BvS What if this movie came out in the 90's with Reeve/Keaton?

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
Greetings. So, while we're all chomping at the bit for news on this movie I thought this might be a fun thread to talk about. A significant part of me keeps wondering what it would have been like if the Batman/Superman movie had been made in the 90s.

I'd like to think if Reeve had never had that accident then WB definitely would have put something in motion. It probably would've taken place after Burton's Batman Returns and Keaton would've reprised the role. Reeve still would;'ve been young enough to reprise the role and I think it really could have been something magical having Keaton's Batman meet Reeve's Superman and would've been a pop culture phenomenon (much like it's becoming now).

What do you guys think the movie would've been like at that time? Who would've directed it? Richard Donner? Burton? Would it have been successful? Would it have been Nicholas Cage as Superman instead? Love to hear your thoughts.

I think it would have been wildly successful, and the dialogue would have made us cringe now.

With the success of B89 and BR, Burton most likely would have been offered thr director job, but not sure he would have taken it. Reeves reprising his role...not sure he would have, but it would have been interesting to see Reeves and Keaton play off each other!

Would have liked to see Reeves in a Superman Lives type suit (classic colors with a cape mind you- im mainly referring to the molded muscle look).

^ No thanks. :barf: I don't want to taint any of my memories of Reeve's Supes with that image.

A scene from "Speechless" will the closest you'll get to seeing Reeve and Keaton play off of each other on screen. A shame there isn't any clips of that moment posted on YT.

With the success of B89 and BR, Burton most likely would have been offered thr director job, but not sure he would have taken it. Reeves reprising his role...not sure he would have, but it would have been interesting to see Reeves and Keaton play off each other!

It would be the best and greatest Comic book movie ever.

Would have been better than the film we're getting.

Love Henry but he's not let on Reeve's level. Also Keaton's Batman is badass. Wonder Woman wouldn't have been forced in the film. Also as much as I like Snyder, Burton is better.

Lastly Hackman would have returned as Lex. Better than ****ing Jesse Lex.

Last edited:
review_keatonbat_17.jpg

Would have been better than the film we're getting.

Love Henry but he's not let on Reeve's level. Also Keaton's Batman is badass. Wonder Woman wouldn't have been forced in the film. Also as much as I like Snyder, Burton is better.

Lastly Hackman would have returned as Lex. Better than ****ing Jesse Lex.

Well I'm glad you're one to give things a chance.

Given the difference in release dates of both of their first movies, sometimes I forget that Keaton was actually older than Reeve.

I would've loved to see a team-up between the two of them.

Well, I can guarantee the costumes wouldn't have looked as cool. :o

It definitely wouldn't have taken itself as seriously as MoS or TDK. Which is either a great or a bad thing depending on how you prefer your Superhero flicks.

Imagine if Arnold Schwarzenegger and Uma Thurman did a superhero movie together.

Imagine if Arnold Schwarzenegger and Uma Thurman did a superhero movie together.

It would obviously be much better than this stinking pile of horse ****. #LEVITICUZlogic

That pic with the action figures is so cool and makes me wish that a team-up movie had come out with Reeve & Keaton.

I also prefer it when Supes is taller than Batman. :p

The Reeve figure looks like he just arrived to back his buddy up in a bar fight. The Keaton one even has the blood on his mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"