What did you not like about Daredevil Season 2? Spoilers Ahead

Discussion in 'Daredevil' started by SamWinchester, Mar 21, 2016.

1. SamWinchester

SamWinchester Well-Known Member

I thought the second season was really good. I would give it 4.3/5. The first season I give 5/5. The lack of having a big bad like Wilson Fisk hurt this season. I thought having Elektra die in the season finale was cheap. I would have her leave Matt and go overseas. I felt the NOBU reveal could have been better and I would have like the Punisher meet up with Elektra and Daredevil on the rooftop fight and kill the Hand ninjas with the machinegun. I also would have like Matt to tell Karen that he was DD before the season ended. The Punisher arc was the best. The Hand storyline was ok but could have been better.

2. Rain in Gotham

Rain in Gotham "Im a baaaaaaaaaad man"

Don't like Karen page...each time she's on I just want to fast forward

3. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

Yeah. I really do not like Karen Page.

4. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

Punisher was overrated. Graveyard scene almost put me to sleep.
    The ending was weak.

5. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

The only major complaints I have are that Nobu was a weak main villain, there wasn't enough Punisher in the finale and they shouldn't have killed Elektra so soon (even though she'll be back either in The Defenders or DD season 3).

6. pixen

pixen Well-Known Member

My biggest complaint with the season would only be: The last fight scene was way too dark/poorly lit. Really hard to make out things going on.

7. TheFantasticJoe

TheFantasticJoe Well-Known Member

My biggest problem was that Black Sky was never actually explained so I had no reason to care about the big reveal because it meant nothing to me.

8. raisethe3

raisethe3 Legion of Boom

I had this complaint too, but I also felt episode 12 was a bit too dark. Hard to see the action going on.

9. BarryAllen

BarryAllen ey b0ss

This.

10. Repulsor Blast

Repulsor Blast Walloping Websnappers

It lost momentum after the stellar first 4 eps, which had a great pace and sense of urgency.

Too much Karen Page. Seriously felt like she got more screen time than the others in the cast and her scenes weren't that compelling and a kind of rehash from last season with her working with a reporter to uncover something.

The hand stuff was a bit too much setup for next season(s) and they never felt like a proper threat. Investment in that plot hinged on how invested you were with Elektra and I never was as invested in her as Matt was.

Punisher focus not as strong in last third of the season.

I think these netflix shows need to make sure they have a story to tell that needs 13 eps. All so far have had pacing issues and long talking scenes which lack economy of storytelling imo.

Season 3 needs to have the pace of eps 1-4 of S2 but for all 13 eps :p

11. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Power Cosmic

The Matt/Karen stuff, not only was it forced, and out of place, but it was also of minimum importance.

12. Drz

Drz Real Hero

Didn't like the idea that they killed off Ben Urich just to have Karen Page take his storylines for future seasons.

Absolutelyt disappointed at the Gun decision Daredevil has in episode 3 in regards to whetever to shoot at Punisher or not, they chickened out of an excellent story moment that Garth Ennis had written and made the "safe 3rd choice" which is just bland.

Didn't like Elektra being this black sky mumbo jumbo business, it doesn't fit the character at all and i'm really worried they're making her some zombie monster next season.

13. Monsieur Xavier

Monsieur Xavier Recycled

The picture was way to dark, I add to increase brightness.
    Karen Page was too much emotional, always on edge on every scene.

14. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

I wish there was more teamup of Frank, Electra and Daredevil. I really wanted to see that minigun stuff

15. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

I think Elektra was generally a little simplistic in her development. She was never anchored, and the mystical stuff either didn't stick or wasn't explained enough to anchor her.

Nobu seemed nerfed, which I don't think was wise or necessary.

16. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

totally agree.

what was the Ennis moment?

I'm banking on more fifth element than zombie monster. If that could lead to a more red-ribbon-like costume I'd be into it.

17. writer0327

writer0327 Well-Known Member

Murdock felt like a third wheel in his own series. Mid way through the season, the story is about Castle, Karen and Elektra and Murdock is just getting pulled in multiple directions. Which I guess it could be interesting as a character development piece, but it wasn't. I was more interested in their stories than his, which should never happen if he's the main character.

