What is worse? Adultry or Prostitution???

fair enough

how about prostitution as a last resort for those who believe their lives have reached a dead end rather than a positive career move?

Calvin said:
But, what if they never find out. If you're good at adultery, nobody gets hurt, and the family can stay together.
being dishonest isn't a trait i'm personally fond of. IN the case you're speaking of, the person you lie to the most is yourself.

safety measures are built into aircraft, you can't decide as a manufacturer to leave them out of the majority of aircraft just because most likely they aren't going to fail.

you can't live your life like that, the longer you go, the bigger the stakes, it's jsut like gambling.

you could end up with nothing and you never truelly win, you just put off losing for as long as possible.

Odin's Lapdog said:
fair enough

how about prostitution as a last resort for those who believe their lives have reached a dead end rather than a positive career move?

I could almost go along with that but there are people who genuinely LOVE being prostitutes (male and female). They chose it as a profession because that's actually what they wanted to do with their lives. So, I don't think you can apply a blanket statement like that. I think there are plenty of people who get into it because they have little to no options left, or because they see it as a way to make money without having to participate in straight society. But there are people out there who sought that life out.

jag

Odin's Lapdog said:
being dishonest isn't a trait i'm personally fond of. IN the case you're speaking of, the person you lie to the most is yourself.

safety measures are built into aircraft, you can't decide as a manufacturer to leave them out of the majority of aircraft just because most likely they aren't going to fail.

you can't live your life like that, the longer you go, the bigger the stakes, it's jsut like gambling.

you could end up with nothing and you never truelly win, you just put off losing for as long as possible.
Not if you're good at it, and are good at picking your lies. Lying about sex, good, lying about an aircraft, not so good. Prioritize.

Calvin said:
Not if you're good at it, and are good at picking your lies. Lying about sex, good, lying about an aircraft, not so good. Prioritize.
dude, in all fairness i don't think you have a strong enough argument to prove that there is a genuine overall positive in commiting adultery.

at best there is a perceived one from the people commiting it but that's it.

by all means if someone wants to have three partners then fine just don't enter into a single partner marriage, if you make a commitment, it's your duty as a human being to keep to it. It goes with anything.

by your reasoning, one could commit any crime but if they are good at covering their tracks then it's fine.

jaguarr said:
I could almost go along with that but there are people who genuinely LOVE being prostitutes (male and female). They chose it as a profession because that's actually what they wanted to do with their lives. So, I don't think you can apply a blanket statement like that. I think there are plenty of people who get into it because they have little to no options left, or because they see it as a way to make money without having to participate in straight society. But there are people out there who sought that life out.

jag
i don't understand, you say blanket statment, yet i don't think i've made them that have grouped genuine positive career move prostitutes and dead end ones

:confused:

Odin's Lapdog said:
you slept with your pimp behind his wife's back?

this deserves a thread of its own

:eek:
:eek::eek:
:eek:

On the real, that is funny stuff.

No, I had an affair with a married woman for close to 2 years and it was great (serioulsy, she needed what i could provide for a time and when things got good againm with her husband she stopped the affair. She is very happy with him now and they have even had two kids since then).

As for the other thing, I always treat myself to some fun in Vegas when I do well on a trip (how can you beat a smoking hot woman in a Wonder Woman costume with part of you winnings?)

Odin's Lapdog said:
dude, in all fairness i don't think you have a strong enough argument to prove that there is a genuine overall positive in commiting adultery.

at best there is a perceived one from the people commiting it but that's it.

by all means if someone wants to have three partners then fine just don't enter into a single partner marriage, if you make a commitment, it's your duty as a human being to keep to it. It goes with anything.

by your reasoning, one could commit any crime but if they are good at covering their tracks then it's fine.
I didn't say it was overly positive. I said there can be positive instances. When it happens, it's certainly more romantic than prostitution.

Odin's Lapdog said:
i don't understand, you say blanket statment, yet i don't think i've made them that have grouped genuine positive career move prostitutes and dead end ones

:confused:

I thought you were saying that all people who choose prostitution do it because they feel like they have no other options and never view it as a genuinely positive career. My misunderstanding.

jag

jaguarr said:
I thought you were saying that all people who choose prostitution do it because they feel like they have no other options and never view it as a genuinely positive career. My misunderstanding.

jag
oh no, i watch enough documentaries on the bunny ranch to see the difference.

Adultery is worse. If you're married to someone then it's because you love that person and shouldn't need to sleep with other people. Commiting adultery is a break of this trust and love. However there is an exception IMO, for example if two people fall out of love and they both know they are going to split up and get divorced and maybe aren't living together anymore then, in a situation like that, adultery (which it technically still would be) would be ok.

Prostitution, aslong as the person involved isn't been forced into it and it's their choice, I see nothing wrong with it. I mean, if it's ok for someone to be a Butler then where's the difference if someone wants to work as a prostitute? Ok, so a butler wouldn't be selling sex but he's still basically selling his body for someone else to use/command.

Forced prostitution and when people are been abducted from their own country and sent to other countries to take part in underground prostitution rings, then that's when it is obviously wrong.

Without adulterly we wouldn't have Brangelina.

Calvin said:
Without adulterly we wouldn't have Brangelina.

You're not exactly presenting a case that endorses your argument. :o

jag

jaguarr said:
You're not exactly presenting a case that endorses your argument. :o

jag
I think you're forgetting that the other option would be Branniston. I rest my case.

Calvin said:
I think you're forgetting that the other option would be Branniston. I rest my case.

I think you're forgetting the OTHER option which would be I really don't give a sh1t one way or the other. I rest your case, too.

jag

jaguarr said:
I think you're forgetting the OTHER option which would be I really don't give a sh1t one way or the other. I rest your case, too.

jag
So then I win.

Adultry is infinatly worse. Yes, prositution is often associated with drug problems, abuse etc, but in terms of black and white, cheating on a life partner is worse than having some joe pay you for sex.

Do so, jag. First the money point, now this, it's pretty shut and close.

Calvin said:
Sorry you feel that way.

It's great to see that you're big enough to admit when you know you are wrong. :up:

jag

If that helps you sleep at night, you anti-adultery monster.

Calvin said:
If that helps you sleep at night, you anti-adultery monster.

I sleep like a baby, you ****e-mongerer.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"