What Is The Last Comic You've Read - Part 4

Your commitment is impressive. I don’t have the stamina to finish these even though I want to.
Thanks! Gaiman wrote this one much more recently (2013) as a prequel to the 1989 first volume Preludes and Nocturnes (but best read after the original ten volumes), to show how Dream got into the predicament that he's in at the start of the series. It's basically a mini Crisis event (Endless Crisis could have been another name for it!). It's unbelievably deep and complex (and I know, looking around the web, that I missed a ton of stuff in there). Definitely one for a reread!

Adventures of Superman (2013) 21-36

Superman Rebirth (2016) 1-7

(both rereads)

Superman Rebirth (2016) 8-9

The Multiversity: Mastermen (2015)

Adventures of Superman (2013) 37-48

Mostly rereads, though while I thought I had read all of Adventures of Superman before, I must have previously stopped before the end because I had never read Joe Keatinge's "Strange Visitor" story (#46-48) before, and hot damn, what a trip that was. Definitely a new favorite from that series for me.

Superman Rebirth (2016) 8-9

The Multiversity: Mastermen (2015)

Adventures of Superman (2013) 37-48

Mostly rereads, though while I thought I had read all of Adventures of Superman before, I must have previously stopped before the end because I had never read Joe Keatinge's "Strange Visitor" story (#46-48) before, and hot damn, what a trip that was. Definitely a new favorite from that series for me.
What did you think of Mastermen?

What did you think of Mastermen?
I wouldn't put it anywhere near my favorite things Morrison has written because it feels so...incomplete - like I just want to see more of this world and I think there's easily enough material there to justify several issues as there are multiple potentially interesting things just hinted at here. But as it is, it's certainly a solid one-shot, imo.

I wouldn't put it anywhere near my favorite things Morrison has written because it feels so...incomplete - like I just want to see more of this world and I think there's easily enough material there to justify several issues as there are multiple potentially interesting things just hinted at here. But as it is, it's certainly a solid one-shot, imo.
I have a bit of a love/hate thing with Morrison. I think he's extremely clever, but he doesn't quite 'work' for me. A few years ago I found The Multiversity trade reduced so I bought it. I really just wanted The Multiversity Guidebook for reference purposes, but as I'd bought it I thought I might as well tackle the whole thing. Jeez. Really not for me. I did like Mastermen though. But I totally agree, I wanted to see more of it.

I seem to remember reading that some of those one-shots were planned to be developed into limited series. I don't know if any of them ever were.

I have a bit of a love/hate thing with Morrison. I think he's extremely clever, but he doesn't quite 'work' for me. A few years ago I found The Multiversity trade reduced so I bought it. I really just wanted The Multiversity Guidebook for reference purposes, but as I'd bought it I thought I might as well tackle the whole thing. Jeez. Really not for me. I did like Mastermen though. But I totally agree, I wanted to see more of it.

I seem to remember reading that some of those one-shots were planned to be developed into limited series. I don't know if any of them ever were.
Yeah my relationship with Morrison is iffy because when I love him, I REALLY love him (All-Star Superman, his Action Comics, JLA and Batman runs remain all-time faves for me), but there's a large number of his stories that get so esoteric that they lose their enjoyment factor for me. I think when I just look at the stuff I like from him, it's probably safe to say I like him best when he's still working within the mainstream and "coloring inside the lines" at least a little bit, lol. Because his imagination is a glorious thing and I love seeing it applied to traditional superhero stories. But when he goes full bold and experimental Morrison, he tends to lose me somewhere along the way. I've never read all of Multiversity because that whole concept just holds little appeal to me, but of course I'm a Supes fanatic and there was no way I wasn't gonna read a Morrison story about Overman, lol. If this had been given the full Red Son-esque mini-series treatment, I could've really loved it, because frankly, I appreciate Morrison's views on Supes more than Millar's, so I think I would've found it to be more interesting and powerful than Red Son. But as it is, it's just a nice little one-shot I wish had been more than a one-shot.

Yeah my relationship with Morrison is iffy because when I love him, I REALLY love him (All-Star Superman, his Action Comics, JLA and Batman runs remain all-time faves for me), but there's a large number of his stories that get so esoteric that they lose their enjoyment factor for me. I think when I just look at the stuff I like from him, it's probably safe to say I like him best when he's still working within the mainstream and "coloring inside the lines" at least a little bit, lol. Because his imagination is a glorious thing and I love seeing it applied to traditional superhero stories. But when he goes full bold and experimental Morrison, he tends to lose me along the way.
Yep, that is it exactly! :funny:

TMNT 88 - 97, TMNT FCBD, Shredder In Hell 1 - 5

Almost done catching up with the Turtles.

TMNT 88 - 97, TMNT FCBD, Shredder In Hell 1 - 5

Almost done catching up with the Turtles.

I’ve been getting back into it recently. Beebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything was tough for me to get through

Reactions: NDX
I’ve been getting back into it recently. Beebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything was tough for me to get through
Yeah, that one was a bit of a cluster. But The Road is a better mini. Most of the other Bebop And Rocksteady stories are good though. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a fanboy of theirs.

Madame Xanadu: Broken House of Cards (issues 16 - 23 plus a short story from an annual)

JLA 59, 60

finished the run where Grayson Batman was the leader. That was a great lineup and some darn good stories. It was weird though how they in many ways outclassed most previous iterations of the Justice League but still were constantly disrespected as being a lesser lineup.

Batman #94
Static #1

I had never read a Static comic. I’m not sure what I think. It definitely has more a Marvel vibe than typical DC titles.

Fantastic Four #226
Daredevil #20
Private Eye Pug
Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Vol. 1
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Urban Legends #23
The Death-Defying 'Devil #5
Dead Day #1
The Guide to Hell
The Creeps #24
Two-Fisted Tales #10
Green Dante/Green Virgil #1

Action Comics (2011) #1-13 (re-read)