BvS What Comicbooks do you think the movie will take inspiration from aside from TDKR?

That is interesting. The issues and ideas this movie can explore is exciting and such a nice departure from the recent films we get where the heroes can do whatever they like without too many consequences from governments or other people alike. Hopefully BvS is more than just some popcorn flick.

I agree. Don't want to bring the whole DC/Marvel debate, but I never liked how it was handled with "Avengers".

And if they want to keep it grounded, like MOS (hence the start of this universe) was - meaning, putting these fictional, almost mythical characters in the world that feels real and like the one we live in, I think they definitely should go in that direction or at least touch the subject in one way or another.

Bah! Dan Jurgens loves MOS and let's everyone know it.:sly:

https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/status/350705721236660224

That is so absurd. Apologize?. :funny:

I agree. Don't want to bring the whole DC/Marvel debate, but I never liked how it was handled with "Avengers".

And if they want to keep it grounded, like MOS (hence the start of this universe) was - meaning, putting these fictional, almost mythical characters in the world that feels real and like the one we live in, I think they definitely should go in that direction or at least touch the subject in one way or another.

Neither did I but I guess most don't care about that, the GA and that. But if this is the way the DCCU may want to separate itself from the MCU, that is an interesting aspect of Superheroes I want to be explored; striving to do good in the world and coming to the realization that not everyone accepts or trusts the good you might be doing. I know the X-Men films have explored this a bit too no?

Last edited:
That is so absurd. Apologize?. :funny:

It really is f***ing stupid. Some people who hated MOS are desperate to paint fans of the movie as batsh** crazy, but there are plenty of nutcases on the other side as well.

Neither did I but I guess most don't care about that, the GA and that. But if this is the way the DCCU may want to separate itself from the MCU, that is an interesting aspect of Superheroes I want to be explored; striging to do good in the world and coming to the realization that not everyone accepts or trusts the good you might be doing. I know the X-Men film have explored this a bit too no?

Yup, they did. The social commentary that were behind X-Men comics since their inception and them not being your typical superheroes, but outcasts that are "feared and hated" is actually what made me read those comics in the first place. To this day, it is the only Marvel superhero comic I ever read. Well, if I don't count few issues of Deadpool, though, given that I got familiar with the character through X-Men comics, I always thought of him as part of X-Men universe.

Cont.

And indeed, I really want them to explore this aspect too. Which reminds me of something I've been talking about with Rodrigo recently - "Justice League" should definitely work entirely outside of any government (which is another thing I dislike about "Avengers"). Not just because governments won't entirely accept them, they might in the course of the films, but because they should make a statement by this - that they are protectors of world on its whole and that they are here to help people without any political connotations behind it. They might have few allies, such as Gen. Swanwick, but not full governmental support.

Also, it is more interesting to me to see the team rely on themselves in all aspects from gathering information to fighting battles than have an entire team of people that does the information gathering and provides all sort of services and they're just going out to fight. Which, as I said, is something I disliked with particular film that will not be named. Well, not for the third time, at least. :woot:

Yup, they did. The social commentary that were behind X-Men comics since their inception and them not being your typical superheroes, but outcasts that are "feared and hated" is actually what made me read those comics in the first place. To this day, it is the only Marvel superhero comic I ever read. Well, if I don't count few issues of Deadpool, though, given that I got familiar with the character through X-Men comics, I always thought of him as part of X-Men universe.

:up: I am not an avid reader of the comics themselves but I find myself to be more emotionally invested in the X-Men than I am in the MCU characters because of the struggles they face. Not to say the Avengers don't face some struggles but I can't relate to the load of them. Captain America is the one I can say I am a bit emotionally invested in though. He's the last hero I thought I'd like :funny: but I understand where he's coming from most times no matter how boring most think he is. One of the things I enjoyed about the Winter Soldier was how he called Shield out as well despite being a part of it.

Yeah, that was pretty cool. I like most of the MCU characters but as it's gone on, I find myself less and less interested in Thor. He just came off like an idiot to me in Avengers: AOU (I still really liked the movie though), and Thor: The Dark Turd was terrible.

