What do you like so much about DC?

chongjasmine

Civilian
Reaction score
DC fans, what is it about DC that makes you prefer it over marvel or some other publishers?

The stories are cleverly written, especially the event stories. They know how to bring their event stories to a perfect end, which is more than I can say for marvel's. Plus DC characters look matured when compared to Marvel's that look kiddish to me. This is my own opinion of course and comic book characters are primarily meant to look kiddish so as to draw in their target demographic. But it just looks to me like DC's looks more adult like and I like it that way.
And the DC universe, the interactions, conversations and dynamics between the characters look natural to me, like this is how the dynamic between Batman and Superman would be in real life if they were real characters, more so than that of marvel.
And finally the one thing that I believe places DC a rung above Marvel and which Marvel will never be able to do successfully? The one area DC best's Marvel in? Character development. And that's evident in DC's ability to make non super powered characters very popular. Think Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn. They have no special powers but they rank up there with their top tier characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"