BvS What do we really know?

roach

I am the night
Reaction score
With the revelation that Warner Bros has been actively sending out mis-information, including a fake script written by Kevin Smith. It's now time to re-evaluate what we really know about this film.

What we know:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/official-warner-bros-reveals-batman-589527
July 20th 2013...Zack Snyder announces Batman vs Superman at Comic con.
Zack Snyder will be directing the film and Henry Cavill is set to reprise his role as Clark Kent. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also return for the film.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ben-affleck-is-batman-man-612907
Aug 22nd 2013...WB announces that Ben Affleck is the new Batman.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-finds-wonder-woman-661991
Dec 4th 2013...WB announces that Gal Gadot will be Wonder Woman in BvS.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/batman-superman-chris-terrio-write-666735
Dec 18th 2013...The Hollywood Reporter got an exclusive that Chris Terrio, who wrote Argo, is writing BvS. Months later WB confirms this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jesse-eisenberg-cast-as-lex-676043
Jan 31st 2014...WB announces that Jesse Eisenberg is the new Lex Luthor. They also announce that Jeremy Irons will be the new Alfred.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/holly-hunter-added-superman-batman-693310
April 4th 2014...WB announces that Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey and Tao Okamoto have joined the cast in unspecified roles

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-superman-movie-finds-cyborg-698835
April 24th 2014...THR confirms that Ray Fisher will be Cyborg. WB hasn't confirmed.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-affleck-batman-photo-703629
May 13 2014...Zack Snyder tweets the first look at Batman
zack_snyder_ben_affleck_as_batman.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jason-momoa-playing-aquaman-batman-711899
June 16th 2014...The trades 'confirm' that Jason Momoa is Aquaman...I placed confirm in quotation marks as WB hasn't announced it. THR got the Chris Terrio rumor right so I'll give this some credibility.

USA Today released the official image of Superman today July 3rd, 2014.
Superman-Henry-Cavill-in-Batman-V-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice.jpg

Thank you for posting this Roach. It also confirms something that has bugged me since Variety reported the Ray Fisher as Cyborg news - WB never officially confirmed that themselves. We all just assumed that was true because Variety has a solid reputation as one of the major trades; but it's technically not official....neither is Momoa as Aquaman.

So we basically know very little about this film at all. Are all the rumored wider DCCU slate of movies phony too?? The only ones that were confirmed by a WB official in that Wall Street Journal article a few months back were they were working on Shazam, Sandman, and Suicide Squad I believe.

I don't imagine the Ray Fisher casting is fake. What would be the point?

Thank you for posting this Roach. It also confirms something that has bugged me since Variety reported the Ray Fisher as Cyborg news - WB never officially confirmed that themselves. We all just assumed that was true because Variety has a solid reputation as one of the major trades; but it's technically not official....neither is Momoa as Aquaman.

So we basically know very little about this film at all. Are all the rumored wider DCCU slate of movies phony too?? The only ones that were confirmed by a WB official in that Wall Street Journal article a few months back were they were working on Shazam, Sandman, and Suicide Squad I believe.

I give a little lee way to THR, Variety and Deadline because they still employ the old journalistic formula of having more than one source when they confirm something. Most rumor sites don't do this and publish anything that's sent their way. Is it possible that Fisher and Momoa were cast? More thank likely. As I mentioned above THR broke the news that Chris Terrio was writing BvS months before WB confirmed it.

IMO the whole fake script thing is a stroke of genius. If it's true they just trolled everyone big time. That's a level of mis-direction that puts J.J. Abrams to shame.
If not true...and we won't know until 2 years from now...WB still has the upper hand because everything 'leaked and rumored' is now suspect.

It's probably not but it hasn't been confirmed by WB.

And that's the point. No matter how reputable the source, until it's confirmed by WB it's not official. And that goes for Momoa too.
Reputable sources have been known to get things wrong before.

I give a little lee way to THR, Variety and Deadline because they still employ the old journalistic formula of having more than one source when they confirm something. Most rumor sites don't do this and publish anything that's sent their way. Is it possible that Fisher and Momoa were cast? More thank likely. As I mentioned above THR broke the news that Chris Terrio was writing BvS months before WB confirmed it.

