What if... ?

Peyton Westlake

the Dark Avenger
Reaction score
Here is a new idea for a thread I wanted to start.
I'm simply calling it WHAT IF ?
The purpose is to come up with an idea or scenario, no matter how crazy , and get peoples feedback or improvements.
WHAT IF ? can be done on any topic, I chose movies as a starting point to see how & where it goes.
When the topic runs its course...I will simply start another.
So here we go :
WHAT IF .... The Terminator [Arnold's version] was dispatched to a distant time to track down & kill John Connor only to find the time he has jumped to was an apocalypse landscape overrun by zombies?
Both John & the Terminator having to fight off zombies trying to kill them while fighting off each other in the process.
I would have John & the Terminator form an unlikely alliance to fight off the zombie plague.
Towards the end a helicopter from Connor's rebels finds them both & pulls in John to the helicopter [get to the choppaa!] leaving the Terminator to die as he is swarmed by zombies.
John's only response...He'll be back.

Good idea or any improvements?

Last edited:
Terminator and zombies?
Maybe Terminator versus Werewolves.
the technological against the feral.

this one is based on one of the DC Elseworlds comic so not mine but I would love to see it:

What if...Kal El's ship landed out of Gotham City and the Waynes adopted him, named him Bruce and when parents get killed he grows up and becomes Batman but with all of Superman's abilities and none of the 'boy scout mentality'?

Terminator and zombies?
Maybe Terminator versus Werewolves.
the technological against the feral.

That is another twist you could use.
I just went with zombies because they use sheer numbers and could swarm a target in a second.

this one is based on one of the DC Elseworlds comic so not mine but I would love to see it:

What if...Kal El's ship landed out of Gotham City and the Waynes adopted him, named him Bruce and when parents get killed he grows up and becomes Batman but with all of Superman's abilities and none of the 'boy scout mentality'?

Good idea but I'd like to exhaust the 1st idea completely before jumping to another so quick.

I would not mind even seeing it as a made for video animated film like the other DC ones like JL: War, JL: Doom etc ;)

I would not mind even seeing it as a made for video animated film like the other DC ones like JL: War, JL: Doom etc ;)

Your idea is kind of the same as Superman : Red Son.
Superman: Red Son is a three-issue prestige format comic book mini-series published by DC Comics that was released under their Elseworlds imprint in 2003. Author Mark Millar created the comic with the premise "what if Superman had been raised in the Soviet Union?"

Your twist of having Batman makes it differ somewhat.

I remember that Elseworlds book.
it's one of my favorites.

I remember that Elseworlds book.
it's one of my favorites.

Your idea of werewolves could work.
Wolves do hunt in packs.
Not sure if there could be a planet just inhabited by werewolves but...

what if Lex Luther's father turned out to be Darkseid ( without lex even knowing it) , and Darkseid had planned every single event in the DC universe, ie, the destruction of Krypton, abin sur's crash, Barry's accident, Bruce Wayne's parent's death, etc etc, all to get the anti-live equation.
Because without the heroes ( and villains ) existing and doing what they do, it would never be found.
One event the heroes encounter in life leads to another, which leads to another, making the anti life equation closer for Darkseid to take.
And it the end, he uses Luther to get it.

Last edited:
That is a very deep story line with many religious implications.
Interesting one that merits consideration.

I'd make it so that it's taken Darkseid thousands of years of meticulous planning to finally have the anti-life equation in his grasp.
all the Greek Gods, the Egyptian Gods, Kryptonian Gods etc, all have a basis in fact because of Darkseid and his minions.
Maybe each hero and villain over time carried a little piece of it without even knowing, and the more evil and good each one did, the more the ALE rushes to a completion.

The story is you have a washing machine that is also a time machine...but because it's only a washing machine clothes are pretty much all you can send back.

Your idea is kind of the same as Superman : Red Son.
Superman: Red Son is a three-issue prestige format comic book mini-series published by DC Comics that was released under their Elseworlds imprint in 2003. Author Mark Millar created the comic with the premise "what if Superman had been raised in the Soviet Union?"

