The Avengers What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

gzilla46

Civilian
Reaction score
He was saying something about her backstory. But I didn't understand what happened. What happened?

She did some terrible things before she switched teams and joined SHIELD. She killed a lot of people. It was to the point where Hawkeye was assigned to take her down, but he spared her.

She did some terrible things before she joined SHIELD. She killed a lot of people. It was to the point where Hawkeye was assigned to take her down, but he spared her.

Oh. OK. I see.

I believe the majority of that was made up for the cinematic universe. We may or may not find out more in future MCU films. Perhaps in a future Black Widow or Hawkeye movie.

But basically I think it was just because she had a lot of blood on her hands (red in her ledger) because she is an assassin and worked for the wrong people. For instance "Drakov's daughter" could refer to her hurting/killing a child, "the hospital fire" she might have started causing the deaths of innocent (even sick and injured) civilians. I believe Loki mentions (or it is implied) that Barton told him about these things.

He was flirting with her...but he got no game.

Dude. All the b****es love when I call them "mewling quim."

No seriously, Loki fangirls are weird.

She was an assasin who killed people before she went over to SHIELD. Innocent people most likely.. Hawkeye, who was supposed to kill her, let her live. He spilled all the dirty laundry on her as his mind was under loki's influence. Is it

I believe the majority of that was made up for the cinematic universe. We may or may not find out more in future MCU films. Perhaps in a future Black Widow or Hawkeye movie.

But basically I think it was just because she had a lot of blood on her hands (red in her ledger) because she is an assassin and worked for the wrong people. For instance "Drakov's daughter" could refer to her hurting/killing a child, "the hospital fire" she might have started causing the deaths of innocent (even sick and injured) civilians. I believe Loki mentions (or it is implied) that Barton told him about these things.

This wasn't made up for the movie, in the books BW was brainwashed by a corrupt part of the Russian goverment to be a spy/assasin and to hate America. One of her missions was to take down Tony Stark (or something). I don't recall specific killings from that time but it is made clear in the books that she was ruthless until she overcame her brainwashing.

This wasn't made up for the movie, in the books BW was brainwashed by a corrupt part of the Russian goverment to be a spy/assasin and to hate America. One of her missions was to take down Tony Stark (or something). I don't recall specific killings from that time but it is made clear in the books that she was ruthless until she overcame her brainwashing.

The extent of the brainwashing is different depending on the story. I believe that the currently accepted origin is that the Red Room trained her and implanted her with a series of false memories, such as her being a ballerina, to make her more patriotic or angry at the West. It differentiates her from the Winter Soldier and such characters in that she essentially chose her path as an assassin and willingly committed her atrocities, even if her memories stacked the deck, so to speak.

The extent of the brainwashing is different depending on the story. I believe that the currently accepted origin is that the Red Room trained her and implanted her with a series of false memories, such as her being a ballerina, to make her more patriotic or angry at the West. It differentiates her from the Winter Soldier and such characters in that she essentially chose her path as an assassin and willingly committed her atrocities, even if her memories stacked the deck, so to speak.

Yes, her origin constantly changes. The ballerina aspect was gone for a while but seems to be back, in some origins she is heavily brainwashed from a child, in other she was 'tricked' into joining. That being said, the conversation with Loki isn't made up, it is/was a part of her origin.

I can't find any reference to a hospital fire or Drakov's daughter in Black Widow canon. By all means show me evidence to the contrary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"