What DCEU film would you love the Russos to direct?

I'm sure that Snyder has said a number of things about why he wanted to tackle Superman. He strikes me as someone who was always more of a casual fan of the IP and who appreciated Superman's iconic nature but not the actual character.
If I had a nickel for any adapted to silver screen comic character. Find more luck on tv.

If Snyder is a fan then doesn't that kind of make the whole argument about directors needing to be fans kind of irrelevant since the reception to the early DCEU films is what got us to the point where much of the franchise is being overhauled in the first place?

Sir, I beg to differ. They took Captain America, the MCU's straightest and stiffest character and made two truly great, engaging and exciting films with him in the lead. After seeing what they did for Cap in Civil War and Winter Soldier I would love to see what they could do with Superman. I bet they could revitalize him and make him more relevant - something the comics and animation have succeeded at but recent live action films have failed to do. Ironically Justice League ( which was very mediocre) had the best Superman portrayal in a long time. I have no doubt the Russos could take Supes to a new level.

Totally agree!

Y’know... I wonder how much of the character’s success is really owed to Chris Evans’ performance but I’ve always been a fan of his work in these movies. It’s a deceptively difficult part to play, much like Superman, and Evans walked the line between earnestness and good humor like no other potential casting choice ever could have. Just look back on the “there’s only one god” line in the Avengers.

Obviously a solid foundation script-wise helps but, well, see also Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. :shrug:

Reactions: MbJ
Y’know... I wonder how much of the character’s success is really owed to Chris Evans’ performance but I’ve always been a fan of his work in these movies. It’s a deceptively difficult part to play, much like Superman, and Evans walked the line between earnestness and good humor like no other potential casting choice ever could have. Just look back on the “there’s only one god” line in the Avengers.

Obviously a solid foundation script-wise helps but, well, see also Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. :shrug:
Yes. Chris Evans, Christopher Reeve, and Gal Gadot all have that quality you’re talking about. We got 3 movies with Cavill. He just didn’t have “it”.

Green Arrow, Nightwing, Deathstroke and Lex Luthor are some characters I would like to see them tackle.

Yes. Chris Evans, Christopher Reeve, and Gal Gadot all have that quality you’re talking about. We got 3 movies with Cavill. He just didn’t have “it”.

He did. He just worked with the wrong director on them.

Joss Whedon worked with A-list stars on Avengers and he worked with Cavill on the JL reshoots -- he liked him in the role.

Imagine Cavill doing Superman with someone like Patty Jenkins... people would love his Superman a LOT more.

He did. He just worked with the wrong director on them.

Joss Whedon worked with A-list stars on Avengers and he worked with Cavill on the JL reshoots -- he liked him in the role.

Imagine Cavill doing Superman with someone like Patty Jenkins... people would love his Superman a LOT more.
Can’t believe people actually think that. The role that was written for Cavill allowed for him to display that “it” factor we discussed, he just literally didn’t have it in him.

3 movies. We can’t just blame the director here. He gave his all, and it wasn’t good enough.

Can’t believe people actually think that. The role that was written for Cavill allowed for him to display that “it” factor we discussed, he just literally didn’t have it in him.

3 movies. We can’t just blame the director here. He gave his all, and it wasn’t good enough.

Your opinion, not mine.

Cavill has presence and he had moments where his charisma shone. But Zack Snyder had him bury that.

I could not disagree with this more. I thought Cavill did an admirable job with the role.

I'm actually thinking they'd be able to pull off a Lantern Corps trilogy; knowing how they've handled Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame they've got everything in the bag; they've got the politics of their films universe, the fight between friends (or former friends if they went the Hal vs Sinestro route), they've done the grounded work, and they've covered the cosmic.

James Gunn would've been my pick, but he's tied to Suicide Squad now.

I'm actually thinking they'd be able to pull off a Lantern Corps trilogy; knowing how they've handled Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame they've got everything in the bag; they've got the politics of their films universe, the fight between friends (or former friends if they went the Hal vs Sinestro route), they've done the grounded work, and they've covered the cosmic.

James Gunn would've been my pick, but he's tied to Suicide Squad now.
Honestly, I would not mind seeing Michael Mann take a shot at the Green Lantern Corps. They are basically cops, after all.

Honestly, I would not mind seeing Michael Mann take a shot at the Green Lantern Corps. They are basically cops, after all.

*Green Lantern Corps members take down Sinestro*

*Hal Jordan sits down somewhere away from the fight and watches his comrades handle the situation. Sound goes out, save for the score. Hal lights a cigarette with his ring*

*Green Lantern Corps members take down Sinestro*

*Hal Jordan sits down somewhere away from the fight and watches his comrades handle the situation. Sound goes out, save for the score. Hal lights a cigarette with his ring*
You are leaving out a wonderful diner scene between Hal and Sinestro.

Maybe it's because of the recent tweets, but I'd rather have Chris McQuarrie do a DC movie than the Russos tbh

Russos are more equipped for this genre. I like McQuarrie's work, but his process is so last-minute and in flux, it's rolling on the dice of disastrous for vfx-heavy projects.

I'm actually relieved WB weren't so quick to jump the gun on it. They really need the time to let the Supes cold streak lose its momentum.

Russos are more equipped for this genre. I like McQuarrie's work, but his process is so last-minute and in flux, it's rolling on the dice of disastrous for vfx-heavy projects.

I'm actually relieved WB weren't so quick to jump the gun on it. They really need the time to let the Supes cold streak lose its momentum.
I don't think Russos have made anything as good as Fallout, but maybe I'm in the minority on that. That thing's just a masterpiece of film-making and pacing, and those sensibilities would work like gang-busters on a comic book property.

They should take control of batman and all the batfamily.

I don't think Russos have made anything as good as Fallout, but maybe I'm in the minority on that. That thing's just a masterpiece of film-making and pacing, and those sensibilities would work like gang-busters on a comic book property.
The more I think about it, their outputs really are nothing special. The two Captain America and Infinity War are just average despite trying to be something more. A lot of the blame goes to Markus and McFeely. Endgame is their best work by far. I'm inclined now to believe that they shouldn't come near DC's characters.

The more I think about it, their outputs really are nothing special. The two Captain America and Infinity War are just average despite trying to be something more. A lot of the blame goes to Markus and McFeely. Endgame is their best work by far. I'm inclined now to believe that they shouldn't come near DC's characters.
I think the Russos are great, and I really do love Winter Soldier, but even at their best I don't think they've achieved what McQuarrie did with Fallout. That thing's arguably one of the best action films of all time. I'd even put Rogue Nation above 3/4 of their MCU films.

I would love to see the Russos do a Flash movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"