Justice League What if Justice League bombs?

*see's title of topic.....walks in....see's horrifying words*

notlistening2.gif

*RUNS AWAY!!*

You can't run away from the inevitable. :argh:

:o

I have utter faith in WB to screw up any comic book property outside of Batman. While I hope they start getting it right i'm worried that they seem to be rushing all this out to compete with Marvel rather than just making a solid plan and sticking to it. Marvel got the jump on them while proving you can develop lesser known characters and now they are being reactionary.
They need to quit worrying about what Marvel is doing and just start ground zero of JL with MOS. Bad thing is Snyder is hit and miss as well. As a geek i'm pretty sure I will really like MOS but i'm not sure it will be a "success" in WB's eyes.
I just have a bad feeling about the whole JL thing when they set a 2015 date just to compete with Avengers II rather than have a vision of their own.

Oh, I said this in the MoS thread. My friends friend heads up a department at consumer products at Warner Bros. He doesn't have the script, but just a rumor that got to him.

Even if it is, that's fine since it's only a first draft. The Avengers was first written by Zak Penn, until Whedon came along and rewrote the script.

El Mayimbe over at Latino Review supposedly has the script, and he hasn't said anything negative about it. Perhaps he'd get in trouble for that, but I'm not sure.

Even if it is, that's fine since it's only a first draft. The Avengers was first written by Zak Penn, until Whedon came along and rewrote the script.

El Mayimbe over at Latino Review supposedly has the script, and he hasn't said anything negative about it. Perhaps he'd get in trouble for that, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, it is a first draft. I'm just worried how its being rushed and may not be fully developed.

Yeah, it is a first draft. I'm just worried how its being rushed and may not be fully developed.

I think it's running on a similar schedule to The Avengers in the development process. I wouldn't worry yet... expect things to go into overdrive after Man of Steel is a huge success.

I think it's running on a similar schedule to The Avengers in the development process. I wouldn't worry yet... expect things to go into overdrive after Man of Steel is a huge success.

I want this to succeed. There's a lot of other stuff to worry about now.

Except the writer for Justice League was hired 4 years before the release year. Joss was hired to do a page one rewrite less than 2 years before Avengers came out.

But Avengers did have a bit of a headstart since all of their characters were already cast beforehand besides Ruffalo and Smulders. Justice League has one, maybe three members cast. But still, we're still over 2 years away, there's plenty of time.

I can tell in the avengers. The script was crap. If he made anymore 80,000 to write that crap. I mean just look at the simple tone of the script. Heroes come together. Fight like 5 year old during a natural crisis. Dumb down loki to the point of embarrassment. Turn every hero into tony stark. It felt as though whedon never even saw the other movies because all their characters were dumbed down and not anything close to who they were in the other movies. Just writing this now I'm shaking my head. It sucked. Just a bunch of one liners from everyone. Outside of great visuals and the hulk in a fight scene the script was as bad as batman and robin. PERIOD!!!!

I didn't like it either. But I've never liked Whedon aside from things he had small contributions to like Toy Story or Roseanne. I still got 5 great lead-up movies beforehand.

But he pulled something together other people liked, I don't see why someone else can't do the same with more time. Except this time I hope I'm in the group that does enjoy it.

I can tell in the avengers. The script was crap. If he made anymore 80,000 to write that crap. I mean just look at the simple tone of the script. Heroes come together. Fight like 5 year old during a natural crisis. Dumb down loki to the point of embarrassment. Turn every hero into tony stark. It felt as though whedon never even saw the other movies because all their characters were dumbed down and not anything close to who they were in the other movies. Just writing this now I'm shaking my head. It sucked. Just a bunch of one liners from everyone. Outside of great visuals and the hulk in a fight scene the script was as bad as batman and robin. PERIOD!!!!

This post is one big epic fail :down

Jealousy of what?

I'm sorry, it just comes across as a huge case of sour grapes when a DC fan pisses on Marvel's $1.5 B grossing, 92% tomato meter, A+ Cine-scoring mega-hit.

Last edited:
You're assuming that he even likes TDKR.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, it just comes across as a huge case of sour grapes when a DC fan pisses on Marvel's $1.5 B grossing, 92% tomato meter, A+ Cine-scoring mega-hit.

It is possible to just not like it. If he is just being jealous, yeah, that's silly. But if he genuinely didn't care for it, the amount of money it made, the Tomatometer, and cinescore don't matter a lick.

Again, you're just assuming. Do you even know that he is, strictly, a DC fan?

I am more of a DC fan but I hold no type of prejudice to any movie. I like all Superhero movies. My favorite being a toss up between Spiderman 2, blade, and batman begins. So I have nothing against neither of them. I just went into the avengers like every fan at midnight ready to see this supposed epic and I was extremely pissed at how bland and below average it was. I really sat in the movie about halfway through ready to go home because of how predictable and so close to the chest they played it. I mean all of the movie was in the trailer. All of it! So who cares if I like DC or Marvel or what movies I liked. I hated the avengers not because of marvel but because it sucked. I loved begins and liked the dark knight and thought tdkr was just okay. I just want to see a movie where since these writers and produces are everyone involved is making so much money put out the best effort forward and the avengers was not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"