic reading people, oh well.
i still maintain that the most famous version of Clayface is the shape shifting blob, and he still wouldn't work in the film version. and going with a non-shape shifting Clayface defeats his characters name and the thing that makes him special.

No because the first one did not do that til much later. It does not defeat the character's name; Karlo wore a mask that he used in one of his older horror films which the villain's name was Clayface.

Nolan may be going for a realistic approach but, he is still using the comics as guidance.

Also, I already explained why to do this for the non-comic fans since most would think of Clayface and think BTAS.

but his just being a serial killer seems a thad redundant if he doesn't have something interesting to back it up. The Joker has something, so does Two-Face, Mad Hatter could be made into a pedophile so very easily.
Clayface as a non-shape shifter is just....meh. actually Clayface outside of BTAS is meh.

newwaveboy87 said:
but his just being a serial killer seems a thad redundant if he doesn't have something interesting to back it up. The Joker has something, so does Two-Face, Mad Hatter could be made into a pedophile so very easily.
Clayface as a non-shape shifter is just....meh. actually Clayface outside of BTAS is meh.

Even if Nolan was somehow okay with having Clayface appear and being a shapeshifting monster...I would want them to be close to the comics. If you do not like the idea of Basil being what he is in the comics, fine. But you could combine different things:

What if during Basil's killing spree something happens while attacking one of his victims and ends up falling into some chemicals. To make it even better the victim he chases is the director that chose to remake his old film...that way it is not like Batman created yet another villain like he did Joker in the comics. Then the remainder of the film Clayface is trying to get his last victim, the director, and Batman stops it.

I don't know...I just really with they would do Clayface but with Karlo. I would really like to see part of the film being a mystery and get a TLH/DV vibe to it.

TLH/DV vibe is all fine and would work wonderfully in a movie - but the thing that's most important about that movie is the relationship between Batman/Bruce/Gordon/Dent, and Dent's transformation to the dark side. the murder mystery is secondary.

i just plain don't like Clayface outside the cartoon, and don't want him in the movies.

That's right, forgot his name. Just saw the episode for the first time last week, and couldn't believe the team did a commentary for it. But as luck would have it, the first thing they mentioned was, "you're probably wondering why we chose this episode for a commentary."

By the way, completely off-topic. Is there some sort of group that was created with the INWT thing? Or am I allowed to put that in my sig? I noticed a few people have it.

I don't think so. Someone started it and people are going along. I was thinking of putting it in my signature soon too.

O great Two-Face, do you deem me worthy of using that in my signature? :O

:p

Same, and to further make another comment on his signature...

I loved it when Bale said that in the movie awards. :up: :)

But I think it was actually:

"I'm sorry Superman, but Batman is so much more badass."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"