BvS What Comicbooks do you think the movie will take inspiration from aside from TDKR?

I've debated picking it up but I got tired of DC constantly rebooting Superman's origins. Birthright is perfect, IMO.

The comicbooks that I used to read had these and I hope that BvS will feature some of them. :yay:
comicadhostesssupermanspy.jpg

Batman:
comicadhostessbatmanupside.jpg

Wonder Woman:
COMICAD%20hostess%20wonder%20woman%20cooky%20la%20moo.jpg

I remember some religious Superman fanatics in the "Death of" storyline, they wore blue robes with the S shield on them. It was the first thing I thought of when those soldiers showed up in the teaser. The idea of a Superman cult made up of militant - possibly violent - followers is pretty great.

I love Birthright, but I'd be surprised if the influence was evident after Mark Waid publicly bashed MOS (like the boss that he is :awesome:). The most obvious influences I think are gonna be Lex Luthor: Man of Steel and TDKR, in imagery at least. If some Peace on Earth made its way in there, that would be tremendous. It'd be such a damn waste to be telling a story about Superman's impact in the world and skip over some of that imagery or the concept behind it.

NOG06_03.jpg

After Seeing the trailer,I think Superman Redson may be an influence.

That shot with the soldiers kneeling to Superman......maybe Superman becomes ruler of the nation.

I won't claim to know for sure, but I really don't think that will happen. There are many other reasons those soldiers could be kneeling and I doubt superman would be asking them to do that.

I won't claim to know for sure, but I really don't think that will happen. There are many other reasons those soldiers could be kneeling and I doubt superman would be asking them to do that.

Of course.Just theorising .
Have 2 main Theories:

Theory 1:This movie is similar to TDKR except superman and Batmans roles are reversed.Batman is Government superhero and Superman is the Outlaw with a Rebel army.So instead of the Sons of Batman we get in TDKR, we get Sons of Superman in the movie.Thats who kneels to Superman

Theory 2:A crisis happens to the Nation and so in order to save it Superman becomes the Leader of the nation like in Red son.However unlike Red son I dont think Superman will be strict Dictator but a benevolent ruler.
I also think Superman will step down once the crisis is over and the nation thanks greatly for his leadership

Not that hard to believe.He was a ruler in red son.We see soldiers bow to him.
Red Son is an Elseworld story. So no he won't be a ruler of a country in BvS.

You don't get Superman at all if you think that's what he would do. :funny:

Last edited:
A Superman worshiping cult is a lot more plausible here. Especially given the religious tone of it all. Ruler of a nation Superman is very far fetched at the moment. That is a massive leap.

Red Son is an Elseworld story. So no he won't be a ruler of a country in BvS.

You don't get Superman at all if you think that's what he would do. :funny:

Well if it meant saving a country?yes he would.Just like leadinf a rebel army

And just because something is elseworlds doesnt mean the film cant take inspiration from it. Afterall movie is taking inspiration from TDKR

Well if it meant saving a country?yes he would.Just like leadinf a rebel army

And just because something is elseworlds doesnt mean the film cant take inspiration from it. Afterall movie is taking inspiration from TDKR

Yeah he won't be the leader of a frikin country. There's not even one single rumour from any no mark site even indicting it's that. :funny:

Hazz suggestion is much more believable. Where a cult takes it upon themselves to be some kind of authority and groupie for Supes and make decisions on his behalf but to the extreme.

Also inspiration doesn't mean adapting. I don't think you get it.

A Superman worshiping cult is a lot more plausible here. Especially given the religious tone of it all. Ruler of a nation Superman is very far fetched at the moment. That is a massive leap.

Well imagine this.A disaster occurs and the Government of the nation collapses.Superman rallies forces together to help the nation get back on nits feet becoming the Nations Defacto leader in this time of crisis.

A bit of a stretch but could be done

Well imagine this.A disaster occurs and the Government of the nation collapses.Superman rallies forces together to help the nation get back on nits feet becoming the Nations Defacto leader in this time of crisis.

Basically, like inverted version of Batman and SOBs during Gotham's nuclear winter from TDKR, just on "steroids"?

I could actually imagine something like that.

Basically, like inverted version of Batman and SOBs during Gotham's nuclear winter from TDKR, just on "steroids"?

I could actually imagine something like that.

:mnm:
Ha!You get it!Thats exactly what I have in mind!:gngl:

That can be done yes, but he will not seek to become a "Ruler" although some fanatics might see it as the case and that can bring about trouble. A Sons of Batman type of following emerges after he helps the nation out? That would be a fair gues too.

