What didnt you like about the film?

K.B.

Sidekick
Reaction score
So what bothered/bugged and overall you didnt like about it?

-Logan always taking his shirt off for no reason.

Example: When he enters Strykers base he is wearing his red button up then we see him walk in and he is wearing his wifebeater. WTF? "Gee y'know it's kinda hot in here I better take this off."

(..."oh now my pants are chaffing me....")

- Emma and Silverfox being sisters

- Logan has a healing factor but that dosent matter becasue he never gets damage. Okay he does a few times but not really and its used as an after thought.

- Barackpool...and even more insulting...looked NOTHING like Ryan Reynolds.

- Im not sure but taking out a nucler reactor would cause some sort of meltdown or something wouldnt it? I mean, you don't just explode one and nothing happens but a few cop cars show up like its a noise complaint.

- Script. Did the writer sit down and watch every summer blockbuster and try to cram in every catch phrase/cheesy line he heard?

-The old man with sage advice cliche: Okay, we all know the old guy in movies will give nugget of sage advice before he croaks but this dude was KING of the old guys dispensing not 1, not 2 but 3 truth nuggets... IN A ROW.

Last edited:
I liked the movie quite a bit, leaps and bounds over x3 as far as I'm concerned, but what bugged the hell out of me was Wolverine's attention span. Seriously, He's after Sabertooth, yet, in New Orleans, he lets Sabertooth go just to fight Gambit a little more. "No you go ahead, I'll kick your ass later, it's not like I think you murdered my girlfriend or anything". (Speaking of that, Gambit has his lights punched out, and instead of jumping back into the fight, he climbs a building and jumps off a roof...uh...what?) Then he's after Stryker, finds out his girlfriend isn't really dead, and was one of Stryker's pawns, and says "Well, this is some bull ****, but I'm not going to get super pissed and cut you all to pieces starting with this lying ****, I'm just gonna go for a walk. Later."

I liked the movie quite a bit, leaps and bounds over x3 as far as I'm concerned, but what bugged the hell out of me was Wolverine's attention span. Seriously, He's after Sabertooth, yet, in New Orleans, he lets Sabertooth go just to fight Gambit a little more. "No you go ahead, I'll kick your ass later, it's not like I think you murdered my girlfriend or anything". (Speaking of that, Gambit has his lights punched out, and instead of jumping back into the fight, he climbs a building and jumps off a roof...uh...what?) Then he's after Stryker, finds out his girlfriend isn't really dead, and was one of Stryker's pawns, and says "Well, this is some bull ****, but I'm not going to get super pissed and cut you all to pieces starting with this lying ****, I'm just gonna go for a walk. Later."

Hahahah exactly! Wolverine was way too nice the entire movie. Other things i didn't like:

- Gambit's lack of motivation to help Wolverine

- Mild, PG 13 Gambit

- Weapon 11/Deadpool

- The ending with Stryker walking up to Silver Fox to shoot her when he knows what her power is

- The lack of explanation for why Sabretooth is a plant in X-1

- How Wolverine lost his memories

- How fake Wolverine claws looked

- The over the top cliche exploding helicopter scene

Here's what bothered me.

- They decided to make a Wolverine movie.

- In that movie they decided to further **** up Wolverine's Story

- They turned Deadpool into Barakaclops.

I just realized I can't spell Sabretooth.

Also, I understand not having Brian Cox and doing the de-aging for time/budget reasons, but I still would've preferred him to be in the movie. Cox was friggin' scary in X2, he was a true mad-man and he sent chills down my spine, and while Hutson did a good job, it just wasn't the same.

I just realized I can't spell Sabretooth.

Sabretooth and Sabertooth are both correct. One is just the British spelling with the other being the American spelling.

i was thinking about the part where some portion of the nuclear reactor was about to fall on Wolvy, and Gambit appears out of nowhere to save him...
i might have gotten that scene wrong, but even if the thing dropped on Wolvy, he would have as heck survived it

This:

Creed: "We can't just let you walk away!"
Logan[gives him a dirty look and walks away]
Creed: "Jimmy!!"

and that's it. Reminds me of a MST3K episode, "The Girl In Lover's Lane" where 2 guys are cornered in a pool hall/bar with a gang of street toughs waiting outside to jump them and rob them. They walk out the door, the gang is standing around and watches as they just walk away and right then one of the MST3K guy's yells in a dumb goombah voice, "Dey got away! Dat was brilliant!":hehe:

And why do adamantium bullets have any different effect than regular bullets on Wolverine? If the stuff is indestructable then even they should not be able to pierce his skull.. Ok, so it's mearly the impact of them that damages his brain causing the amnesia, you might say. Then shouldn't that happen anytime he gets shot in the head? Shouldn't he have lost his memory after the Drake house incident in X2? Or when Zero nailed him right after the bonding process in this film? That was just a god-aweful idea.

