Sequels What If..

PeterBenParker

Wallopin' Websnappers!
Reaction score
Hello everybody, newbie PeterBenParker here! Since this is my first thread on the Spider-Man thread (as well as on the site), I'd like to raise a question:

How would you, fans or not, feel about Marvel Studios purchasing the Spider-Man rights some time during The Amazing Spider-Man franchise but keeping the cast and crew of the series and just continuing the story under their helm?

Mind you, this isn't meant to be realistic or non-realistic (hence the title) but just a simple question.

Discussions are welcome, just interested to see what you guys think. :)

Would be fantastic!!

But unfortunately, Marvel has stated that they wouldn't do anything with Spider-Man in films for awhile.

I prefer Spidey stay at Sony. I'd love for a deal to be struck where he could be a part of the MCU somehow, but nothing beyond that at ths point in time.

- At Sony he'll get more films being the breadwinner for that studio. At Marvel Studios he'd probably get lost in the shuffle of their planned out phases. He possibly wouldn't be seen until late Phase 3 or even until Phase 4..

And I don't want Marvel anywhere near the character until they get that horrible hatchet job of a cartoon off XD. They just don't understand what to do with the character in 2013. In the comics, in animation, and most likely on film as well.

I prefer Spidey stay at Sony. I'd love for a deal to be struck where he could be a part of the MCU somehow, but nothing beyond that at ths point in time.

- At Sony he'll get more films being the breadwinner for that studio. At Marvel Studios he'd probably get lost in the shuffle of their planned out phases. He possibly wouldn't be seen until late Phase 3 or even until Phase 4..

And I don't want Marvel anywhere near the character until they get that horrible hatchet job of a cartoon off XD. They just don't understand what to do with the character in 2013. In the comics, in animation, and most likely on film as well.

I completely agree with your last statement! In my opinion, Ultimate Spider-Man is atrocious and the comics (616 mainly) are irritating.

I am also for Spidey staying at Sony, but I'd take any chance I could if Sony/Marvel could strike a deal where Spider-Man is technically in the MCU with the likes of Iron Man and Captain America, but be on his own for the most part.

Yeah, I lean more towards stay with Sony because I like Spidey being solo. Hate how all kids shows, comics, etc. have him team up with other heroes and eventually becomes the side focus near the end of the story.

I would love to hear references though like:

-"This just in Stark Industries has bought out Trask Industries." and it would show a press conference on the TV, but Peter turns off the TV.

-Norman Osborn mentions General Ross looking forward to the results of the super formula.

-Spidey is fighting the Sinister Six through out the city. Tony Stark is up in Stark Towers just watching out the window. Pepper comes in asking if he's going to do something. Tony replies back, "No. The kids got it."

Those are just some ideas.

Yeah, I lean more towards stay with Sony because I like Spidey being solo. Hate how all kids shows, comics, etc. have him team up with other heroes and eventually becomes the side focus near the end of the story.

I would love to hear references though like:

-"This just in Stark Industries has bought out Trask Industries." and it would show a press conference on the TV, but Peter turns off the TV.

-Norman Osborn mentions General Ross looking forward to the results of the super formula.

-Spidey is fighting the Sinister Six through out the city. Tony Stark is up in Stark Towers just watching out the window. Pepper comes in asking if he's going to do something. Tony replies back, "No. The kids got it."

Those are just some ideas.

That could probably work.

I'd be happy if Marvel purchased Spider-Man film rights and kept the current crew.

But I'm also satisfied with where the series is going at Sony so... it's not entirely necessary in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"