BvS What did Snyder improve about Batman and the Batworld from previous films?

Apex level Batman is the Batman. :wow:

An apex predator, also known as an alpha predator, super predator, top predator or top-level predator, is a predator residing at the top of a food chain upon which no other creatures prey. Apex predators are usually defined in terms of trophic dynamics, meaning that apex-predator species occupy the highest trophic level or levels and play a crucial role in maintaining the health of their ecosystems.

Yeah that about sounds like Batman to me. :lmao:

I love it.

abvmxbfj3nr237gn5cb41.gif
I love how he maintains eco-system in his scenes in the film for sure.

Gawd, this scene. So many awesome little details in it.

Batman really isn't the World's Greatest Detective in this film. He's a dumb bully who doesn't do his homework at all on Superman and is manipulated more by the plot than by any sense of character guiding it. Bruce retiring at the end of TDKR is more useful and smart than this Bruce was.

I also couldn't tell you the difference between Gotham and Metropolis apart from Batman's intro. Because for one thing... there were no goddamn establishing shots!!!

I also didn't care for how you could see Gotham from Metropolis like it was just right across the bay.

I love how he maintains eco-system in his scenes in the film for sure.

Gawd, this scene. So many awesome little details in it.

His use of the environment is fantastic. That's a key element from the comics that we've never really seen done justice on film.

I like Batgod. So I would say, in essence that's what he improved.

I like the Batman who can defeat anyone (within reason) so long as he has time to research and understands what he's up against. I like the Batman that jumps off of one baddie's face while throwing batarangs at another 4 enemies and grappling to safety.

We saw a couple glimpses of that Batman in this movie. Nolan and Burton never came close.

I love the part of the fight when the thugs use his cape against him and pull him over, then they try to tag team him while he's on his back but still manages to kick their asses! Also, being shot in the head from point blank range ...:eek:

I'd say he picked a good actor to play him, but Bale's a good actor, too, so I honestly don't know what I think he improved.

I enjoyed the fight scene towards the end, but I honestly think Batman's take down of the SWAT team in 'Dark Knight' was the most Batman fighting moment of all the films. It was about Batman's brain, not just out-kicking and punching.

Also, Affleck's Batsuit was only my third favorite of the films, so that's not an improvement.

I really wasn't impressed by the Batmobile in this film, either.

I guess the Batcave? Maybe? It was a cool Batcave.

Oh absolutely the suit. They made the perfect live-action Batsuit.

With regards to Batman's costume:
BvS > Batman Begins > Burton > TDK/TDKR > Schumacher

I love the part of the fight when the thugs use his cape against him and pull him over, then they try to tag team him while he's on his back but still manages to kick their asses! Also, being shot in the head from point blank range ...:eek:
I looove how Snyder worked it. First some guy tries to stab him in the neck. Doesn't work. Then another guy shoots him from point blank range. DOESN'T WORK. Batman gets up and does a cool Steven Seagal aikido move on the gun, throws the thug on the floor and breaks his freaking hand, like somebody said here, like a chicken wing. :hmr:

The whole thing was jaw-dropping. Best Batman.

Oh absolutely the suit. They made the perfect live-action Batsuit.

With regards to Batman's costume:
BvS >>>>>>>> Batman Begins > Burton > TDK/TDKR > Schumacher
Fixed a little bit. :drl:

I enjoyed the fight scene towards the end, but I honestly think Batman's take down of the SWAT team in 'Dark Knight' was the most Batman fighting moment of all the films. It was about Batman's brain, not just out-kicking and punching.

Yes. I've always felt that way :up:

The way he took down Joker's men, two SWAT teams, saved the hostages, and did it all without having to kill anyone. Pure Batman.

Nothing. I seriously can't think of a single thing I liked better in this film than the Nolan trilogy. The costume, I suppose, but that is so minor it is hardly worth mentioning.

I looove how Snyder worked it. First some guy tries to stab him in the neck. Doesn't work. Then another guy shoots him from point blank range. DOESN'T WORK. Batman gets up and does a cool Steven Seagal aikido move on the gun, throws the thug on the floor and breaks his freaking hand, like somebody said here, like a chicken wing. :hmr:

The whole thing was jaw-dropping. Best Batman.

And returns the knife to the guy, shoving it in his shoulder. :hehe:

If you're going to stab this Batman you're going to get a taste of your own medicine.

I love the fact that he is actually this gothic, nocturnal, horroresque creature in BvS. I always wanted them to depict him like that in live action. His intro with the cops is like out of a horror film.

And returns the knife to the guy, shoving it in his shoulder. :hehe:

If you're going to stab this Batman you're going to get a taste of your own medicine.

I love the fact that he is actually this gothic, nocturnal, horroresque creature in BvS. I always wanted them to depict him like that in live action. His intro with the cops is like out of a horror film.

I agree. Batman's introduction in this movie was amazing.

More accurate suit.
Fighting style.
More involved Alfred.
Proper Robin history.

Batmobile and gadgets are good but nothing really new, all films have been fine with them honestly. We've seen the character for one film so we can't fully judge, but I like what I see.

The biggest thing to come, especially after reading the Timeout book, is that the villains already seem to be set in place. I gladly welcome the freaks, as Nolan's series failed to deliver them for me.

