What if Nicolas Cage became the DCEU Superman?

The Lazarus Pit

The Boy Wonder
Reaction score
I’d love to see an older Superman, and who better to play him than Mister Superman Lives himself, Nicolas Cage? I’d love to see him finally don the costume and fight alongside Michael Keaton’s Batman. I’ve been reading a lot of Golden and Silver Age stories with Earth Two Superman, and I think Nicolas Cage would forking kill it as that version of the character. I know most people wouldn’t be down for this, but I think Nicolas Cage is a national treasure and would deliver a memorable and unique performance as Superman. His reverence for the character would ensure that he would turn in a respectful performance, and when Cage is dialed into a character, he’s unparalleled.

4B45BF48-7AD9-4E82-B5A7-4171310E56D2.jpeg EFBA5574-714D-4840-88E4-F546E7EE4BBD.jpeg

I'd be down for that.

One of my favourite actors playing one of my favourite comic book characters. Of course I'd be down for that.

I’d love to see an older Superman, and who better to play him than Mister Superman Lives himself, Nicolas Cage? I’d love to see him finally don the costume and fight alongside Michael Keaton’s Batman. I’ve been reading a lot of Golden and Silver Age stories with Earth Two Superman, and I think Nicolas Cage would ****ing kill it as that version of the character. I know most people wouldn’t be down for this, but I think Nicolas Cage is a national treasure and would deliver a memorable and unique performance as Superman. His reverence for the character would ensure that he would turn in a respectful performance, and when Cage is dialed into a character, he’s unparalleled.

View attachment 54017 View attachment 54016
If Cage were to have played Superman right after Con Air - a little more gym more in the process, he would have been straight up

Man_of_Tomorrow_No1.jpg

Those pictures, I had never seen before and they kind of jar me as Cage is a superman fan but in those pictures his pose, the confidence is lost on me.
I've seen it posted before that the idea of Gerard Christopher portraying the 'Donnerverse inspired' superboy then Superman of the 'Burtonverse' - he does still look in great shape and is mature - I prefer that than Routh.

Has anyone thought about Dean Cain or has he lost some love recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"