What is the most underrated comic book film?

Disagree, down to the director of the film, not the actual film. Not a personal view, I love both Watchmen and his DCEU work, but many would simply look at the director attached and still dislike it.

Agree entirely.

I’ll throw my hat in with Blade 1 and Blade 2.

Both were very good action movies. It did a good job of reimagining modern day vampires, and more importantly Blade himself.

If the 3rd movie hadn’t dropped the ball so massively, I think a case could have been made that Blade had one of the best comic book movie trilogies.

Blade II is one of my favourite CBMs :up:

I’ll throw my hat in with Blade 1 and Blade 2.

Both were very good action movies. It did a good job of reimagining modern day vampires, and more importantly Blade himself.

If the 3rd movie hadn’t dropped the ball so massively, I think a case could have been made that Blade had one of the best comic book movie trilogies.

Agree with this, the first 2 are really good.

Disagree, down to the director of the film, not the actual film. Not a personal view, I love both Watchmen and his DCEU work, but many would simply look at the director attached and still dislike it.

Thirded. Zack was already getting controversial when he made Watchmen-the DCEU movies have been rough on his reputation.

Honestly, I think if Joel Silver made the exact same film-people would gripe about it-but it wouldn't have the "Snyder ruined my life" stigma that Watchmen now has.

As flawed as it is as an adaptation of Alan Moore's work, it's more nuanced than The Avengers and more cinematically effective than most in the genre.

Viewing Watchmen is like watching a good boxer on a tough day-when it hits, it really packs a whallop, and when it misses, it's still interesting-if misguided.

I wouldn't say it's the most underrated, it's kind of been having hype levels that have fluctuated since its release.

I thought the new Hulk was pretty interesting until the ending.

X-Men First Class, hands down.

Seriously, people always talking about DoFP, while I find 1st Class a far, far superior film to DoFP. In fact, I think that First Class is only behind TDK and Spiderman 2 in terms of superheroes movies.

The Incredible Hulk is very underrated but the most underrated is Watchmen, sure a few missteps (some of which were very understandable) but still a really strong adaptation and film.

Speaking of all things Hulk, I'm very much alone in my love for Ang Lee's Hulk and as such I think it's very underrated (for underrated, read hated :woot:)

Speaking of all things Hulk, I'm very much alone in my love for Ang Lee's Hulk and as such I think it's very underrated (for underrated, read hated :woot:)

I'm gonna go with Ang Hulk. It's a good movie... just not a good action movie.

My son is... unique. That's why you can't relate to him. And because he is unique, the world will not tolerate his existence. Will they?

*nodnod*

I'm gonna go with Ang Hulk. It's a good movie... just not a good action movie.

Its' why its so good for me, the character of Bruce and what is at the heart of the story is the pain, grief and anger not just the violence and rage and am really pleased the AL film steps into this area.

It's 'slowness' and pacing to me is it's beauty and plus point.

I got a few I still feel are underrated:

The Punisher (2004)
- Seriously, this is a good movie
Batman Returns - The art direction in this film is wonderful, and I love how they utilize the duality theme amongst the characters
Spider-Man 3 - Flawed yes, awful? I don't think so
Avengers: Age of Ultron - I still don't get the hate for it

I am 50/50 on saying Hulk is underrated. There are things I like, but that CG...sooooooooo unwatchable now. That movie has aged poorly.

Agreed, I think it's the best Punisher 'take' we've had (not including Netflix series)

That's not saying much as these have been the 3 Punisher movies.

dolph-lundgren-the-punisher-movie-marvel.jpg

thomas-jane-the-punisherjpg-0d19d5_1280w.jpg

punisherwarzone-still.jpg

Yeah, the other 2 are awful, LOL! But the Tom Jane one is actually quite good. I enjoy that movie.

It's like if we called a MCU's inevitiable release of the Fantastic Four movie as the best FF ever.

Well, I mean...it will be :o

Its' why its so good for me, the character of Bruce and what is at the heart of the story is the pain, grief and anger not just the violence and rage and am really pleased the AL film steps into this area.

It's 'slowness' and pacing to me is it's beauty and plus point.

You are not alone. It's been a few years now but look up my thread 'I still love Ang Lee's Hulk'

Not gone through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Sin City? Thought that was great.

Also, the Incredibles & Unbreakable.

Not gone through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Sin City? Thought that was great.

Also, the Incredibles & Unbreakable.
I believe Sin City and the Incredibles have been mentioned but don't think Unbreakable was.

As far as superhero movies, I think Thor is the most underrated.

I also liked both Amazing Spider-Man movies, but at least Spider-Man: Homecoming is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"