The Dark Knight Rises What didn't you like about the movie? - Part 1

Or why at the end were they, again, bumping shoulders as they walked down the street and no one dared walk on the sidewalk?

Haha,

I noticed that blatantly in my third viewing, I'm guessing because they just didnt have enough people which sucks, but I mean it took me LOOKING for mistakes like that to see it.

I never looked at Bane like the people above as a "lackey." He had the same vision as Talia...he did all the grunt work, the "real" evil stuff. She just merely got a job at WE and moved her way up the company or whatever, and had the same ideals as Bane to me, it came off as a nice team up opposed to "ones in charge, and the other is a sidekick".

I had two issues

How the batpod kills
bane

How alfred is left alone at the end of the movie..who does he have? What about his own damn happiness and never being alone!

Damn, you know I never thought of Alfreds situation? Poor old man.

How alfred is left alone at the end of the movie..who does he have? What about his own damn happiness and never being alone!

Yeah...maybe in the next franchise, they'll include Leslie.

I thought it was pretty hilarious when all those cops were heading into the tunnels, bumping shoulders because there wasn't hardly enough room for all of them to walk. I'm thinking, "Who the hell thinks this is a good idea?"

I got a good laugh out of that, bumping shoulders like rats in a trap... I would have loved to have heard just one person stop and say "wait a minute, wait a minute! this is foolish."

But my thing is this... don't cops get time off in Gotham? I would figure that was just one shift, what happened to the others? Did the mayor call up all the off duty cops and say "Hey, I don't know if there are 10 guys down there or 100, but still... I'm gonna need you to come in today and head underground." and really, did they need to trap the cops? wasn't the bomb even enough to deter the national guard as well as the few cops topside anyway, I think the rat trap was an unneeded extra step... consider it wasn't meant to be fatal.

Yep,
Cops in most, if not all cities, even little podunk towns work in shifts. There is NO way they could have gotten every copper from all 3 shifts to come in to work for a training exercise. Just the fact that they want people to believe that ALL the cops in the entire city came in and got trapped like that is ridiculous. Obviously Banes plan wouldnt work if only 1/3 of all cops got trapped. Just shows how weak the overall story was.
Also, how many football stadiums have a multilevel structure underneath the field? None. Dont tell me that the construction crews built it either. Another totally contrived idea.
Also Foley. 110% not needed. All he did was eat up Gordons screen time. He added nothing to the story. In fact he was useless and just another worthless character.

movie seems terrible after reading this thread lol

^ I have a feeling the same thing could happen to any movie. It certainly has with all the ones that came out this year.

The 'War' at the end was a big let down. After seeing the spy shots and trailer, I expected a more significant amount of time and shots to be spent on the mercs vs police street battle, and also more of Batman/Bane fighting as they made their way toward eachother in the battle. There was no resolution to it.

8. JGL telepathic abilities (finding Gordon outside the sewers, seeing that Bruce is Batman IN HIS EYES)

I have to address this one. He knew where the outflow of the sewers might be, as he had previously found there the body of one of his friends that had gone to the sewers

I have to address this one. He knew where the outflow of the sewers might be, as he had previously found there the body of one of his friends that had gone to the sewers

But how did he know that Gordon would end up there?

It's still a coincidence that he's there.

I only saw the movie once, but I seem to recall it was somewhat usual to find people dead people from the sewers appearing in that particular spot. Something like Blake's friend wasn't the first to be found there. I could be wrong, though

We didn't get a Catwoman suit up sequence...

It saddens me that I'm most likely going to be fast forwarding some stuff once I watch this on DVD. There are quite a bit of scenes/characters that I just couldn't care less about no matter how hard I forced myself to like it. The good stuff make up for most of the bland stuff though so I'm excited to see those again. I just wished this was a movie where I would watch the whole thing over and over again and not get tired of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"