Your twist of having Batman makes it differ somewhat.

considering the time frame of the story in general (around the 40s) what if the Kents were white supremacists? Pa Kent is the Grand Wizard of his local chapter of the KKK and little Clark grows up in it, imagine the repercussions of that for America.

A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER - How the world would react if Superman really existed

excerpt: BUT CAN WE TRUST HIM?

Now usually at about this time some kind of super powered villain would appear to try to stop the Blue Boy Scout and failing that then some human evil genius like Lex Luthor would emerge to try take him out. In the last decade or so the comics and cartoons have portrayed Luthor more like a business man heading up multinational conglomerate Lexcorp. He even ran for President and won, so thats closer to my idea of a more realistic take on Superman but there's only one Lex Luthor in the comics. My scenario has no other super powered beings, it's just Superman and us. And a Lex Luthor type would emerge only it would be more like a thousand of him and they would all be leaders of various countries and multinational conglomerates. Instead of Lexcorp it would be Halliburton, Bechtel Group and the Lockheed Corporation.

As I stated earlier, the second Superman started upending the status-quo would be the second he'd become enemy number one all over the world. There are many people who profit very well from human misery and free and cheap labor and woe betide anyone who dares to change that, even the Man of Steel, especially him because he would be the only person who could effect meaningful change. And these leaders method for defeating Superman's efforts would be many and layered.

considering the time frame of the story in general (around the 40s) what if the Kents were white supremacists? Pa Kent is the Grand Wizard of his local chapter of the KKK and little Clark grows up in it, imagine the repercussions of that for America.

That would be a hell of a topic to tackle for DC. Im not sure they would want to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

WHAT IF ....? Ash of the Evil Dead has figured out that his past recitations from the Necronomicon was responsible for releasing 2 unstoppable evil forces in the form of Jason & Michael Myers.

It would explain their supernatural powers of strength, invulnerability & immortality.

Then Ash has to suit up to take them both on.

WHAT IF ...? there was a movie filmed surrounding the Jack the Ripper mystery in Victorian London that had a twist at the end of why he was never captured. The twist being he was the Terminator coming back in time to eradicate females who may have been connected to Sarah Connor.

The story is you have a washing machine that is also a time machine...but because it's only a washing machine clothes are pretty much all you can send back.

That explains why my socks keep disappearing.

Here is a new idea for a thread I wanted to start.
I'm simply calling it WHAT IF ?
The purpose is to come up with an idea or scenario, no matter how crazy , and get peoples feedback or improvements.
WHAT IF ? can be done on any topic, I chose movies as a starting point to see how & where it goes.
When the topic runs its course...I will simply start another.
So here we go :
WHAT IF .... The Terminator [Arnold's version] was dispatched to a distant time to track down & kill John Connor only to find the time he has jumped to was an apocalypse landscape overrun by zombies?
Both John & the Terminator having to fight off zombies trying to kill them while fighting off each other in the process.
I would have John & the Terminator form an unlikely alliance to fight off the zombie plague.
Towards the end a helicopter from Connor's rebels finds them both & pulls in John to the helicopter [get to the choppaa!] leaving the Terminator to die as he is swarmed by zombies.
John's only response...He'll be back.

Good idea or any improvements?

The zombies would eat all of the flesh from the T800's endoskeleton, then the Terminator would destroy them all. Zombies have no interest in metal.

I remember reading that issue. That would make for an awesome movie.

WHAT IF ...?

.... the Matrix trilogy had not ended with Neo's apparent death, but with him destroying the machines and in the process, finding out that the 'real world' is nothing but another simulation. That like a Russian Doll, there are simulations-within-simulations-within-simulations, and the one they're in is just one amongst an unknown number of layers above and below them.

But instead of telling Morpheus and the rest of humanity and destroying their hope, he sees the futility of their struggle and chooses to say nothing, letting them believe they are truly free again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"