Justice League What is the minimum amount of heroes to call this movie "Justice League"

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
Kind of a left field question, but I want to know what people think. What heroes are required to make this movie function as a Justice League?

"League" implies many, but really only denotes multiple. I understand that when we get down to fewer than 4 there are different names, but who believes that Superman and Batman can start a Justice League on their own?

If they made a movie with:
Superman and Batman, would they have to call it World's Finest?
Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman would they have to call it Trinity?
All of the above and Aquaman does it have to be called Super Friends?

Does a JL film have to have The Flash? Does it have to have Green Lantern?

Really a league only has to have two members. Superman and Batman can team up prior to recruiting more members. To compete with Avengers however, maybe the team needs 5. What do you think makes it the Justice League?

For the First Justice League movie, it has to include A listers and most popular B lister super heroes like -

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern.

The others like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg are not that important.

it depends on the story and the build up to it, but I'd say at least 5.

I think 4 would be enough for WB to call it "Justice League".

You need Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and either Flash or Green Lantern. Obviously those 5 should be the JL, but I think they could get away with it if it was one or the other (Flash/GL).

There's no doubt in my mind, that if it came down to one of them, it would be Flash because of the failure that was GL-2011.

It's not the Justice League without the big 5. I'd like to see the big 7.

Hell, if they went the separate continuity way I'd love the "Doom" line-up and a two parter.

I don't really care about the original 7 or any lineup more than 5 unless it's for a sequel. But I don't really want to be thinking of a sequel when we haven't had the first one yet.

5 should be the lineup, but what could WB get away with as the JL? 4 I think.

But a JL movie without all the five would seem empty! :sad:

Though, honestly, I didn't really miss Hal in the Throne of Atlantis storyline that recently ended!

Apart from the trinity (Supes, Bats and WW) Flash is essential, it is what Marvel don't have.

Also, one more member will be added to have some diversity, then that could be Cyborg/ John Stewart or Martian Manhunter.

Either way the team would not be less than five members.

But a JL movie without all the five would seem empty! :sad:

Though, honestly, I didn't really miss Hal in the Throne of Atlantis storyline that recently ended!
Definitely empty but I still think they could get away with it cuz 4 superheroes is still a League of sorts. If you have a 5th member (which will happen) it needs to be some kind of Green Lantern. It's the personality, maybe the color of skin, and even the color green...honestly it all adds a balance even if some of that sounds silly. It's just fact.

Flash is a must though, 10 times more than Green Lantern I think. You just can't call it Justice League without Flash and the dynamic he brings.

Interestingly enough, they started filming Avengers before they found out the results of Captain America's box office numbers. I wonder what they would have done if it was a commercial/critical failure.

Definitely empty but I still think they could get away with it cuz 4 superheroes is still a League of sorts. If you have a 5th member (which will happen) it needs to be some kind of Green Lantern. It's the personality, maybe the color of skin, and even the color green...honestly it all adds a balance even if some of that sounds silly. It's just fact.

Flash is a must though, 10 times more than Green Lantern I think. You just can't call it Justice League without Flash and the dynamic he brings.

:up: Damn right.

And I say the film needs the original 7.

In order of importance:

1.) The Trinity of course
2.) The Flash
3.) Green Lantern
4.) Martian Manhunter
5.) Aquaman
6.) Maybe throw Hawkgirl or if you must, Cyborg, even though I'd rather not see him in JL at all and would rather save him for Teen Titans

I will take Martian Manhunter over Aquaman, Cyborg, and any other character not above him on that list. I say he has to be in the movie REGARDLESS of who they end up using, he must be in it in some capacity (and more than just a CAMEO!!!). He is the Nick Mason of the JLA, he has to be there. He should have a semi large role, either directly or indirectly. He's one of the most unique characters DC Comics has. I want to see him done like the JL/JLU show, but his costumed appearance is his true form.

That episode of JLU 'Task Force X" where the villains suddenly find themselves left alone with J'onn in the Watchtower is pure brilliance. I want moments like that on the screen for MM. 100 times cooler (and always cooler) than anything you could ever do with Aquaman, regardless of interpretation.

