BvS What HAS to be in it?

EssayM

Just A Guy
Reaction score
Aside from the obvious title character, what elements of the Batman mythos (be it characters, items, locations, ideas, anything really) do you think absolutely have to be in any Batman movie, reboot or not? Which do you consider basic requirements of a Batman story, things you would eternally hunt down the filmmakers for not including? What, in your view, are the constants of Batman's universe?

Nothing other than a few key elements. Such as a supporting cast of Alfred and Gordon. A dark tone. A balance of serious psychological elements within the character of Bruce Wayne and fun action. Humor and comedy or even goofy moments are welcomed as long as it's balanced with serious themes and characterization. Because Batman is a creature of the night, born from tragedy and should inflict fear.

That's all I ask. That's the essence of Batman. It's VERY simple stuff. Everything else is up to the writers. I don't care what else they do.

I don't care how his journey progresses, how it ends (if it does). Which is the way it should be because you should never put limitations on any story. As long as they follow the guidelines of Batman being a dark character that has a level of seriousness attached.

Joker at some point. I agree he's overused, but there is no Batman without joker.

As much I absolutely love loner-Batman, I think the next films need to establish an interesting, well-defined cinematic Robin. Because the audience has yet to get one.

My previous post was just about general Batman movies. But as for the reboot, what I feel HAS to be in there, only in order to separate itself from Nolan's movies (unless theyre going Beyond so soon)...is this...

Sidekicks (Robin, Harley Quinn).

Strong emphasis on Bruce as the world's greatest detective. And...

3 key villains that Nolan didn't use. Riddler/Penguin/Freeze.

It's super important to treat them seriously. Riddler is a goddamn marketing wet dream for Warner Brothers. Freeze is a joke in the eyes of too many people who never seen the animated series. And Penguin is IMO the most important villain that hasn't been on the big screen since the 90s + we need to see the more grounded Oswald that he always was in the source material.

1. A proper Robin story arc. Ideally, I'd like to see Dick Grayson's transition from Robin to Nightwing. In my view, if WB is going to keep kicking around the buzz word "DC Universe" then expand it properly.

2. The Riddler, the Penguin, and Mr. Freeze getting a PROPER on screen treatment. IMO, Arkham City really nailed all three.

3. Switch up the suit a bit. Personally, I'd like to see the black and gray. I love the designs of Year One and Hush (yes I know Hush has blue in it too).

4. A darker Gotham City. It doesn't have to be over the top-Gothic, but I want it to be dirtier than the Nolan series.

5. I wouldn't mind the Oracle being in the series. In fact, how great would Barbara Gordon-Joker scene ala The Killer Joke be? Again, if your bad place bent on expanding the DC Universe, EXPAND it.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but remember the threads not about what you would like to see, it's what you feel HAS to be in a Batman series (reboot too).

I don't think Oracle is a must, even if it would be different.

Gotham should be dirtier, yeah. We both agree on the villains too, as they were done very well in Arkham City. I think Pain and Prejudice is the way to go with Penguin. He's a MUST for the reboot.

Introduced in World's Finest:

-New suit (preferably grey/black, with little rubber)
-New Alfred
-New Cave
-Establish new rules (metahumans)

In Batman series-
Tim as Robin
Jason as Red Hood
Dick as Nightwing (expanded in own film)
New Gordon
New Joker

Really don't want to see Red Hood or Tim Drake/Jason Todd. It needs to be Dick Grayson as Robin leading into Nightwing eventually.

This is a young Bats, he will not be a veteran with multiple Robins in his past or a grown up Jason Todd who's already been "killed".

I don't like Red Hood much. We don't need some Punisher-wannabe walking around in the new Batman movies.

It needs to be Dick Grayson as Robin leading into Nightwing eventually.

This. I'm fine with doing the Jason Todd/Tim Drake stuff too. But if they are going to adapt only one Robin, it must be Dick.

-No Bat-Family (they are for the follow ups)
-No Joker (introduce him in a later film.)
-No Luthor (l like him as a background presence; he's already been in enough of the live action films.)
-No Lucius Fox (at least in the capacity he was in Nolan's films. Just have him as a department head who has a handful of minutes of screentime.)

Who I Want to See:

-The Daily Planet Staff (at least Perry and Lois.)
-Gordon and Harvey Bullock-In-All-But-Name (I understand rights are an issue with the films; hence we have Lt. Stephens in TDK, and John *Cough*Roland Daggett in TDKR,)

*This sort of connects to the what-do-you-want-to-see thread, but, I would add here: more evidence of Supergirl's presence. It does not mean a screen appearance, but evidence (i.e. dialogue, headline, or something.)
*A nod to Aquaman's presence. Or at least Themyscira.

Why does that have to be in the Batman movies?? I say keep that **** out.

I would just love to see Joker in more than one Batman film that is all.

Also maybe one of these scenes..

Barbara-Gordon-Shot.jpg

joker2.jpg

A tough, fast, agile and mean bats who has been operating for some time now. He has to be experienced to either be a convincing threat to Superman or a convincing team mate.

I'm on the fence about the Joker, I wouldn't mind hom but i'd much rather have a good Two-Face or maybe even Man-Bat?It's a shame Ra's is out (main villain in TDK trilogy) he could really be a global threat to involve Superman. I'm sure they'll use some Kryptonian tech, maybe Bruce get's his hands on some ( a suit maybe?). We saw a satelite, Brother Eye?

I cant stand Man-Bat. He's basically Dr. Conners/The Lizard.

For the first solo Batman film after the whole Superman/Batman thing:

-Introduction of Dick Grayson with him becoming Robin at the end.
-Penguin and Black Mask as the villains in a turf war over Gotham with somebody more fantastical like Grundy or Killer Croc as a henchman.
-Leslie Tompkins, she can take the place of Lucius as the "comic book supporting character your average stiff has never heard of getting their due on the screen."
-I want Arkham to exist and for there to be hints that some of the rogues have already been active and are locked up in it. We don't need to see them, just drop references.
-Some sort of build up to a sequel with Joker and Harley Quinn.

I NEED Alfred. Maybe Gordon. The rest I can do without.

I NEED Alfred. Maybe Gordon. The rest I can do without.

100%

Also once u start bringing in Robin..you really start making the film into some kiddie flic that might as well be a cartoon...Robin just leads to an inevetible amount of cornyness.
Batman in the movies alone is best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"