BvS What Comicbooks do you think the movie will take inspiration from aside from TDKR?

The film makers have already said Affleck's Batman is "tired and weary" maybe not old, but he's definitely jaded and angry.

Which is something I want to see. Angry, crazy Batman at first...
Ugh. I really don't want to see a TDKR batman. He is so hateful/arrogant it really ruined the story for me.

Here is an example. Batman basically kills the Joker in the first one (He lets loose.), while in the second clip he was going to save him, even though it would have been much harder.
[YT]W0mHUlxWq7g[/YT]

[YT]sIXmTkJ9gtU[/YT]

Last edited:
Ugh. I really don't want to see a TDKR batman. He is so hateful/arrogant it really ruined the story for me.

Here is an example. Batman basically kills the Joker in the first one (He lets loose.), while in the second clip he was going to save him, even though it would have been much harder.
[YT]W0mHUlxWq7g[/YT]

I haven't seen part 2 of the dark knight returns and my internet is too slow to watch that clip. I thought it was clear that in the comic batman had simply paralyzed the joker when he broke his neck.

Superman/Batman:public enemies is another storyline they can draw from.Specifically with regards to Supes and Bats teaming up to take down Lex.

Dark Knight Returns
Death in the Family
Kingdom Come
Death & Return of Superman :)
Funeral for a Friend :)
Justice League Origin

You're taking it too literally. Too 'on the nose'.

The point is "inspiration".

There's plenty of great details in Returns or Kingdom Come, that they can use without making the characters old like in those graphic novels. They can reverse some of those things and make it work for their own interpretation.
Completely agreed!!!

The SDCC clip reminded me a bit of the Injustice:GAU intro/prologue scene. Visually anyway.

Dark Knight Returns
Death in the Family
Kingdom Come
Death & Return of Superman :)
Funeral for a Friend :)

Justice League Origin

NO DOOMSDAY!:o:cwink:

Not sure how Justice League Origin will work here though?

The Dark Knight Returns: for the Superman/Batman fight and Bruce's characterization
Kingdom Come: may be an influence on this older Batman
Death of Superman: Doomsday is rumored to be the villain, I'd love to see Snyder's take on the Superman/Doomsday battle
Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite: Cavill stated this was one of his favorite Superman stories, also Aquaman is a big part of this story, maybe it's an influence on this take on Aquaman
Lex Luthor: Man of Steel: For Lex's characterization
Trinity: For the Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman dynamic
Justice League Origin: Team dynamics
The Killing Joke: Barbara may be paralyzed
Death in the Family: Jason may be dead
Azzarello's Wonder Woman: This should be the biggest influence on Wonder Woman's characterization
Birthright: for the Lex/Superman dynamic
The Dark Knight Strikes Again maybe?: the story focuses Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Lex. Also Snyder is clearly a big Miller fan, I'd be surprised if Snyder hasn't read TDKSA

i hope there is a strong DCAU influence

Last edited:
how could i forget Public Enemies! I'm thinking that'll definitely be an influence

Definitely Superman: Birthright for inspiration of Lex Luthor. This version of Lex is my favorite version so far.

The idea that this movie will be a Full on TDKR adaptation as always been laughable.That Story at its core is a Batman Story not a Superman/Batman story.Superman shows up at the end to fight him-he has very little actual screen time in the entire story really.

Kingdom come is what I expect will be the main comicbook storyline for the movie.With some birthright thrown in.

Last edited:
I think we will see elements of:
Birthright
The Dark Knight Returns
Kingdom Come
Public Enemies
Lex Luthor: Man of Steel

Last edited:
After Seeing the trailer,I think Superman Redson may be an influence.

That shot with the soldiers kneeling to Superman......maybe Superman becomes ruler of the nation.

That shot with the soldiers kneeling to Superman......maybe Superman becomes ruler of the nation.

Could be, but I think it's more likely that the soldiers are part of some group that believe they're doing Superman's will without his involvement (ala the hockey-pad heroes in TDK).

Err...NO. :funny:

The Dark Knight Returns: for the Superman/Batman fight and Bruce's characterization
Death of Superman: Doomsday is rumored to be the villain, I'd love to see Snyder's take on the Superman/Doomsday battle
Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite: Cavill stated this was one of his favorite Superman stories, also Aquaman is a big part of this story, maybe it's an influence on this take on Aquaman
Azzarello's Wonder Woman: This should be the biggest influence on Wonder Woman's characterization
The Dark Knight Strikes Again maybe?: the story focuses Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Lex. Also Snyder is clearly a big Miller fan, I'd be surprised if Snyder hasn't read TDKSA

Really comprehensive list! Hope most of these make it into the movie.

I think there's one, or two, we should also consider, Injustice and Red Son. Both have a story of Superman being a feared leader, which shows on the trailer.

Can't wait to see how this plays out!

I also think Kingdom Come is an inspiration in the sense that Superman is the central character, and that the other heroes don't come out of hiding until he presents himself.

Perhaps also subtle elements of Tower of Babel, with Batman having outlined countermeasures to disable Superman and potentially other super powered beings that have surfaced.

Hopefully Birthright, particularly when it comes to the characterization of Luthor. I'd prefer that he didn't know Clark in high school, but everything else would be fantastic.

Well MOS was heavily influenced by Earth One so I expect them to continue with that. And the trailer seems to show that because it starts off kind of the same way Volume 2 did with the reporters asking the same questions about Superman.

Was Earth One any good?

Personally, I thought the Earth One books (both Superman and Batman) are fantastic. The Superman: Earth One book vol 1 you can really see its influence in MOS it's how the public sees him and the reaction of the government to him. IMO MOS was really influenced by two book Superman Secret Origins and Superman Earth One.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"