the writing was awful, so was the acting. let's begin there...
the dialogue was so awful and predictable i was delivering lines alongside the actors w/o a script in my hand.
each action scene seemed lifted from another action film. the spfx were tv quality. recall ST:NG? like that .
the continuity in the film wasn't there. one moment he's james, the next logan? wolverine came from some native tale? give me a break. why not just shoot logan in the head and erase his memories. oh wait a minute...
hated this movie. i want to fight the writers. physically fight them. this is WINO people. marvel you can take your retcon and stuff it. i quit your books, i quit your films. i quit.
i despise this translation. next time adapt the wolvie story you originally told us and get my $. bone claws for the lose.
C.B.

Why are you blaming Marvel? FOX made this film.

- Gambit's lack of motivation to help Wolverine

- Mild, PG 13 Gambit

I don't think you were paying attention. Gambit's motivation was thoroughly explained. He was captured by Creed and held prisoner by Stryker for 2 years, before escaping. When he thought that Logan was linked to Creed, he fought him. He thought Logan had come to get him. But after they fight, Gambit realizes that Logan is out to kill and take out everyone and get his revenge, and those are the same people who captured and imprisoned Gambit.

And as far as PG-13 Gambit goes - you have seriously never read an X-Men comic with Gambit in it, have you? Gambit is VERY PG-13. What the hell are you talking about here?

Why are you blaming Marvel? FOX made this film.

Most of the complaints that people have in regards to the story are about elements from Marvel comics...

What people don't understand is that, yes, it's rather true to the comics.

I didn't like...

1) Emma Frost and Kayla Silverfox being sisters, as one is native American and one is a blonde non-nativeAmerican. If they wanted to give Kayla a motivation for having to work for Stryker, they should have given her a native American sibling held in captivity - for instance, John Proudstar (Thunderbird), Danielle Moonstar (Mirage), even Michael Twoyoungmen (Shaman)...all would have been better choices of a sibling forKayla, even though they also aren't related to her in the comics

2) a lack of emotional depth

3) all those powerful mutants held so easily in wire mesh cages

4) lack of explanation for how they covered Kayla's funeral/burial convincingly.

5) Blob fight scene felt forced into the screenplay for the sake of it

6) Hudsons seemed wasted, only there to give him a jacket and a bike

7) Wolverine scaling a nuclear reactor tower for no reason except there was about to be a fight on top of it...

I didn't like to learn that, after your sister dedicates her life to save you, betraying her boyfriend and all that, it's okay to leave her behind, don't giving a thing about what happened to her, and running away with the first bold headed guy that shows up in a helicopter.

-Logan always taking his shirt off for no reason.

How on earth can you mind that? :woot:

Okay, seriously now:
As X-maniac said: "lack of explanation for how they covered Kayla's funeral/burial convincingly."

And Emma Frost being Kayla's sister. Those were the two big issues to me.

I found the pacing a bit fast a times. They just breezed through The Hill material in the beginning, like it was put there for folks who'd read the comics to know who Thomas Logan was. Too fast.

I thought learned how to use the Adamantium to his advantage very quickly, he didn't look like he was experimenting much when he fought the helicopter and all that. It coudln't have been that long after the metal went in, right? Plus the bonding process itself seemed like a breeze even after he was warned how awful it would be.

But overall I thought the film was quite good, even if Wade Wilson was done better than Deadpool was. :)

(I'm talking about the leaked verison, hopefully I don't get an infraction now that the flick is out)

Bad/chliched dialogue

Plot holed filled storyline

It had no heart or soul

The bad claw effects (which according to reviews and T.V spots were the final effects)

Will I Am is a terrible actor

The Blob scene was terrible

The bullet can make you lose your memory thing

The explaination of his Wolverine code name

The end villian being lame

Stryker being lamer in this flick than he was in X2.

Gambit was poorly portrayed.

The direction: The director watched far too many cheesy action flicks.

I don't think you were paying attention. Gambit's motivation was thoroughly explained. He was captured by Creed and held prisoner by Stryker for 2 years, before escaping. When he thought that Logan was linked to Creed, he fought him. He thought Logan had come to get him. But after they fight, Gambit realizes that Logan is out to kill and take out everyone and get his revenge, and those are the same people who captured and imprisoned Gambit.

And as far as PG-13 Gambit goes - you have seriously never read an X-Men comic with Gambit in it, have you? Gambit is VERY PG-13. What the hell are you talking about here?

