What if Joel Schumacher directed a Fantastic Four movie?

if he had his way (with no interference from producers) then it might actually have been a good movie. he gets a lot of flack for making the Batman movies uber campy but he really had no choice...

...if you look at his non-Batman films, they're all quite dark and gritty...which is probably why he agreed to Batman 3 (thinking he could do a dark Batman).

if he had his way (with no interference from producers) then it might actually have been a good movie. he gets a lot of flack for making the Batman movies uber campy but he really had no choice...

...if you look at his non-Batman films, they're all quite dark and gritty...which is probably why he agreed to Batman 3 (thinking he could do a dark Batman).

yeah seriously... heck it might even be BETTER.

his recent movies prove hes a good director.

i'd put Schumacher, as a director, far above Tim Story...

Yes, he did. Warner Bros. NEVER told Schumacher to...

- Make the films campy (they wanted an action figure commercial)
- Add nipples, and ass shots
- Make the B&R script nothing but puns
- Having flashing neon lights everywhere
- Make B&R basically one big gay fashion show

Lost Boys, Flatliners, Falling Down, the Client, a Time to Kill, Tigerland, Phonebooth, Phantom of the Opera, the Number 23 > Barbershop & Taxi

Lost Boys, Flatliners, Falling Down, the Client, a Time to Kill, Tigerland, Phonebooth, Phantom of the Opera, the Number 23 > Barbershop & Taxi

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. :up:

Tigerland is by far one of the most accurate film portrayals of military life I've seen. I can't say anything for the era, because I wasn't around, but that film spoke volumes to me.

Who would play the Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, and the other characters and villains? What would the costumes look like? What would the dialog be like? What would the whole film,everything in it, be like?

Yes, he did. Warner Bros. NEVER told Schumacher to...

- Make the films campy (they wanted an action figure commercial)
um...action figure commercials aren't campy/corny???

- Make the B&R script nothing but puns
- Having flashing neon lights everywhere
these 2 contribute to WB wanting a more kid friendly Batman...

- Add nipples, and ass shots
- Make B&R basically one big gay fashion show
these don't add to the kid friendly factor, but it's kind of a homage to the original Batman & Robin tv show w/Adam West....which was also kid friendly. he could've left out the "gayness" but he still couldn't have made the Batman he really wanted to with WB looking over his shoulder. it's not as if WB gave him total freedom and he decided to make Batman crappy....he had restrictions that he had to work around.

i, personally, believe he made Batman & Robin as bad as it was...knowing the fans were going to be outraged so they could restart the franchise (ala Batman Begins). for a while, after B&R, Schumacher wanted to make a faithful Year One adaptation...

i, personally, believe he made Batman & Robin as bad as it was...knowing the fans were going to be outraged so they could restart the franchise (ala Batman Begins). for a while, after B&R, Schumacher wanted to make a faithful Year One adaptation...

I seriously doubt he had that much foresight. While I don't blame him entirely for B&R, I refuse to believe royally ****ing up the franchise was part of a ingenius plot to bring us Begins.

i know he didn't think of "Batman Begins" when he made Batman & Robin...but i really do think he made B&R bad with the intention of ending the franchise, so it could hopefully be reborn...

Don't make two threads with almost identical topics. It's idiotic.

I don't know, man. I give him credit for actually being a good director, and certainly capable of helming a good Batfilm.

But that amount of foresight I think is a little out there.

I always thought B&R was a spiteful, "**** YOU!" to WB for interfering so much in his film making.

why don't we compare comic book movies?

FF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Batman and Robin

Jack Rabbit's avvy makes me want a Joss Whedon F4 movie.
Anyway, I cant imagine that any of the other movies Schumacher has done (meaning all but his Batman "films") are proof that he would do the F4 any good. Then again, Barbershop and Taxi arent really proof that Story could do the F4 either.

i think that schumancher is a good director, but i can't do comicbook movies i tried to make it as close as the comic but it ended up so bad

Admittedly, Schumacher isnt a bad director. Prior to his horrid Batman & Robin effort (I don't consider Batman Forever a bad film), he seemed like a good fit following what Tim Burton had established with the Batman film universe. I believe Schumacher could have possibly made a good FF film, but just as long as he was kept in line.

why don't we compare comic book movies?

FF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Batman and Robin

OK, lets... they both suck. Both films are poor interpretations of a classic comic book.

Schumacher has made some good films. His career can't be defined simply by Batman and Robin. He also directed Batman Forever which isn't a bad film. It has major flaws but it's a helluva lot better than FF or FF2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"