Playstation What do you want to see in Ghost of Tsushima 2?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Ghost of Tsushima is one of my favourite games ever and I’m currently replaying it. What would you like to see for a sequel? To me it’s so hard because the first one had pretty much everything.

I would love to see like a flip side, like a ghost of Jeju Island repelling a Japanese invasion this time but I get that’s hard when you’ve already established a fan base like this.

new features I want to see
- a woman main character
- the ability to actually develop your samurai sword so you feel like a personal connection to it
- improved foraging, maybe even cooking
- new weapons like Yari

- the ability to actually develop your samurai sword so you feel like a personal connection to it
Great idea. I love the sound of that. I’d take a female main character as well.

I'd love to see the sequel in Japan proper with more built up villages. Tsushima had good verticality, but I wanted to see it capitalised on more.

The first game in part felt like the birth of the ninja and what it meant to reject the samurai code. I'd like to see that explored more in any sequel. I think a villain protagonist could compliment that ideal well.

Oh yeah you’re right that would definitely be fun. I loved all the little towns but you’re right, Tsushima was mostly rural and it would be fun to go a bit more cosmo

I'd love to see the sequel in Japan proper with more built up villages. Tsushima had good verticality, but I wanted to see it capitalised on more.

The first game in part felt like the birth of the ninja and what it meant to reject the samurai code. I'd like to see that explored more in any sequel. I think a villain protagonist could compliment that ideal well.
Verticality sounds great, as well as having more ninja elements fused into the gameplay.

I'm still underwhelmed by the first game. I don't think they'll change the lead character. But I'd like to see a different cast in a different location (hopefully with fewer trees/more lived in locations). There are some really nice locations that you don't really go back to in the main story and I'm kinda disappointed by it.

I have 2 objectives left in the game and thats the tournament and I just found out that it unlocks a cosmetic reward and a crimson red shop in which you can buy more cosmetic stuff but I'm not going to use them for anything as I'm 99% done with the game... this game has more cosmetics than things to do - as I always change the mask/headband/color for the outfit when I cleared 2 to 3 things and still lots of cosmetics were unused. The last thing I did in the game was solved 5 riddles and 4 of those cosmetic rewards weren't used as I just used the Shadow of the Colossus inspired cosmetic. And I also looked for 5 other vanity gear to clear out the collection tab. Hopefully if they are going to litter the map with things, it won't be mostly cosmetic stuff.

I want more boss battles. Like, way, way more. I just loved the gameplay so much and wanted to keep fighting those blades of Kojiro over and over again.

And yes, a new location for the sequel.
I think one more game is enough to close this story.

There is quite a bit of cosmetics in the game as well as other collectables, which if you leave them until after you've done most or all of the story can feel a bit pointless, but there is a new game plus mode where these things will carry over and you can earn a few more.

The boss battles tend to drop off after a certain point in the first game. I'd also like to see them change up the style of boss battles to differentiate them more from normal enemies and not have them all be duels.

Legends mode could really use bosses in general as the climactic battles at the end of missions are mostly buffed generic enemies.

Tbh I really think Legends mode could be expanded on a lot more, if not made a seperate game entirely. I'd love to see more unique classes that borrowed from the enemies fighting styles, like sword and shield, polearms, dual wield and maybe a Shaman class for buffs. You could even give them different backstories like a warrior monk, raider or Korean deserter from the Mongols.

Some real historical figures!

I know the first game seems had avoiding real historical figures but I think featuring them will deepen the story more. (Like Assassins Creed' games has done it).

Considering the first game based in Kamakura bakufu (shogunate)...the next game should be the continuation of that era which I hope we can see the story revolving around the rise of Ashikaga bakufu (which leads to the famous Warring Period era, an era which had gave birth of many famous warlords/samurai in Japan history).

If we're considering a new protagonist (which I don't think is likely but still) I'd love to see something follow a similar story to Musashi, following a young man or woman's journey as they embark on the swordsman's path. Maybe a reformed bandit turned travelling swordsman, getting embroiled in conflicts with warring clans etc.

Would also love a good romance plot, as I feel like that's a great part of classic samurai stories that was absent from Tsushima.

I kind of want an improved sword mechanic gameplay though it was fun I felt like it could be a lot smoother

I want to see it adopt the hideous title: Ghost of Twoshima

I was watching a Netflix documentary on the rise of Japanese figures like Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and other leaders of that period. They reference the Japanese invasion of Korea that went disastrously for Hideyoshi. I wouldn't mind seeing that from the Korean perspective as a flip-side of the first game.

Jin is probably going to be THE protagonist of future games, unless they decide not to.

Maybe, maybe not. They didn't stick with the same protagonist for the Infamous series.

New setting, maybe a new protagonist and definitely leaning away from samurais further towards ninjas. As far as I'm concerned, the first game was a perfect samurai fantasy and I don't need that again.

The gameplay could have a more involving parkour/acrobat movement system, fit for a ninja. Perhaps combat could have some kind of hand to hand martial arts, on top of sword play. I'm neither for or against Jin as a protagonist, but if they're more inspired by another historical event in a different place and time, I'm all for a new protagonist.

Or, counterpoint, more Samurais than ever before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"