That can be done yes, but he will not seek to become a "Ruler" although some fanatics might see it as the case and that can bring about trouble. A Sons of Batman type of following emerges after he helps the nation out? That would be a fair gues too.
Precisely my piont

He would not seek to become a ruler, for sure, but imagine if he is in situation where everything goes to bad place and he can't contain the catastrophe on his own, as he can't be in multiple places at the same time (which would more justify the need for Justice League in future) so faced with a choice to do nothing or enlist local soldiers to help him contain the situation, it would make sense to do the latter, especially if time is of essence and there is no option of any help from "outside".

In that moment he'd be basically become their general (perhaps there are no officers around at the moment and army is also in disarray), and as they would be trying to minimize the damage and help survivors (since it would last for days or weeks - I can't help but remember a most recent earthquake in Nepal) Superman could gain their respect and they would put the :super: symbol on their uniforms on their own. I also remembered that scene being shot with upper half of the house with painted :super: on it right now.

And it would also explain the governments animosity toward him, it is actually in line with comics where, in order to help people, he would cross the line of nations sovereignty and would face the consequences - "Superman: For Tomorrow" comes to mind.

The more I think about it, the more plausible it seems to me.

I'm pretty sure the nazi like imagery of the Superman armbands on the soldiers is meant to suggest that they're evil and not under Superman's leadership. In any case, I find it unlikely that he will be leading an army in this film.

He would not seek to become a ruler, for sure, but imagine if he is in situation where everything goes to bad place and he can't contain the catastrophe on his own, as he can't be in multiple places at the same time (which would more justify the need for Justice League in future) so faced with a choice to do nothing or enlist local soldiers to help him contain the situation, it would make sense to do the latter, especially if time is of essence and there is no option of any help from "outside".

In that moment he'd be basically become their general (perhaps there are no officers around at the moment and army is also in disarray), and as they would be trying to minimize the damage and help survivors (since it would last for days or weeks - I can't help but remember a most recent earthquake in Nepal) Superman could gain their respect and they would put the :super: symbol on their uniforms on their own. I also remembered that scene being shot with upper half of the house with painted :super: on it right now.

And it would also explain the governments animosity toward him, it is actually in line with comics where, in order to help people, he would cross the line of nations sovereignty and would face the consequences - "Superman: For Tomorrow" comes to mind.

Yes. In this case it's plausible but the scene of them bowing to him just hints at something uneasy, for me at least. But I wonder where Batman fits in all of this? :funny:

:up::up:

Yes. In this case it's plausible but the scene of them bowing to him just hints at something uneasy, for me at least. But I wonder where Batman fits in all of this? :funny:

I imagine Superman could make a decision during his "rule" that pisses off Batman.Like pardoning certain criminals who Bats feels should be punished.Bats decides Supes "rule" should come to an end

It seemed in trailer that he was uneasy with that too, at least to me. People bowing to him is definitely not something he wants.

I believe this is some foreign country (middle East, perhaps? "Superman: For Tomorrow" comes to mind once again), so I don't expect Batman to fit directly with this particular scenario, but it might be the reason for the governments of the world to feel threatened by him.

Also, keep in mind that this Superman is still rather early in his career, he might be a bit naive in his pursuit to help people, thinking that government will appreciate that he helps the citizens. It wouldn't cross his mind that they would feel threatened by his power and casual disregard for state's sovereignty and humiliated that he is doing a better job than them. Politics and all its perplexity might be somethings he didn't think about at all. His only goal is to help people, but he will learn that he won't be given a free pass, not even for such a noble goal. And I'd like to see some repercussions and reactions like this, as it is the way it would go in our world if Superman were real.

I imagine Superman could make a decision during his "rule" that pisses off Batman.Like pardoning certain criminals who Bats feels should be punished.Bats decides Supes "rule" should come to an end

It might add to reasons Batman has to go after him. Being as cynical as he usually is, he would see him just as another gang leader, a terrorist.

Last edited:
It seemed in trailer that he was uneasy with that too, at least to me. People bowing to him is definitely not something he wants.

I believe this is some foreign country (middle East, perhaps? "Superman: For Tomorrow" comes to mind once again), so I don't expect Batman to fit directly with this particular scenario, but it might be the reason for the governments of the world to feel threatened by him.

Also, keep in mind that this Superman is still rather early in his career, he might be a bit naive in his pursuit to help people, thinking that government will appreciate that he helps the citizens. It wouldn't cross his mind that they would feel threatened by his power and casual disregard for state's sovereignty and humiliated that he is doing a better job than them. Politics and all its perplexity might be somethings he didn't think about at all. His only goal is to help people, but he will learn that he won't be given a free pass, not even for such a noble goal. And I'd like to see some repercussions and reactions like this, as it is the way it would go in our world if Superman were real.

It might add to reasons Batman has to go after him. Being as cynical as he usually is, he would see him just as another gang leader, a terrorist.

That is interesting. The issues and ideas this movie can explore is exciting and such a nice departure from the recent films we get where the heroes can do whatever they like without too many consequences from governments or other people alike. Hopefully BvS is more than just some popcorn flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"