What is worse? Adultry or Prostitution???

Calvin said:
Because you can't legislate morality. Adultery doesn't limit anyone's freedoms.
prostitution is sex between consenting adults. how does it limit a person's freedom?

Shouldn't a man or woman be able to decide what they want to do with their own bodies? Why is the government involved?

blind_fury said:
What about recreational sex in general?

Its great, in a Monogamous relationship like the one I enjoy with my wife.

blind_fury said:
prostitution is sex between consenting adults. how does it limit a person's freedom?

Shouldn't a man or woman be able to decide what they want to do with their own bodies? Why is the government involved?
I said prostitution should be legal and subject to the same regulations as normal business. As it is though, it's exploitative. Make prostitution legal.

Calvin said:
That was my point. As it is, it causes more damage to lives. Now, if it were made legal, and regulated, it would be fine. Then I'd say they're about equal.

You keep saying that but haven't offered up any reasons or examples of HOW prostitution destroys more lives than adultery.

jag

jaguarr said:
You keep saying that but haven't offered up any reasons or examples of HOW prostitution destroys more lives than adultery.

jag
Because it's full of physical abuse, and financial exploitation. Sure, adultery can lead to abuse, but it gets cancelled out because it can lead to true love.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
it's so ironic that your sig appears to say "Jew".

Well, we are family, brothers in fact (Issac and Ismael).

Aldutery is worse because the spouse of the cheater will be hurt, unless they have an open relationship. Prostitution is not bad, it is two consentual adults getting together, with no victims. It should be legalized in my opinion.

jaguarr said:

jag

Prostitution's problem is the criminal element runs it & has abusive pimps.

Plus there are no checks for diseases for the women.

If it was legalized it could be regulated & the criminal element driven out like what occured during prohibition.

I'm not sure it destroys more lives than adultery or not, but making it illegal doesn't stop it and makes the women's lives harder.

BTW prostitution is not illegal everywhere see Nevada.

Calvin said:
Because it's full of physical abuse, and financial exploitation. Sure, adultery can lead to abuse, but it gets cancelled out because it can lead to true love.

That's probably the most ridiculous argument you've ever made in the entire history of your posting career, including your hair-do thread.

jag

jaguarr said:
That's probably the most ridiculous argument you've ever made in the entire history of your posting career, including your hair-do thread.

jag
It was facetious

but with a grain of truth.

I found the love of my life through adultery :up:

jaguarr said:

jag

But I can actually see people mak that rationalization (mostly adulterous women though)

Pksoze said:
But I can actually see people mak that rationalization (mostly adulterous women though)
Why just women?

blind_fury said:
he said mostly. and it's true. wives who stray are usaully looking for love not sex.
More guys do it for love than we get credit for.

Calvin said:
Why just women?

I didn't say just women I said mostly.

When woman screw around theyusually state they're being ignored, or getting to know themselves, or they found someone they were connected to.

Men most of the time just want to get laid & still care about the wife more than the mistress.

Calvin said:

Or it can lead to domestic abuse, divorce and having other adverse effects including financial hardships on the entire family including any minor children that are in the household.

Adultry. Breaking the promise of fidelity to the partner, and probably breaking whatever legal 'contract' the government sees marriage as (assuming they're married).

Prostitution being illegal makes no sense. Two strangers can get together and have sex, and government has no problem. The guy leaves her a couple of twentys as a thank you, and all of the sudden he can be arrested.

Pksoze said:
Prostitution's problem is the criminal element runs it & has abusive pimps.

Plus there are no checks for diseases for the women.

If it was legalized it could be regulated & the criminal element driven out like what occured during prohibition.

I'm not sure it destroys more lives than adultery or not, but making it illegal doesn't stop it and makes the women's lives harder.

I don't disagree that prostitution as it stands today is dangerous for the women who do it. If it were regulated, things might be better, I agree. However, many of the women and men (there is such a thing as a male prostitute) who get involved in it know up front what kind of a ride they're in for. Having worked in a court's clerk office just out of college where I got to see first hand the results of adultery: the physical and emotional abuse, the stalking, the child abuse, families destroyed,hopes and dreams crushed, entire lives unrepairably damaged and even murder, I can tell you that it's very brutal. Much more brutal than the prositutes who deal with abusive pimps and johns. I'm not trying to downplay how damaging that lifestyle can be, but there's a usual lack of innocence for people involved in it where they know there are risks involved with what they do as compared to unsuspecting spouses who's lives go right down the crapper because their husband or wife cheated on them and things got ugly. I've seen kids put in foster homes or physicall abused over it. I've seen men and women who had been beat up, sometimes even to the point of hospitalization (and even to death in some instances). It really does ruin people's lives. My brother and several of my friends are cops. Ask them whether they'd rather deal with a situation with a prostitute gone wrong or a domestic violence situation and they'll pick the prositute every time. DV situations are dangerous as hell for everyone involved. Adultery leads to a lot of domestic violence and much worse.

jag

why isnt "your spelling" an option on this poll. anyway, both are horrible but id have to go with prostitution

Calvin said:
It was facetious

but with a grain of truth.

I found the love of my life through adultery :up:

Are you still with that love of your life and do you ever have concerns that she might find someone else the same way she found you? I'm glad you found her and all, so no offense meant, but your example is definitely the exception rather than the rule. Besides, how many guys fall in love with hookers or call girls and destroy their families over that?

jag

jaguarr said:
Are you still with that love of your life and do you ever have concerns that she might find someone else the same way she found you? I'm glad you found her and all, so no offense meant, but your example is definitely the exception rather than the rule. Besides, how many guys fall in love with hookers or call girls and destroy their families over that?

jag
No, I'm adulterating three times over on that one. Even our kids are married and adultering on a daily basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"