Ben Affleck was good in my opinion.
The new suit was good looking.

Other than that, honestly not all that much. Burton and Nolan between them pretty much covered everything to a high standard.

One of the only things I felt added to the character was the short scene with Bruce talking about his family history with Alfred. "I'm older now than my father ever was." Very No Country for Old Men. That's an aspect that's rarely been brought up before; the only other time I can recall is the talk about Bruce's ancestors using the cave system for the underground railroad in Begins. Maybe I'm one of the few but I really love hearing about the Waynes of years past. It adds a lot of underpinning context to who Bruce is as a man.

The suit was great for the most part, though in terms of composition it isn't a revolution. It's still fundamentally a rubber suit like we've seen since 1989. The only real difference is the grey fabric over the bodysuit and the flexibility of the cowl. But I'm not knocking it.

The warehouse fight was also great. If you took out the murder and toned down the brutality a couple notches it would be the definitive live action Batman fight in the sense of really bringing to life how he fights in the comics and Arkham games. It's the best action scene in the film, bar none.

I enjoyed how deeply Batman had taken over in this Wayne. We haven't seen it at this level since Keaton but this took it a step further I'd say.

Even when he's acting as "naive Mr. Wayne" at Luthor's event he immediately turns to talk to Alfred through his earpiece and his face and candor are 100% Batman. Batman is holding Bruce Wayne captive throughout the whole film until the end where we are to assume that he has found more balance for the two persona's that make him who he really is.
Indeed. After Superman's arrival onto the crimefighting scene, the tie-in comics state Batman's methods became a lot more brutal. And that's what the film shows. It gives space for a character arc, much like how the Batmobile guns are off in Suicide Squad.

Loved that bit, and for some reason the "Oof!" sound Batfleck makes when he feels the impact.

The way he took down Joker's men, two SWAT teams, saved the hostages, and did it all without having to kill anyone. Pure Batman.

Still my favourite. The way the music plays into it is perfect, too.

Yeah, this is what 'apex' Batman is all about.

He is in such a no-win situation. I mean, he literally has to stop the police from killing the hostages while also keeping the bad guys from killing the police while also not getting himself killed... and he does it.

And that moment when the SWAT team thinks, ok, we've got this guy now and Batman literally just stands there because he knows that he's already beat them 5 moves ago like a chessmaster taking on a novice.

It doesn't get more boss than that.

Yeah, this is what 'apex' Batman is all about.

He is in such a no-win situation. I mean, he literally has to stop the police from killing the hostages while also keeping the bad guys from killing the police while also not getting himself killed... and he does it.

And that moment when the SWAT team thinks, ok, we've got this guy now and Batman literally just stands there because he knows that he's already beat them 5 moves ago like a chessmaster taking on a novice.

It doesn't get more boss than that.

This is the thing all the people defending Batfleck don't get. It's easy to kill. It's hard to avoid it. That's what elevates Batman above all the rest of the comic book vigilante crowd. Batfleck is just another thug in armour with no finess, intelligence or forethought, who goes barrelling in like a bull in a china shop. That is not the way Batman should operate. He's a genius, a master tactician, who avoids killing because he knows he's good enough to not need to do it.

But then, it's harder to write a Batman who doesn't kill. It's far easier to just say f*** it, and let it go by the way side.

Hello Zack Snyder!

This is the thing all the people defending Batfleck don't get. It's easy to kill. It's hard to avoid it. That's what elevates Batman above all the rest of the comic book vigilante crowd. Batfleck is just another thug in armour with no finess, intelligence or forethought, who goes barrelling in like a bull in a china shop. That is not the way Batman should operate. He's a genius, a master tactician, who avoids killing because he knows he's good enough to not need to do it.

But then, it's harder to write a Batman who doesn't kill. It's far easier to just say f*** it, and let it go by the way side.

Hello Zack Snyder!
So much exaggeration... UGH. I'm not going to argue that it's the best "Batman in action" scene of Nolan. And it's great on paper. It's beautifully filmed. But execution... The way Batman navigates through building is absolutely confusing. Nobody does anything, but walks into Batman. Except for a sniper. I watched this scene many times, but I just can't put it all together. Also, most annoying thing - nobody knows what to do with their guns. NOBODY. It seriously waters down Batman's effort.

And that's what I liked about Snyder's Batman. He's still not invincible, but that battle scene is WAY more honest and clear. And, by the way, he didn't kill anyone in that scene, except for Knyazev, but it was a similar situation to Dent, to kill to save another life. As for idiots with a grenade, it's manslaughter at best. They had it coming, using such a dangerous weapon in a room.

They didn't write Batman killing because it's easier.

They wrote it because it's part of his character arc to have gone too far in his vigilantism.

Hello Zack Snyder!

Hello Burton and Nolan as well.

But, while I'm not crazy that they once again made Batman kill, I think The Guard gets the point:

They didn't write Batman killing because it's easier.

They wrote it because it's part of his character arc to have gone too far in his vigilantism.

Loved that bit, and for some reason the "Oof!" sound Batfleck makes when he feels the impact.

He also yells out when the guy stabs him in the shoulder while he's down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"