What consoles are you getting? (Post-E3 06)

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Spidey-Bat, May 11, 2006.

?

Which Next-Gen Consoles Will You Get?

1. Only Playstion 3

2. Only Xbox 360

3. Only Nintendo Wii

4. Both PS3 and Wii

5. Both Wii and 360

6. Both 360 and PS3

7. All of them

8. Still undecided

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

We've gotten a ton of information on the PS3 and Wii, so which will you be getting now?

2. chi-boy Registered

The Wii looks like fun and is cheap, so I'll probably get that right after release. I'll wait a while for a 360 or PS3, to see which one is better. Probably a PS3 though for FF and MGS...

3. lars573 Registered

Provided Nintendo delivers on that GC controller port (I refuse to use that stupid ass DVD Wiimote) and playing GC games out of box I'll have a Wii.

4. chi-boy Registered

Then why get a Wii if you're just gonna play GC games and not use the remote??? :confused:

5. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Exactly. The point of the Wii is to get an entirely new gameplay experience. If you're going to get a Wii but deny yourself of it, there's no point. Plus the remote is not THAT bad.

6. Strgts Registered

I posted this in another Thread I will post this here.

I think I am going to skip the PS3 for the time being. Don't get me wrong I love all 3 Companies making these Systems & Games. But nothing about the PS3 is WOW to me & I do not plan on upgrading from DVD any time soon so I do not need or give a damn about HD or Blu-Ray at this time & I will not for a while & since Sony will still be supporting the PS2 for a long while even after the PS3 hits I see no reason to upgrade. I love my PS2, I love the Cube (but Wii is a very big step up) & I will love Wii. I am not a Fan Boy of either Company like I said I love all 3 Companies. But I am just not as excited about the PS3 especially with the half a Thousand Dollar Price. Nintendo Wii here I come. Nintendo is going to have what over 20 Games at Launch ? & there are going to be some amazing looking 360 Games also coming out. Why save up to almost a Thousand Dollars for a System & One or Two Games when I can save up to 600 bucks for a System & more then 3 Games for Two Systems ? Sony is going to bomb with the PS3 & it seems there was never 100 % confirmation that Wii is going to have up to 20 Launch Titles but still there should be some damn good Launch Titles & there is The Virtual Console

7. The Lumberjack Registered

I've already got a 360 and have planned on getting a Wii for a while, but the PS3 showing has gotten me even less enthused for it's launch. Actually, I'm somewhat excited about the launch, but only so I can sell a PS3 on EvilBay. I'm actually a bit disgusted with the PS3 at this point. I'm not a Metal Gear fan at all, so the only positive games I see that aren't multi-platform are that dragon rider game (can't remember the name) and the new Killzone, but those are only if those trailer are more than just bullshot.

8. Capt Throbberson Registered

Undecided, but leaning towards PS3 and Wii. Wii's cheap and has some pretty good games announced, almost no reason not to get it. PS3 has a good line up, but no decent launch titles announced, I'll probably hold off maybe for a price drop for that. The 360 has no games that really intrest me that aren't already on/coming to the PC.

9. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Even if you are a MGS fan, there's Super Smash Bros. Brawl to get on Wii.

10. GothicPowerMix1 Registered

& The Virtual Console

11. DarthRekal Dodger Blue

:eek: :up: halo 3...smash bros...and zelda for me!

12. ToddIsDead Registered

I already have a 360, and am almost definitely getting a Wii. I probably won't get a PS3 until the price drops and some interesting exclusive games come out. For now though, I really have no plans on getting a PS3.

13. chi-boy Registered

man, 306 is kicking ass

14. Strgts Registered

& Wii

15. DarthRekal Dodger Blue

yay for the

THREE
    OH
    SIX!:up:

16. XwolverineX Registered

All 3, eventually.

17. SouLeSS Registered

I have a X360, I'll be getting the other two when they come out. I'm just that rich.

18. Boom I got nothin'

Wii, primarily for Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
    XBox 360, primarily for Halo 3.
    Playstation 3, primarily for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

In other words, all of them (at some point).

19. T Swagger of a Champion

Wii and 360

20. GoldenAgeHero Registered

^^^ which is pretty sad,it took almost nintendo a week to own sony. while ittook sony a ps1 and a ps2 to own nintendo.

21. kainedamo Registered

I think what will help Wii greatly is that people will either want a PS3 and a Wii or a 360 and a Wii.

22. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Of course people wanting a cheap, affordable, and unique console will help the Wii:rolleyes:

23. Jager X Registered

i have a 360 and i really want a wii but i can't afford it right now but i still chose both 360 and wii.

24. Wolfwood Shasta McNasty

I love all three systems, so I probably will eventually have all three, but the PS3 will be the last one I get just because of the price and really the only game I'm looking forward to on it right now is Metal Gear. I could probably even just wait for the 360 to get a port of Metal Gear.

25. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2006
    The Wii and the PS3. The Wii I'll get the most out of my money and the PS3 comes from a long line of excellent game systems.