No main villain. This is a minor point, but why not focus on a main villain, give Murdock someone to defeat? Not that all comic book shows have to be the same but it felt like that is what was missing here. When the season ends with an "escape" from random ninjas and Nobu falling from a roof only for Stick to be the one to kill him, eh.... They could've done better than that.

The Blacksmith and Black Sky both felt contrived and forced. I still don't know exactly what Black Sky is supposed to be and why Elektra is that. The former CO being what amounts to the villain in the Punisher's story wasn't done well.

18. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

I absolutely loved this season but I felt they left a few too many things unexplained.

- What the hell is Black Sky? Stop alluding to it and just tell me because I'm still not sure.

- Who were the zombie junkies and what did they have to do with Black Sky?

- So Frank's CO was the Blacksmith, but does that mean then he was actually targeting him and that's why the shootout really happened in the park? Or was it all a coincidence?

There were a few other things but those were the ones that stuck out to me.

19. FataLethal

FataLethal Well-Known Member

The tender moments between Matt and Karen. It was just too mushy for me.

20. Smilodon

Smilodon Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this season a bit more overall on a purely aesthetic level, but even great fights will wear thin after awhile if there is no decent story to support it. The fight scenes have to move the plot forward. Too many times there seemed to be fight scenes for the sake of either filling up time, reiterating the fact that The Hand is in NYC, Matt can't hear them etc.

The dialogue this season was also terribly cringeworthy at times. A lot of it was rather extraneous and they could've been more direct. Some of the lines uttered by Fisk's inmates just took me out of the scene at times. Like, "did they really just say that?"

The Elektra being Black Sky stuff was a big no no. Get that they wanted to say Elektra was dark in the soul like the comics and that Stick couldn't control her, but I really didn't like how they killed her off. Gets rid of the possibility of Bullseye killing her too. Their final conversation also dragged forever and the dialogue there also was cringe-worthy. I also didn't like how they seemed to flip flop Matt's views on Elektra so quickly. I felt like they could've placed their conversation where Matt says he wants to be with Elektra and then the attack where she kills again a bit further apart. Not even an entire episode, but put it near the end. Pacing was so weird and it's even amplified when everyone binges this.

Seems like they're gonna do Born Again? Since Fisk was getting the files on Matt. I'm alright with that.

Frank's story lost all of it's steam after his graveyard conversation. Foggy also didn't get to do as much after the Castle trial, though his conversation with Hogarth was nice.

Enjoyable, liked the fights more this season, but I would definitely rate it at the same amount as the first season which is a solid 8/10.

21. s_mikheidze

s_mikheidze Well-Known Member

just like last season, my only complaint is....well....I guess I don't have any.

22. Rowsdower!

One other thing. I didn't like how Matt just doesn't seem to give a sh** about being a lawyer after he starts helping Elektra. He pretty much leaves Frank (and Foggy and Karen) to twist in the wind while he takes on the Hand. And yeah, I get that they're the larger threat (even though they didn't really do all that much) but I thought Matt was driven to help people both in his civilian life and his superhero life. And suddenly it was like the first part didn't matter. Hope they turn that around in season 3.

23. kaneluan06

kaneluan06 Active Member

Daredevil actually pulled the trigger but the gun taped to his hand wasn't loaded

24. Rincewind

Rincewind grezdei

I wish there was a proper team-up between Daredevil, Elektra and the Punisher against the Hand in the final episode. We did kinda-sorta get something like that, but could have been done better.

The whole thing with Elektra being the Black Sky, I feel was interesting as an idea but could have been elaborated upon. Two seasons in and we (or I at least, I won't pretend I'm an expert on DD comics) don't actually have a solid grasp on what the Black Sky actually is, aside from Stick's mystic mumbo-jumbo. I mean, Elektra was cool and all, but the way she was written and portrayed didn't convince me that she's something so special that a centuries-old ninja clan would leave no stone unturned until they found her. I mean, does she have dormant superpowers or something? Because the impression I got from the show without knowing how and in what way this storyline was adapted from the comics, she was nothing more than a kick-ass martial artist who likes killing people - and while that's all well and good, they sort of built up this whole Hand-Black Sky business as something greater and didn't really deliver.

And finally, too much Karen.

25. Rowsdower!

I like Karen. I didn't mind her being more central to the plot than before.