What Comic Movie was furthest from the original comic?

Obi-Ron said:
Actually I believe that was Godzilla.

I don't think people started calling it GINO until Catwoman came around and standardized the term.

i believe that is correct

Kevin Roegele said:
You've clearly never read Batman comics of the 40's, 50's and early 60's. Joel Schumacher did. And no matter how ridiculous B&R is, the comics were more ridiculous. Baby Batman. Zebra-Batman. In an issue of SUperman from the 50's, Batman goes shopping for a present for Superman's birthday....in a mall, in broad daylight. Batman also didn't just have Robin and Batgirl, he had Batwoman, Batdog, Batmite....

I know very well about those, the ? however is, FURTHEST from the ORIGINAL. I don't think Bob Kane's original Dark Knight was meant to have nipples.

A thread about comic book movies that stray away from their source material, and NOBODY mentioned "Constantine"?

I sewar, that movie was NOTHING like the "Hellblazer" comic books. Keanu Reeves played a John Constantine, but not THE John Constantine.

Unfortunately since I never read Hellblazer th' only major change I knew of was location an' nationality there. Still liked th' movie.

WallCrawl said:
I don't think people started calling it GINO until Catwoman came around and standardized the term.

No way, people were referring to the Sony/Tristar Godzilla as GINO WAAAAAAAY before a Catwoman movie was even being thought of.

I'm a huge Godzilla fan and my dreams of a big-budget Godzilla film were shattered when that Sony/Tristar Godzilla film was released. Fans immediately started calling the mutated iguana GINO, cuz obviously the only thing that lizard had in common with Godzilla was the name.

I Must Be The Only One Who Liked The 1998 Version; I Preferred It Greatly To A Lumbering Guy In A Clunky Rubber Suit Knocking Over Cardboard Buildings.

Ultra-Spidey said:
No way, people were referring to the Sony/Tristar Godzilla as GINO WAAAAAAAY before a Catwoman movie was even being thought of.

I'm a huge Godzilla fan and my dreams of a big-budget Godzilla film were shattered when that Sony/Tristar Godzilla film was released. Fans immediately started calling the mutated iguana GINO, cuz obviously the only thing that lizard had in common with Godzilla was the name.

Oh well. I only heard about CINO first. Regardless, which came first has nothing to do with Catwoman being the comic movie the furthest from its comic counterpart. I think it still takes the cake.

Chris Wallace said:
I Must Be The Only One Who Liked The 1998 Version; I Preferred It Greatly To A Lumbering Guy In A Clunky Rubber Suit Knocking Over Cardboard Buildings.

I thought the movie was pretty good. I thought it was better then Peter Jacksons Kong. The only part that hurt (well, back then anyway when I loved the Knicks) was seeing MSG blown up. But overall the movie was great.

X-Men! X-Men! X-Men!

I can't believe nobody has said this one yet! I was highly disappointed! Pretty much all they got right was the names and the powers!

Not True; The Origins & Motivations, For The Most Part, Remained Intact. The Personalities Remained Intact. It's Nowhere Near As Far Removed As The Others Listed Here.

AeonFlux said:
X-Men! X-Men! X-Men!

I can't believe nobody has said this one yet! I was highly disappointed! Pretty much all they got right was the names and the powers!
You suck. :batman:

Comic Book Boy said:
You suck. :batman:
Because he doesn't agree with you? I liked the X-Men movies too, but people are allowed to have their own opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"