What do you think the original ending was?

Katsuro

Superhero
Reaction score
So we heard that they reshot the end of this episode for the writers strike, anyone venture a guess as to what the ending was supposed to be? They were going to end the volume regardless, so i have a feeling the Sylar thing was intact.

My guess, based on rumors we got earlier about the end of the season, was that instead of being shot, Nathan was supposed to become sick with the virus. That would lead into the virus being a larger plotline next volume, which will probably still happen.

So we heard that they reshot the end of this episode for the writers strike, anyone venture a guess as to what the ending was supposed to be? They were going to end the volume regardless, so i have a feeling the Sylar thing was intact.

My guess, based on rumors we got earlier about the end of the season, was that instead of being shot, Nathan was supposed to become sick with the virus. That would lead into the virus being a larger plotline next volume, which will probably still happen.

I was thinking they were originally going to have Elle kill Sylar, since he was set to shoot Star Trek. But the writers' strike allowed them to prolong Sylar's stay since the show is now on indefinite lay-off.

I agree that the virus was probably supposed to be released orginally. I may have been looking way too much into this, but it almost looked like Nathan had an ill face right after Peter destroyed the virus. It appeared as if Peter really made the virus an airborne threat when he disintgrated it. Which would explain how the virus could spread so fast.

I was thinking they were originally going to have Elle kill Sylar, since he was set to shoot Star Trek. But the writers' strike allowed them to prolong Sylar's stay since the show is now on indefinite lay-off.

I agree that the virus was probably supposed to be released orginally. I may have been looking way too much into this, but it almost looked like Nathan had an ill face right after Peter destroyed the virus. It appeared as if Peter really made the virus an airborne threat when he disintgrated it. Which would explain how the virus could spread so fast.

Yes and Yes. Those were EXACTLY my thoughts.

That could be... but a "real" virus would most definently be destroyed/denatured from that heat and radiation.

That could be... but a "real" virus would most definently be destroyed/denatured from that heat and radiation.

Agreed. Also, doesn't the virus take away your powers? So if the virus did go airborne somehow, Matt wouldn't have been able to use his mind powers on the stations to let Nathan talk on TV.

Or am i confused with a different virus? lol

Was it confirmed that Nathan is dead? Or just shot? Hell. HRG came back from a bullet to the face. I'm sure Claire could heal Nathan......

Was it confirmed that Nathan is dead? Or just shot? Hell. HRG came back from a bullet to the face. I'm sure Claire could heal Nathan......

The news said Nathan was shot, not killed, so his fate is still up in the air. :ikyn

Agreed. Also, doesn't the virus take away your powers? So if the virus did go airborne somehow, Matt wouldn't have been able to use his mind powers on the stations to let Nathan talk on TV.

Or am i confused with a different virus? lol

Nope, that same virus was the Shanti (sp?) virus. It was the same virus that killed everyone when Peter traveled to the future. It was all apart of Adam Munroe's plot to be the "hero" to whoever was left, since he'd survive it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"