I think that's too much for the first movie but I agree with ur order.

I will say this though about MM. He can be more than a cameo in his disguise, John Jones. Played by Lance Reddick this would be unreal. I don't know if u watched LOST, but his character (who was spread across only a handful of episodes in the series, in small appearances) was extremely creepy, mysterious. If they can use MM as Jones where u don't know if he's an alien (Reddick gives that vibe lol) or a bad government official trying to cause trouble or a good guy who has their best interests.

That to me sounds fantastic. With a reveal at the end of his true self (he can be that secret character Nolan always likes to keep away from trailers like Ducard becoming Ras, Miranda becoming Talia, Blake becoming Robin, Dent turning into Two-Face).

Make it eerie but super bad-ass when he changes into MM.

I'd say 5 minimum, though it really depends on the story and why these characters are pulling together in the first place.

Yeah the story means more than the rest. I would like Hal or John for GL as member #5 but if it doesn't work for the story as good as WW or Flash, then I can do away with him I guess.

I kind of wish they put out a WW movie instead of GL least we could have had a Trinity movie.

I think that's too much for the first movie but I agree with ur order.

I will say this though about MM. He can be more than a cameo in his disguise, John Jones. Played by Lance Reddick this would be unreal. I don't know if u watched LOST, but his character (who was spread across only a handful of episodes in the series, in small appearances) was extremely creepy, mysterious. If they can use MM as Jones where u don't know if he's an alien (Reddick gives that vibe lol) or a bad government official trying to cause trouble or a good guy who has their best interests.

That to me sounds fantastic. With a reveal at the end of his true self (he can be that secret character Nolan always likes to keep away from trailers like Ducard becoming Ras, Miranda becoming Talia, Blake becoming Robin, Dent turning into Two-Face).

Make it eerie but super bad-ass when he changes into MM.

I'd have a seven member limit, personally. Hawkgirl, etc was there in case they insisted on doing more. But I like that idea for John Jones, although I am really hoping he shows up as Martian Manhunter more throughout. They shouldn't be ashamed of that character or feel like they have to hide him in his John Jones identity because of that you know. However, if they're only set on doing 5 and including another is pushing it, then definitely have him there as John Jones at least and maybe reveal who he really is later on at some point.

I kind of wish they put out a WW movie instead of GL least we could have had a Trinity movie.
Yeah what the hell is their problem? LOL. Green Lantern is the type of character you don't rush out. They should just get a Wonder Woman movie going right now, release it at the same time as World's Finest (or maybe it's called MOS 2 with a similar basis: Luthor, Bruce appears at the end). Then do JL.

I'd have a seven member limit, personally. Hawkgirl, etc was there in case they insisted on doing more. But I like that idea for John Jones, although I am really hoping he shows up as Martian Manhunter more throughout. They shouldn't be ashamed of that character or feel like they have to hide him in his John Jones identity because of that you know. However, if they're only set on doing 5 and including another is pushing it, then definitely have him there as John Jones at least and maybe reveal who he really is later on at some point.
They need a proper build up for a sequel. 7 is too much. 5 is perfect. You need added members for the sequel in order to do something different, in order to keep people like Bale, Snyder, Nolan, Goyer interested. They don't like repeating themselves. It keeps the audience on their toes too, while giving the first movie more focus than Avengers. It's a "League" so to me that means it should grow with more members. As a fan I don't want to see the "Hawks" nor do I want two Justice League movies with the same lineup.

I would go with my line of thinking, for MM. The reveal is at the end. Save the major action from MM in the sequel.

I am good with 5 and MM having a small part if that is the mentality then.

I would say four. Because two is a duo. Three still isn't quite there. Five really seems ideal, maybe six. But to call it a "league", you need at least enough people to have a proper bowling team.

I say MM is a must. If I think of MM, I immediately think of/relate him to JL more so than any other hero involved.

I'd say overall 5 is enough:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Martian Manhunter

They can do without Green Lantern IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"