WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MARVEL AT THE MOMENT - MY 2,500th POST

iloveclones said:
All I can tell you, BlackKnight1, is that when I see title headers like this one, I make up in my mind a list who's probably going to come by and ruin it. Is it coincidence that I'm usually spot on?

Many of those times that a thread is ruined I am sure you can go back and find that it was fine until a person was insulted for no reason, such as this one. Nothing was happening, there where no negative posts until all people who complain about NA were called ******ed.

Perhaps, there would be fewer negative posts if others didn't decide to insult people.

Also on the flip side, I can always predict who is going to say that a marvel comic is great. And I am almost always spot on in that as well.

BlackKnight1 said:
Also on the flip side, I can always predict who is going to say that a marvel comic is great. And I am almost always spot on in that as well.

iloveclones, jewishhobbit, and any no0b with a spiderman avatar; from what i've seen.

euroq said:
Weren't Teen Titans DC's answer to Marvel's X-Men anyway? :)

the Xmen were Marvel's answer to Doom Patrol. but anyways, who cares?

the only titles i like, at the moment, are Supreme Power and Young Avengers.

iloveclones said:
I don't go to gaming boards because I don't like video games. Just like I wouldn't go to a DC board if I didn't like DC, or an Astonishing X-Men thread if I didn't like Astonishing X-men, or a thread titled What I Love About Marvel At The Moment if I didn't love anything about Marvel at the moment.

But you see, people do like things about marvel so why should then not come here, that arguement is invalid, and then they get the if you complain about NA your a ****** statement which is a negative post in and of itself. End of a story.
Call a spade a spade.

I am not saying that somepeople don't go around looking for threads to flame, but then again, if you insult people you are asking for it.

If you want to think that people that post negative posts about things then don't like are the bad guys go right ahead. But I have seen more spit and hatefulness from the so-called postive posters many times.

Muze said:
iloveclones, jewishhobbit, and any no0b with a spiderman avatar; from what i've seen.

the Xmen were Marvel's answer to Doom Patrol. but anyways, who cares?

the only titles i like, at the moment, are Supreme Power and Young Avengers.

Marcchamp as well..

But he didn't say anyone who didn't like NA was ******ed???

Though i do agree using that word regardless of context is flamebait.

jewishhobbit said:
I love that this thread has stayed posative and that we have had quite a few people saying that they enjoy such things as House of M and New Avengers,... where as in other threads it's constant criticizing with people saying how it all sucks and that no one likes them. I guess it comes down to "Those who yell loudest are the most obvious, though they're ******ed."

I think it was Ghandi who said that.

Take a good look at he mentions HOM and NA and then goes on to call peopel who criticize them ******ed.

And yes that is exactly what I was trying to explain to iloveclones was that if you post like this you are asking to be flamed. But it is like trying to explain Algebra to a 5 year old, it just does not seem to be happening.

I think the central point should be that really posting phrases like that is asking for trouble.

But saying those who yell their criticisms the loudest (ie those who constantly ***** on and on which doesn't happen much anymore I should say) is ******ed is completely different from saying everyone who doesn't like the book is ******ed which is what you said at the start.

Regardless though your main point that it only causes trouble is (IMO) correct.

gildea said:
I think the central point should be that really posting phrases like that is asking for trouble.

But saying those who yell their criticisms the loudest (ie those who constantly ***** on and on which doesn't happen much anymore I should say) is ******ed is completely different from saying everyone who doesn't like the book is ******ed which is what you said at the start.

Regardless though your main point that it only causes trouble is (IMO) correct.

Yes I think I got sidetracked onto the NA thing whe iloveclones stared into the if video games and all his weird anology stuff that had no baring on what I was saying.

But yes you are correct in what I was trying to point out, and also that many times the so-called inocent is actually the person who created the mess in the first place and/or is making it worse.

BlackKnight1 said:
But it is like trying to explain Algebra to a 5 year old, it just does not seem to be happening.

Yes, I see how you valiantly try to keep the conversation on an adult level. My bad.

Muze said:

What a bitter little person you are.

Wow, this thread turned to s**t rather fast.

iloveclones said:
Yes, I see how you valiantly try to keep the conversation on an adult level. My bad.

And you prove to me again that talking to you is like to talking to a 5 year old.

Can't except he is wrong. 5 year old check : iloveclones check
Acts like he or his friends never can do a wrong. 5 year old check : iloveclones check

you know it was just metaphor, but it was nice of you to prove it.

Anubis said:
Wow, this thread turned to s**t rather fast.