I know they held Gambit prisoner for 2 years but what i didn't understand is why all of a sudden he wanted have his revenge. Because Wolverine showed up? Gambit already knew where that island was, he could have taken his revenge anytime he wanted to. Besides, pre X-men Gambit should be more shady, unthrustworthy and selfish. Why would he befriend Wolverine so quickly and help him if he didn't really get anything out of it? I would have liked it better if he helped Wolverine only so he could use him as a distraction and steal something from Stryker. Then it would appear as if he's helping Wolverine as an act of kindness when in reality he was actually using him for his own purpose. THAT"S GAMBIT!

As for the PG 13 comment. I may have phrased that wrong, i'm not american so i don't exactly know what kind of rating that is but i wanted Gambit to be edgier and have a little more attitude. I wanted him to flirt, steal, decieve and smoke.

Last edited:
Marvel sold the character rights to Fox giving Fox permission to do whatever to the x-characters.

At the time Marvel sold the rights to most of their characters they were going bankrupt so it was either that or go under. Since they had their backs to the wall they were not in power to negotiate a fair contract. I say fair because the fact that any of the studios that own the rights can keep them forever so long as they pump out a film before 4-5 years is up is kind of horse****.
Most of the complaints that people have in regards to the story are about elements from Marvel comics...

From what I've seen most of the story complaints are about plot holes, ****** dialogue and events.

<comic-geek gets highly offended> No it's *not*.

Sure, the Silverfox storyline is a mess in the comics, but the main issues I had with this movie was the fact that it completely failed in bringing most of the characters from the comics into the movie. Sure, we have names and basic characteristics, but everything deeper than that was missed. The Weapon X comic arc is completely freaky. While I understand that they couldn't have put that into a movie, they at least could have tried to relay the emotion. You can be true to characters and the *feeling* of characters and still change plot. Heck, if you keep the characters true, I don't really care what you do with them, as long as it's not as potted as a slice of moldy swiss cheese.

Now for my complaints (since everyone else is doing it) ;) :p

1: Stryker has the worst security ever. Besides Agent Zero, was there . . . one guard to help try to stop Logan? And Wolverine didn't run into a single guard on the island--he just walked right in. Great idea.

2: I really missed the blood, even though I didn't think it would make a difference. I didn't really count, but looking back I was thinking. Not counting the opening credits, how many people does Logan actually kill during the length of the movie? Agent Zero, the helicopter pilot with him, and a random guard on the way to take a skinny-dip in Alkalai Lake. That's three--and for a Wolverine movie (especially his Weapon X debut), that's ridiculous. What's more--it drove me crazy how Logan's wifebeater was hardly torn despite him being stabbed, beaten, etc a number of times throughout the movie, and how his claws/hands were never bloody. I know it was PG-13, but just a little? :(

3: The adamantium bonding scene flopped. :down

4: The whole old couple just kinda left me scratching my head. I know they were supposed to represent the Hudsons or something, but . . . . why were they there? Sure, they were cute and everything, but Logan wouldn't be stupid enough to stick around. He'd know that they'd be after him.

5. Barakapool . . . . :down But what's so sad is that he's so messed up I can't even find it in me to get mad. I think I was laughing the whole last half an hour of the movie.

6: Sure, I love Wolverine in Japan, but . . . . how did he get there, and why? (And just as pressing, how did he get his jacket back? :p)

7. And this is just a general one, but I thought the fight scenes felt really . . . choppy. Rushed, like they tried to make them too fast and ended up accidentally pushing fast-forward when they were supposed to be going normal speed. I know fight scenes often do that, but this one felt a bit much. As for that ladder part of Logan and Gambit's fight . . . :facepalm

8. This movie = multiple one-liner FAILs.

-The ending. The entire thing. From Stryker letting Wolverine walk out, to Wolverine sparing Sabretooth to avoid being "an animal", to Wolverine fighting on a reactor, to Wolverine deflecting beams with his claws, to the adamantium bullets, etc. I could go on for hours about everything wrong with the finale from the lousy backdrop in the final battle to Stryker typing in commands for Deadpool. It was just a complete and utter mess.

-The invulnerable Wolverine. There was no tension to the film at all. Wolverine gets shot in the head by Agent Zero and he reacts like he just got some spit balls shot at him.

-Weapon X being a small part of the film. It really took away from Wolverine's past to skim over that and make it just a small part of Weapon XI.

-The shortness of the opening scenes. This is supposedly an origin movie but it skims over the first 100 years or so of his life. We never learn why he's the best there is at what he does or what the basis for his relationships with guys like Stryker are.

-Wolverine not really reacting to Wraith's death at all. It's not even brought up at the end. Wolverine acts like all Sabretooth did was fake kill Silverfox so it's okay to let him go.

-Wolverine being too much of a nice guy. Wolverine felt more like Hugh then ever before. This wasn't Wolverine.

-The Special Effects all have a very fake-ish feel to them. I never once felt impressed by how they looked.

-The Blob shouldn't have been in the movie at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"