What didn't you like about T:TDW?

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Rock Sexton, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Senator Pleasury

Senator Pleasury Well-Known Member

I thought the "my opinion" part was a given in a discussion forum?

2. Feenix

Feenix Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like it the way people are discussing the film. Sounds like one armchair critic after another.

3. Warhammer

Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

I never understood this rationale in all my years of posting on the internet. Does posting "in my opinion" somehow make whatever is said seem less rude or more correct? It's redundant. Clearly it's an opinion. In everyday conversation with people you speak to, do you constantly say "in my opinion, so and so...."?

And for the rest...goodness gracious. What point are you trying to prove?

4. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

easy guys, the thread IS what YOU DIDN'T like about the movie and it IS each person's opinion.

besides, the Box Office says it all either way. The FANS have spoken in other words.

5. Warhammer

Exactly. Our opinions are irrelevant. It's all about the $.

6. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

just tells me people like the film. lol

7. Senator Pleasury

Or got good WOM. Generally I pay first and then I know if I liked the film or not.

8. Warhammer

The movie is not bad at all. More Marvel is what's best for business.

9. Adder

Adder Well-Known Member

I hated the 3rd act.
    Almost Everything after the phone scene in the cave was just terrible. especially the final battle. Too much comedy, too much focus on everyone else BUT Thor.

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Well-Known Member

Darcy annoyed the hell out if me. The comedy seemed over the top for the type if film it is. Thor's hammer seemed to lack power at times.

11. warhorse78

warhorse78 Well-Known Member

Darcy was my second favorite character in the movie, behind Loki. I'm glad they stuck her in there. Only think I really didn't like was that Jane is just so boring. I hope they kill her off in the third Thor or one of the Avengers.

Another thing I also didn't like, there were no Shield members, and I think that's what kind of kept the movies jointed during phase one. I don't remember a familiar Shield member during Iron Man 3 either.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  12. Warhammer

S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't required anymore to glue these films together. Everyone in the world saw The Avengers. If anything, it's terrific that they don't have to shoehorn them into these films. For this film particularly, there would be no place for them as this was more of a cosmic film anyway. However, I will say this. Given certain plot points, it would have made perfect sense for S.H.I.E.L.D. to be Iron Man 3.

:o

13. docdoc

docdoc Well-Known Member

The editing was not very good, and the magic of music from the last movie was gone

14. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

The one big thing I hated in this movie was Darcy. In Thor she was okay, not overused and generally funny. In TDW, unfortunately, Darcy's scenes were mostly unfunny to me and her scenes brought the film's epic tone crashing back to Earth. There was enough humor in Thor's banter with Loki and Eric Selvig's antics, so Darcy's presence was unnecessary. The few constructive things she did could have been assigned to other characters, just so as to cut her out.

Selvig was great overall, but the transition between the intense scenes in Asgard ([BLACKOUT]Frigga's funeral[/BLACKOUT]) and his crazed behavior was jarring. It unnecessarily ruined a very beautiful and moving moment.

Overall, I loved TDW and think that it was far better than Thor. Had the writers drastically cut back on Darcy, beefed up the Warriors Three's scenes and added more with Frigga it would have been better, IMO.

15. bullets

bullets bang bang

I liek Kat Dennings and her character Darcy is amusing , but she was a bit more annoying this time around.

Also Jane's reaction to being infected with a deadly energy source seemed non chalant. I expected her to have a meltdown and it never came.

16. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

I think that another problem with Darcy and HER comic relief sidekick is that even if they were entertaining, which is debatable, they were pretty pointless overall. You could have removed those two, or at least cut down their screentime, and not only would it not have hurt the movie, but it very well could have improved it. You could have used that extra time to develop Sif, or the Warriors 3, or Frigga, or even Malekith more and made them better characters.

17. Senator Pleasury

That's a huge part of it. A unnecessary sidekick character has a sidekick. I'd have used that time to flesh out the rest of the (necessary) characters.

18. kane9321

kane9321 oakland's finest

too much darcy...not enough lady sif

19. Senator Pleasury

For all the little screen time she had, you could tell Sif was infinitely more interesting than Dar Dar Binks.

20. Loki882

Why the heck was Selvig here either? He actually was interesting and served a purpose in Thor 1 and The Avengers. Here, he's a joke, I felt bad for Stellan.

21. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Odin STILL not having any big power displays

Thor reverting back to over relying on Mjolnir (see Thor 1)

Lack of any actual storm based attacks

How short the Vanaheim battle was, very disappointing

Bor not having many scenes, because he was PERFECT

Hogun being left behind so early in the film

Some of the humor although I enjoyed 90% of it

Hmm......that seems to be all

22. Loki882

Did you find the excuse for Hogun's early exit to be as ridiculous as I did? To me, it screamed "we have nothing for this character to do, so we need to get rid of him somehow."

23. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I actual thought they were good reasons, his planet did just get attacked and all.

24. X-Nemesis

X-Nemesis Well-Known Member

There was never any real sense of threat in this film or even the first one because you KNOW as a member of the audience that all will be well at the end. And because you don't feel any true threat and that the movie MAY end on a bad note for the heroes (which is believe is all too missing in these Marvel films), it takes away from your ability to connect with the hero(es).

Also Malekith was too one dimensional...I would gladly take away half of the action scenes for a more engrossing plot surrounding the Dark Elves and their threat to the nine realms.

And having Thor get in an alien craft he's NEVER encountered before and begin smashing consoles to miraculously turn it on and then to actually fly it with the skill he managed to? I think if anyone even managed to get it off the ground by luck, then being able to make it move in any direction, let alone with purpose and intent would take divine intervention.

I'd love to a see these Marvel movies done with a Game of Thrones feel to them where no-one is safe and the acting is great and the storyline is in depth and engrossing.

All the above IMO strictly.

25. The_Manhunter

The_Manhunter DCEU & MCU Fan

My main complaint? It was too short. Does anyone know why Taylor was forced to cut all the stuff he said he did? I'm just baffled they cut all that. Is there some rule that MCU movies can't be over 2 hours?