Yep and we have the usually suspect to thank... iloveclones, and others, who then say they have nothing to do with and hate people who derail threads.

I know I helped to derail it, but I get so tired of people who insult others then when they are called for it cry foul..

Muze said:

trying to say something???

:rolleyes:

Glad to see so much positivity in the thread - isn't it nice when we all just... get along?

- ISM

i'm Spider-Man said:
trying to say something???

:rolleyes:

Glad to see so much positivity in the thread - isn't it nice when we all just... get along?

- ISM

the truth hurts. don't be ashamed of being an overly positive person. :up:

aside: would love to see how supportive of marvel he'd be if they killed Spiderman.

You know what's funny? Some ass comes along an' ruins a thread, but instead of movin' it on, everyone else complains about th' ass who ruined th' thread. Why can't anyone just quote said ass, say "You're an ass" an' then move on with th' theme of th' thread, payin' no mind to any further retort?

Because everyone will retort that the guy is an @$$ for calling the other guy...an @$$... it's a vicious cycle. Like Mojo Jojo with the runs.

Wolvie, if you've ever run into jPlaya on teh Batman vs. the Marvel Universe thread... you'd understand. truly.

Muze, as for your little idea....

I wouldn't mind.

HA! guess you weren't expecting that?

I know what you're thinking... with a screename like "I'm Spider-Man", i must be pretty fixated on him? nonono. In fact, The only Spidey title i buy is HoM Spider-Man. Which'll be over in a month or two anyway. After that, It's going to be New Avengers and that's about it.

I'm finding all these new heroes and loving most of them - to be honest, until i heard about teh Spider-Man moie and actually started READING comic books, I hardly knew any apart from the "popular" characters - some X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and Iron Man. Wasn't really aware of Captain America!

Congrats Homey!! Good Thread Idea.:up:

New Avengers: Great stuff!! like the mix of heroes except Wolverine.

Runaways: A breath of fresh air, Damn it's that original!

Dare Devil: As much as I hate Bendis....I gotta give it to the punk! DD is a gem.

Young Avengers: Love it! Jim Cheung rules! a bit of a ripoff but what character isn't?

Captain America: Amazing!! Brubaker/Epting I can't express the love I have for this book.

Marvel Team-up: Kirk!!!! Man!!! the true essence of Marvel (not Bendis)

She-Hulk: Dan Slott...If only Marvel would wake up and see the real Future in Slott and Kirkman these guys are the true Believers Excelsior!

Punisher: Ennis/Frank match made in heaven! Bradstreet screw Alex Ross.

Ultimates: The best thing to happen to the Avengers! Sam Jackson as Fury?freaking genius!!

Truth(Red,white&Black): Just look at the size of Joey Q's cojones.

Make mine Marvel B___ches!!

:ghost:

BlackKnight1 said:
Marcchamp as well..
That's DA Champ, mother ****er, don't forget it.

I love how you drag me into a **** storm for no apparent reason. I've answered this before. I don't buy very much that I dislike, and when I DO, it's usually dropped swiftly. There's plenty at Marvel I don't like:

The return of so many X-Books
Milligan's X-Men
Continuity errors
Sins Past (for the most part)
Mike Deodato compared to JR

The thing is, I come on these boards to talk about what I like, not ***** incessantly, like some OTHER people.

Marcdachamp said:
That's DA Champ, mother ****er, don't forget it.

Champ of what? Getting your s**t pushed in mother ****er? heh, just kidding.

i'm Spider-Man said:
Wolvie, if you've ever run into jPlaya on teh Batman vs. the Marvel Universe thread... you'd understand. truly.

Muze, as for your little idea....

I wouldn't mind.

HA! guess you weren't expecting that?

yeah. before i had a sliver of respect for you because i thought you were a diehard fan of the character. thanks for revealing yourself as a poseur.

i'm Spider-Man said:
I know what you're thinking... with a screename like "I'm Spider-Man", i must be pretty fixated on him? nonono. In fact, The only Spidey title i buy is HoM Spider-Man. Which'll be over in a month or two anyway. After that, It's going to be New Avengers and that's about it.

what i'm thinking is that i'm actually a real fan of Ant-Man and i can't read about him because of New Avengers.

i'm Spider-Man said:
I'm finding all these new heroes and loving most of them - to be honest, until i heard about teh Spider-Man moie and actually started READING comic books, I hardly knew any apart from the "popular" characters - some X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and Iron Man. Wasn't really aware of Captain America!

great. welcome to comics. i hope you find a character that you really really like.

-----------
i read
the Ultimates

i enjoy
Supreme Power
and
Young Avengers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"