What is the most underrated comic book film?

I would say DD why there no DD2 already in the work?

Spidey 3

I thought it was MUCH better than some people thought.

Also Batman Forever is pretty underrated IMO.

I agree with 2 and 4. Can't say number 1 since the main people who didn't like it seem to be hardcore comic book fans. So really its not under rated. And I still think the Hulk movie was more boring than anature documentry. And I actually watch those time to time so thats saying something.

I still put it as underrated. You have no idea how much crap I get from friends for liking it so damn much. Reviewed on a blog a month ago, and now a friend writes back to me saying how wrong I am and how it strayed from the comics and peter's a ***** and blah blah blah. I still haven't met anyone besides my brother and mother who liked it as much as I have, so that's why it's my number 1. I understand why people liked the hulk though. Superman Returns did alot for me in terms of liking superman, and the punisher is a fun guilty pleasure that I just bought.:venom: :supes: :hulk: :unishr:

Hulk is definitely the one that is most unfairly treated. It had flaws, yes, but there is a lot of interesting stuff to explore there that makes the good far outweigh the bad.

Superman Returns...kinda the same story...where Hulk was too "operatic" for it's own good, SR was too "soap operatic" for it's own good.

Punisher was good for the budget they had to work with. It had some big crooked mis-steps but some good stuff too.

Spider-man 3 was like a good movie that just veered in way too many wrong directions along the way.

X-men: the Last Stand had no hope and was doomed from the start with a bad premise.

Hulk, Superman Returns, and Hellboy. Just because Hulk was lacking in action doesn't automatically mean it was bad, Superman Returns was a well-made film (even if I was really hoping more for a Superman like what Bruce Timm created), and Hellboy is hardly mentioned despite the effort put into the SFX and solid storyline it created.

I would agree that DareDevil was an underrated comic book film. I thought it sucked the first time I saw it but I really liked the other times I saw it. However, I can't say the same thing about "Elektra".

Elektra made me want to wash my eyes and pretend I never saw it. It was that bad.

I would say Hellboy is the most underrated comic book film

Will someone tell me what was wrong with the Punisher? I thought it was great.

My votes:

Punisher
Blade
Daredevil
Hulk

FF2 and Blade
thos two films are certainly not underrated

to be fair I do think blade goes under the radar of many people and really isn't thought of when considering superhero films but it certainly isn't underrated.

hulk-poster06.jpg

superman-returns-poster02.jpg

batman%20returns.jpg

best batman film in my eyes (or at least the best film featuring the character batman)

MPW-3760

dc obviously

thos two films are certainly not underrated

to be fair I do think blade goes under the radar of many people and really isn't thought of when considering superhero films but it certainly isn't underrated.

FF2 deserves to be in everyone's top 6 Marvel movies.

Blade deserves to be in everyone's top 4.

They rarely make enough peoples top 6 so I consider them underrated.

TMNT
Popeye
The Shadow
Superman Returns

Elektra made me want to wash my eyes and pretend I never saw it. It was that bad.

At the time I seen Elektra I had no interest in getting a job. After viewing it I went looking for a job I mean life couldnt be that bad right?

Anyways I forgot Hellboy is underrated I need to rewatch again though, I only seen it once. The Blade Franchise (it gets overlooked time & time again, we all kno Trinity wasen't the best but still was good)

Hulk/Superman Returns should be given the same rating. That just shows you how big Superman is, The Hulk wasen't a bad movie it was just piss ass boring. So was Superman Returns yet they have that a 3.5/4 stars. Hulk received like 2stars.

Out of those: The Hulk. Great film with a an ending that was just a wee bit anticlimatic. But otherwise a fine film.

The Punisher, especially the extended cut, that movie is great

Rocketeer is not so much under-rated as not rated at all. It's overlooked and forgotten. Shame, because it really is a wonderful film.

Hulk is definitely the one that is most unfairly treated. It had flaws, yes, but there is a lot of interesting stuff to explore there that makes the good far outweigh the bad.

Superman Returns...kinda the same story...where Hulk was too "operatic" for it's own good, SR was too "soap operatic" for it's own good. Agree on both.

Punisher was good for the budget they had to work with. It had some big crooked mis-steps but some good stuff too. Agree,think a bigger budged would of helped,better story. Even a darker tone than it had would of been good(R-rating ftw)

Spider-man 3 was like a good movie that just veered in way too many wrong directions along the way. Agreed. I loved the sandman character.I think for me what brought this movie down was:too many little stories,too many bad guys(though i thought they did a good job of sorts of screen time/backround). The 'Stayin Alive' routine(s) from Tobey,so sad and bad.

X-men: the Last Stand had no hope and was doomed from the start with a bad premise.
Agreed. Could of been really good,but it just fell flat. I think xmen series suffered from trying to put a crapload of mutants on screen just for the sake of it...

Hulk: I dont think it was underrated,it sux'd for the most part.
DD: It was okay,I dont think it was better than the reviews it got. Even the DC version had issues it made it better,but not enough overall..shame, had potential to be good..bad director,bad plot..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"