IMO the whole fake script thing is a stroke of genius. If it's true they just trolled everyone big time. That's a level of mis-direction that puts J.J. Abrams to shame.
If not true...and we won't know until 2 years from now...WB still has the upper hand because everything 'leaked and rumored' is now suspect.

My rule of thumb is that if 2 or more of THR, Variety, Deadline or The Wrap report the same story, then it is pretty much legit. The thing with those publications is that their reputation depends on being right or Hollywood won't give them exclusive stories anymore. With everything else, my first impulse is "False until proven true".

My rule of thumb is that if 2 or more of THR, Variety, Deadline or The Wrap report the same story, then it is pretty much legit. The thing with those publications is that their reputation depends on being right or Hollywood won't give them exclusive stories anymore. With everything else, my first impulse is "False until proven true".

It's still not official, therefore we don't KNOW that it's true. It may be more likely that it's true, but we really don't KNOW that it is. And isn't that the title of this thread, what we KNOW to be true? We don't KNOW that claims about Fisher and Momoa are true, not one little bit.

With the revelation that Warner Bros has been actively sending out mis-information, including a fake script written by Kevin Smith. It's now time to re-evaluate what we really know about this film.

Isn't this essentially just another rumor, rather than a factual discovery? It originated with Movieweb.com, right? How reputable are they, and why should be put any stock into what they have to say?

Thank you for making this thread.
It just proves how little we know and how much everyone has been talking out of their arses.
:woot:

It's still not official, therefore we don't KNOW that it's true. It may be more likely that it's true, but we really don't KNOW that it is. And isn't that the title of this thread, what we KNOW to be true? We don't KNOW that claims about Fisher and Momoa are true, not one little bit.
It's probably not but it hasn't been confirmed by WB.
Are both of you kidding when it come to Fisher?

Snyder's words in the USA Today release of Henry as Superman in Man of Steel. That's as official as it gets seeing as it has been sanctioned off by Warner Brothers.

By bringing in more DC Comics do-gooders such as Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher), the new movie is thicker, denser and more epic than Man of Steel, according to Snyder. And it’s also the next step toward building a strong movie universe that ultimately leads to Snyder’s Justice League, the supergroup answer to Marvel’s The Avengers, tentatively scheduled for a 2018 release.
Did anyone even bother to read the actual USA Today article...?

Techniquelly Snyder didn't say those words, that was USA today. Who knows if he actually said "By bringing in more DC Comics do-gooders such as Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher), the new movie is thicker, denser and more epic than Man of Steel" Word by word..

The articles have to be vetted by Warner Brothers before they release anything. This was the reveal of Henry as Superman. There's no way they didn't vet something like this. Absolutely no way.

The only way USA Today had this was because WB choose them to be the outlet to release all this info.

Techniquelly Snyder didn't say those words, that was USA today. Who knows if he actually said "By bringing in more DC Comics do-gooders such as Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher), the new movie is thicker, denser and more epic than Man of Steel" Word by word..

Exactly.

So do we know if the whole Kevin Smith faking a script is real or not? And if it is, should we disregard every rumor that comes out since then?

So let me get this straight.

We are to treat all non-official info as nothing more than rumor...because of a new rumor that said so?

With outlets like THR, Variety, Deadline, and The Wrap I'm more apt to believe than most other sources. Usually when something emerges from one of those four, it's more than likely true. The last time I remember THR being wrong was the Flash and Wonder Woman films being announced at SDCC last year, and Variety was off with JGL's role in TDKR. Although, that's only what I recall.

The Momoa and Fisher castings are more than likely true, even though it hasn't been "confirmed" yet.

Last edited:
Are both of you kidding when it come to Fisher?

Snyder's words in the USA Today release of Henry as Superman in Man of Steel. That's as official as it gets seeing as it has been sanctioned off by Warner Brothers.

Did anyone even bother to read the actual USA Today article...?

I can't be bothered to remember everything:woot:

. . .

When did this happen?

Isn't this essentially just another rumor, rather than a factual discovery? It originated with Movieweb.com, right? How reputable are they, and why should be put any stock into what they have to say?

I had been hearing for a while that WB was putting out mis-information. This was just the next bit of evidence I saw. Even BadassDigest which received the script called it into question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"