What DC movie would you like them to do with Joker-like style?

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Hollis Mason, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Hollis Mason

Hollis Mason Registered

A movie from DC (Elseworld or DC Dark or DCEU) with the same style of Joker. Personally, i would like to see a Watchmen movie with that style. Or a Question movie. Or maybe Constantine or JL Dark.

2. hellblazer103

hellblazer103 Nasty Piece of Work

ABSOLUTELY a Constantine movie (or rather, Hellblazer, since I'm a purist AHole). It's basically a supernatural film noir.

DoomRulz, Astro13Zombie and frankgutz like this.
  3. JimThompson

JimThompson Registered

The Question.

Willi Berg, WhoMani and Astro13Zombie like this.
  4. CadeSkywalker28

CadeSkywalker28 Registered

Constantine with Keanu Reeves.

frankgutz likes this.
  5. hellblazer103

I'm conflicted with that tbh because as cool as a Constantine 2 would be, I feel like Matt Ryan deserves something with the character that's 100% Hellblazer and not 50% Hellblazer and 50% New 52 type crap like the majority of stuff he's been in as the character. I honestly feel like the show was cancelled because the quality of the early episodes is WAY below the quality of the later episodes of the season (when they just so happened to take more influence from Hellblazer and go darker).If they remained at a consistent level of quality the whole season, it's chances of survival probably would've been more likely.

And if not Matt Ryan, at least SOMEONE in a more straightforward adaptation of Vertigo's Hellblazer would be dope, and Keanu just ain't that. He's great as an Elseworlds version of John, but I want the real ****, the blonde haired, trenchcoat wearing Liverpudlian wiseass con artist/ "Blue-Collar Warlock" usually trolling the streets of London

6. frankgutz

frankgutz ᴅɪᴄᴋ ɢʀᴀʏsᴏɴ's sʜᴀᴠᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀᴅ

Ugh, yes please, been waiting since 2005 for that, make it darker, that would be cool af

Actually yes, the last episodes were great af, i always had this theory they cancelled the show because it was soooo similar to early Supernatural, for some reason the show gave me Supernatural vibes ngl, and honestly i cant pick one because i love Constantine so much and i grew up watching Supernatural but yeah, both were really similar so i think CW didnt want to have 2 lowkey same shows at the same time? Idk

One thing for sure is i enjoyed the that season a lot

On Topic: Besides Constantine whom already have a film and 1 season show, i think i would like to see Reverse Flash, Oliver Queen or Zatanna i think they can have a good dark/elseword film for some reason

7. hellblazer103

Yeah, that's sort of the problem I've always had with Supernatural, since they actually ripped off Constantine first (Castiel was not only inspired by him but basically created BECAUSE they couldn't use Constantine, among other things) yet ended up being the vastly more popular property.

That, and it just seems pretty cringey

frankgutz likes this.
  8. frankgutz

frankgutz ᴅɪᴄᴋ ɢʀᴀʏsᴏɴ's sʜᴀᴠᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀᴅ

ugh, i agree, we could had an awesome Constantine show

9. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Registered

Yes please:atp:

10. TMP98

TMP98 Registered

The Question by Lynne Ramsey

Willi Berg likes this.
  11. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

The Demon's Head.

Boy Scout and hellblazer103 like this.
  12. TheGuy

TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

Vengeance of Bane. Could make for a good political film.

13. tbp82

tbp82 Registered

Batman Year One.

14. m1ll3r

m1ll3r Failed experiment

Ra’s Al Ghul.

A character study of someone who believes humanity is a virus that needs constantly culling to maintain environmental equilibrium is something very relevant to today’s world. Would force a lot of uncomfortable questions.

15. Calvin Ellis

Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

16. Rocanrol

Rocanrol Psiconautiq

A Lex Luthor political drama. A Musk-like inventor and a Jobs-like entrepeneur, an out of time renaissance man, and Ceo of the world biggest multibranched company entering the cut-throat world of politics; telling a cautionary tale about prívate corporate interests steering and manuevering the polítical life of a country and how powerrful positions attracts dangerous people. A bit of House of Cards, with some dash of sci-fi and cb worldbuilding. Starring Oscar Isaac! (?)

WhoMani and thebatfan5194 like this.
  17. theMagic

theMagic Registered

Just a general comment, but i think Warner Bros/DC's best course of action is to make movies that are solo films, and not connected to a universe.

Having said that, a Two-Face movie would be fabulous. Schizophrenia is no joke, and a character study on that would be really good.

18. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Poison Ivy (The Environmental Emancipation of Earth's Mother Nature)

frankgutz likes this.
  19. WhoMani

WhoMani Registered

Lex Luthor or Two Face.

20. jolldan

jolldan Registered

Red Hood.

I think there could be something to a character study of someone who starts out as a pure idealistic hero only wanting to do good and catch criminals the right way but after what happens with the Joker starts to see his own morality and the stricter rules heroes abide by as a crutch. Could pose that old question of how bad can you become to stop the bad guy without becoming the bad guy.

Hollis Mason likes this.
  21. JimThompson

JimThompson Registered

Hugo Strange.

22. FeedOnATreeFrog

FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

The Super Man
    A Lex Luthor film, inspired by American Psycho and Birdman, played more like a darkly comedic fantastical realism film, instead of sci-fi. Make it about how our society drives/pressures men to be a successful “alpha male” above all else. I can just imagine that Bateman-style inner monologue when Luthor first sees Superman’s non-receding hairline and perfect calves. Cast Jake G or Ryan Gosling, someone who can be absurdly funny in their vanity.

[​IMG]

Red Hood
    Could be all about the absurdity and hypocrisy of the law and gun violence, taking inspiration from The Departed. Maybe in this version Jason has to go undercover and join a gang of hooded criminals to suss out the leader, and he’s exposed to new perspectives regarding justice and economic inequality. The red hood is actually a white mask that’s stained completely in blood during a heinously violent crime (perhaps when Jason goes all John Wick on the white-hooded criminal gang).

Hellblazer
    Not a reinterpretation. Just done right.

#22 FeedOnATreeFrog, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    DoomRulz and Willi Berg like this.
  23. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

Would love to see a take on Superman that would be considered too risque for a general shared universe movie.

Something in Wonder Woman's world. A rogue Amazon type movie. Or something that can't or won't fit into current continuity like Wonder Girl.

24. kguillou

kguillou Registered

Heart of Ice

A tragic love story about a man who will stop at no lengths to save the woman he loves and loses his soul in the process. Set it in present day Gotham with Batman in the backdrop but Victor Fries is the main protagonist who is trying to save his love from Cancer through experimental breakthrough cryogenic technology.

DoomRulz and frankgutz like this.
  25. Hello2016

Hello2016 Registered

I'm not as familiar with DC comics but remember reading through Swamp Thing and Deadman appearing.

I remember the character seeming sort of ridiculous at first but also pretty interesting. I just looked up some more information on the character and I think Deadman has potential to be explored. Tragedy, the supernatural, hope, despair, and a bit of a whimsical fantastical journey bordering on the known and unknown I think would be a different kind of comic book movie.

This type of character I think can be depicted in a variety of ways.

#25 Hello2016, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Willi Berg likes this.