The Dark Knight Rises What happened to the prologue?

I loved his voice all throughout the movie EXCEPT the prologue. It was SO much better in the original cut! I really wish they'd left it alone. This is a strange case in which there's actual proof that the complainers did kinda ruin it for everyone else, lol. Thankfully just that scene though.

I loved his voice all throughout the movie EXCEPT the prologue. It was SO much better in the original cut! I really wish they'd left it alone. This is a strange case in which there's actual proof that the complainers did kinda ruin it for everyone else, lol. Thankfully just that scene though.

Thats what I think, so now the complainers have to have their cake! It does seem strange in the prologue, but in the sewer fight personally I thought the sound of his voice with a few random breaths through the mask really made that scene.

Thats what I think, so now the complainers have to have their cake! It does seem strange in the prologue, but in the sewer fight personally I thought the sound of his voice with a few random breaths through the mask really made that scene.
Oh yeah, his voice in the sewer fight was unreal. Hardy was performing on another level in that whole scene.

I was just glad I understood the voice in the prologue, because I had a lot of trouble making it out when I saw M:I Ghost Protocol... the new version didn't bother me at all.

I LOVE the way Bane said:

"Members of the League Shadows. And you betrayed us!"

His voice sounded awesome in that bit.

That part was sick!

I agree with whoever said they should have left the beginning of the prologue alone and just re-dubbed the last part of the prologue. Having him become more theatrical in his voice as the theatrics and action in the plane got crazier.

Agreed. The new version of his audio was jarring. I guess Nolan took the complaints a bit too much to heart, because although I found the original mix to be a little hard to understand, I prefer it to the new one. Otherwise the voice was awesome.

Yeah it's so sinister the way Batmans growling on the back foot and Banes just delivering these lines in a calm calculated manner, you know Batmans in trouble right away!

I just think with the prologue perhaps the noise of the plane or something made it difficult for editing the vocals, but then again theres noise of water falling in the sewer scene and the vocals are fine there. Perhaps like someone said earlier it's simply a Nolan f*** you for all the complaints with the original prologue.

His voice became unbearable for me when Bane is reading Gordon's speech. I actually couldn't focus on what he was saying.

Seriously? That was BY FAR his best delivery of the entire film. The voice and Hardy himself were wonderful there.

AND DO YOU ACCEPT THIS MANS RESIGNATION?!

Personally, I think Hardy's performance in the prologue isn't half as good as anything the rest of the film. So for me, that's where the issue mostly lies. Yes, the audio is weird, but I chalk that up to the various elements there not being balanced out quite right. Hardy's dialogue is a series of short quips in the prologue scene, and he doesn't sell it as well, or with as much measured diction as he did in the rest of the film.

I suppose one good thing with the whole Bane vocals, we aren't getting the Batman voice issues like in TDK!

I suppose one good thing with the whole Bane vocals, we aren't getting the Batman voice issues like in TDK!
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Am I really the only one who thought the "WHO IS THE TRIGGER MAN???" line from Batman over and over wasn't hilarious because it sounded so awful? I actually think him doing the voice makes perfect sense because he doesn't want to be discovered, but that one scene made me cringe.

Nope, there were plenty of issues with Bale's levels in TDKR. There were several points where she sounds almost silly.

Loved the trigger part. You can tell the man was PISSED, i felt like he was about to end him right there, right after he found out where the trigger was

The new prologue audio sounded so horrible I couldn't believe it. It felt so disembodied that you could tell it was dubbed. The delivery of his lines was very goofy. They even cut off his dialogue at one point.

Was "crashing this plane" the only audio not redone?

I had no problem with his original audio except for the music overpowering it in parts. I loved the way he sound and the delivery of his lines.

I had a grin on my face when I first heard him speak back in December. This time I was like... wuh?

I can't believe Nolan gave in... :doh:

It's kind of funny that so many times we see our complaints fall to deaf ears, and when they are actually heard, the end result is more complaining. I hadn't watched the prologue in months so the theater experience didn't really effect me. I've been rewatching it lately though, I'll be paying attention when I see it again this week.

Thinking back to TDK's prologue, did anyone find Joker's final word "stranger" to be odd as well? The delivery felt completely produced.

The only line in the original prologue I had trouble with was "they expect one of us in the wreckage brother." The rest was 100% okay. People were whining to just whine. The new audio hurts the scene. A lot.

It's kind of funny that so many times we see our complaints fall to deaf ears, and when they are actually heard, the end result is more complaining.
It would be funny if the people who whined and demanded Bane's voice be "changed" were the same people complaining about the new goofy dub, but they aren't. I liked the original just fine and understood him perfectly, but now it's been ruined for me thanks to another vocal camp of people. Even if I didn't understand Bane i'd rather that than laughing or cringing at him, this "response" is a baffling one...

i too really, really disliked the new dub, and changes in lines. it made it far less dramatic. it really pisses me off that all those people *****ing about how they "couldnt understand" bane so much during the prologue over 6 months ago, that Nolan changed the voice AND lines, calling Hardy in to do a redub.
it was not necessary

I expected them to change the level on Bane's voice and the background sounds, but the way they changed the score was pretty lame, and the editing throughout the movie, the opening scene being not exception was an obvious hack job (to the point that I hope there is a Director's Cut to be made.)

I donno. I feel like whoever was in charge of editing "did" this movie hard in a bad way.

Definitely. The pacing and editing was atrocious... too bad Nolan swears against Director's Cuts :(

Definitely felt like a middle finger to the complainers (a lot of whom didn't even see the prologue legally!). In Nolan they really should have trusted.

The only thing better in this prologue is that Bane's throat punch to the Agent seemed more noticeable.

I saw a cam version of the prologue, so obviously the audio wasn't at its best, but I had trouble with quite a bit of what Hardy was saying. Didn't get the wreckage line, didn't get the noone cared who I was til I put on the mask bit...a few others I can't remember.

I admit the redub sounds quite a bit strange at times, but there are other parts of the film where Hardy goes too high as well, not just in the prologue. Either way, he was the second best villain in the series IMO.

I think the main problem is Bane's volume level has been raised too much in the prologue. It almost feels like he's narrating it rather than in the scene.

The rest of the movie is fine.

While less obnoxious throughout the rest of the film, Bane's voice felt weirdly tacked on to the audio track through out the film, not just during the prologue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"