:up: I am not an avid reader of the comics themselves but I find myself to be more emotionally invested in the X-Men than I am in the MCU characters because of the struggles they face. Not to say the Avengers don't face some struggles but I can't relate to the load of them. Captain America is the one I can say I am a bit emotionally invested in though. He's the last hero I thought I'd like :funny: but I understand where he's coming from most times no matter how boring most think he is. One of the things I enjoyed about the Winter Soldier was how he called Shield out as well despite being a part of it.

I agree about the X-Men. And yeah, I liked that in "Winter Soldier". I believe it is the best MCU film, alongside "Iron Man 1", even though I haven't watched all of them. Actually, I never watched first "Captain America" film in its entirety, just partially, when I came across it on TV once. So it took me a while to figure out what were all those "Hail Hydra" memes. :woot:

:funny: Oh man, I love the "Hail Hydra" memes.

They used to annoy me, as I didn't know what the hell they are and every now and then they'd pop up and I'd be like "the **** with this thing again"? :woot:

So you bumped a thread that no one has spoken in since May 2015 just for that crappy emoticon? Is there something wrong with you?

He's been bumping old threads for two days straight now, at this point it's a guessing game. :o

So you bumped a thread that no one has spoken in since May 2015 just for that crappy emoticon? Is there something wrong with you?
I did a search about comics influence. So instead of making a new thread, I posted in this one. Thought it might be interesting. Anyways I'm never going to answer to you again about the purpose of having old threads existing. If it were up to you, there would only be 1 page on the forum and ever old thread would be deleted. Instead of just coming into whine, you can see if interested in topic and post. Otherwise no need to post in here.

You posted nothing of note fool. Which is your usual MO.

I did a search about comics influence. So instead of making a new thread, I posted in this one. Thought it might be interesting. Anyways I'm never going to answer to you again about the purpose of having old threads existing. If it were up to you, there would only be 1 page on the forum and ever old thread would be deleted. Instead of just coming into whine, you can see if interested in topic and post. Otherwise no need to post in here.

hey don't make a new thread if you want to see a topic discussed :argh: wait, you bumped an old thread?! don't bump an old thread, just make a new one. lol forum policing gets contradictory ;)

Hopefully Birthright, particularly when it comes to the characterization of Luthor. I'd prefer that he didn't know Clark in high school, but everything else would be fantastic.
Knowing Lex from highschool days, too much SV flashback and we don't want to go down that path :hehe:

hey don't make a new thread if you want to see a topic discussed :argh: wait, you bumped an old thread?! don't bump an old thread, just make a new one. lol forum policing gets contradictory ;)
Fallen be like the BvS forum neighborhood watch. If he sees something he don't like, even if it don't break forum rules he might freak out. Fallen got his own neighborhood rules. Be warned, you can't make a new thread unless searching old threads first. Although you can't bump an old thread for discussion instead of making a new one, unless you posted something significant in it. There are some intricacies to Fallen's BvS forum ;)
GaGzl01.gif

Love you too darlin'.
Hey I can see your pov too, got to police the newbs a bit on what is standard protocol. I think a lot of newer posters sift through old threads and bump them thinking they create discussion from it. For the older posters it's like....... stop bumping! :argh: :D

Hey I can see your pov too, got to police the newbs a bit on what is standard protocol. I think a lot of newer posters sift through old threads and bump them thinking they create discussion from it. For the older posters it's like....... stop bumping! :argh: :D
:rolleyes: Is there a forum rule that you can't bump old threads after using search, instead of making a new topic? Personally I thought it would be better to bump, than starting a new one up :shrug: Also there is no need to police anyone. Well unless a moderator and some rules are broken or something.

:rolleyes: Is there a forum rule that you can't bump old threads after using search, instead of making a new topic? Personally I thought it would be better to bump, than starting a new one up :shrug: Also there is no need to police anyone. Well unless a moderator and some rules are broken or something.
I'll put it like this. An actual newb, does tend to bring up old threads after looking through the forum. This bumps OUT current threads to the next page, which can be annoying to veteran posters. jokesonm3 for example has had previous experience with shh, so tends to not make the same mistakes. There is a certain flow to the forum that are kind of unspoken rules in a way that people have to learn from having been here a while. Try not to go too bump crazy is all I'm saying ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"