X-Men What black costumes do you prefer? X1 or X2?

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
X1, very minimal.

X2, more sophisticated and marked by those distinctive "X"s.

X2 was an improvement. These costumes got so much flack but honestly I didn't mind them. The jump from 1 to 2 has me wondering what they would have looked like a couple of films later if not for TLS crapping the bed.

X2 was an improvement. These costumes got so much flack but honestly I didn't mind them. The jump from 1 to 2 has me wondering what they would have looked like a couple of films later if not for TLS crapping the bed.

The TLS suits were a nice and perfect "continuation" of the X2 design.

The costumes would have evolved post X-3 and could have featured more colors. Its a shame after X3, Fox just decided to focus on spin offs when the final team of X3 could have evolved more and gotten new members to accompany them. It would have been interesting to see if the likes of Gambit, Psylocke and Polaris had joined the team post X3 and if their signature costume from the comics would have a gotten a black leather costume. With Emma, I imagined her wearing a white version with a very revealing top.

Last edited:
The TLS suits were a nice and perfect "continuation" of the X2 design.

They were fine. Considering the rush to get that film made, and the changes behind the scenes, I think there was an effort not to change them in order to keep continuity.

I liked Beast's "old" uniform too.

They were fine. Considering the rush to get that film made, and the changes behind the scenes, I think there was an effort not to change them in order to keep continuity.

I liked Beast's "old" uniform too.

Agreed.

If "Logan" is part of Timeline One and not Timeline Three, now we know that the suits eventually evolved into the colorful counterparts some time after TLS. Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"