The Avengers What is your favorite fight in the film?

My sentiments exactly, mostly because of the scale which Thor vs Hulk lacked. :up:

The reason Thor didn't just start wailing on Hulk from the beginning because he was trying to calm him down.

Ya. But I don't know man, that uppercut made it os epic.

Thor was definitely being very careful in trying to minimize the damage around him. But when he laid that smackdown on Hulk with Mjolnir...i lost it. Too awesome for words. And then Hulk turns around, a little dazed, and HURLS a jet wing right at him. Now I need to see this movie again after writing all that....

I literally shouted "**** yeah!"

Yes and I'm sure Thor knew that cutting loose while on the helicarrier would not be a good idea. And while all that makes perfect sense as to why the fight was less than it could have been, I can't help but wish to see a fight where they could have both cut loose.

Both?

Thor definitely had a look on his face saying "F**k...what am I going to do?"

It's too bad their fight didn't carry on to that cornfield =(

I'm sad there is no Loki vs Eyeball category.

Did you notice the music during that whole scene? It was hilarious haha.

It's painfully obvious the Thor/Hulk fight was MASSIVELY restrained from both parties...I think the budget was the main concern there. Maybe they will trade blows in Avengers 2 on a larger scale (just for kicks/fighting siblings etc). We all know after Avengers there's gotta be some payback from Thor to Hulk for that cheap shot.

Disagree, I am with BigThor on this one. Hulk was not restrained. He was pissed, and wanted blood, almost killed Widow. And his face before the fight, and his face after getting wacked with Mjolnir, was like...mmmrr, uhh EERGRGGG AG ERGGGGGG!!!! (I WANT TO KILL YOU)

Just saw this previz shot they did of the Thor/Cap tango ..... this angle would've been awesome .....

FlWWB.jpg

I wonder why they went with the other angle... Hmmm, this one's better. The lightning in the shot also adds to the badassery.

Anyways, I'll have to say the IM vs Thor fight.

my vote goes to Thor vs Hulk.

1. It was the fight I most wanted to see, and it delivered.
2. It wasn't spoiled slightly by previews (only myself to blame though)

But hulk vs loki should have been an option (wouldn't have voted for it though), not trying to troll, but a one sided beat down is still a fight. There have been enough boxing and mma fights out there where the other guy didn't get to throw a punch.

Hulk vs Thor. The rest 1-1 fights weren't all that great to me.

I voted for Thor vs. Hulk. I never expected they show Thor equal to Hulk in strenght, so that I was very surprised in a good way.

But to be honest, after the first screening I liked the Thor vs. Loki fight more because of the emotional issues in the background and that Loki got his ash kicked - or better bodyslammed. That all seemed very intense for me.

But in the end all fights were awesome.

Hulk vs Thor but Black Widow vs Hawkeye was a very close second.

I voted for Thor vs. Hulk. I never expected they show Thor equal to Hulk in strenght, so that I was very surprised in a good way.

But to be honest, after the first screening I liked the Thor vs. Loki fight more because of the emotional issues in the background and that Loki got his ash kicked - or better bodyslammed. That all seemed very intense for me.

But in the end all fights were awesome.

Hulk was definately stronger, but Thor's strength was atleast on par with Hulk's plus he got to showcase his fighting skills. :up:

Hulk was definately stronger, but Thor's strength was atleast on par with Hulk's plus he got to showcase his fighting skills. :up:

Yeah, I expected the worst case that Thor would be completely underpowered and Hulk mops the floor with him. Luckily didn't happen and made me :wow:. And I hope we get a little rivalry in continuation to the sucker punch at the end.

Yeah, I expected the worst case that Thor would be completely underpowered and Hulk mops the floor with him. Luckily didn't happen and made me :wow:. And I hope we get a little rivalry in continuation to the sucker punch at the end.

Definately, everybody wants Thor to pay Hulk back in Avengers 2 even Hulk fans. :woot:

Hulk Vs thor all the way the IM vs Thor fight was great as well but that mijolnir uppercut was spectacular. And did anyone else noticed that Thor also leaped and hit hulk with his knee? that was badass too.

Hulk Vs thor all the way the IM vs Thor fight was great as well but that mijolnir uppercut was spectacular. And did anyone else noticed that Thor also leaped and hit hulk with his knee? that was badass too.

Yeah I noticed Thor's leaping knee too, I think it's pretty safe to say MCU Thor fight alot more "skilled" than comic book Thor.

Definately, everybody wants Thor to pay Hulk back in Avengers 2 even Hulk fans. :woot:

Yeah, I expect to see some continuation of this, and I can't wait.

The only drawback to the Hulk/Thor fight was that I didn't like the way it ended much. I get that they wanted to separate the two + get Hulk off the Helicarrier, but I think that could have been handled in a way that felt a bit less... anti-climactic, I guess? The fight had been really awesome up until that point, and I expected more of a flourish at the end.

contradiction in the same sentence :huh:

haha

Probably the fight between Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America. I really enjoyed the fight between Hulk and Thor as well. It's that childlike glee of seeing your favorite heroes fight each other like a fan's purely hypothetical scenario playing out on screen. They also made sense from a character perspective, which is essential.

The only drawback to the Hulk/Thor fight was that I didn't like the way it ended much. I get that they wanted to separate the two + get Hulk off the Helicarrier, but I think that could have been handled in a way that felt a bit less... anti-climactic, I guess? The fight had been really awesome up until that point, and I expected more of a flourish at the end.

i tried to think of the fight without the cuts to another scene. After watching it, I realized, that after a scene from the fight cut away to another, that when we see Hulk and Thor fighting, it takes places literally directly after we last cut away from them. That being said, if we look at it that way, it truely was a short fight, (which is why to me Thor was winning)

So looking at it this way, here was my analysis.

so excluding the cuts, this is how the fight went

Thor tackles hulk. Hulk goes ape **** and growls, Thor looks like he thinking "TROLLS ON MIDGARD!?" :p anyway.

Hulk throws a punch, Thor dodges, and counters with a left, staggering Hulk.

Hulk goes to like, hammerfist punch thor, to which Thor catches it, and says "we are not your enemies banner, try to think", to which Hulk punches thor, sending him through the crates.

Nosebleed scene, followed by Hulk charging thor, thor hits with that uppercut.

Hulk clearly is pissed, rips off wing of plane, throws it at him, Thor dodges, and them throws hammer

Hulk catches it, but it pulls him back, and to the ground, he tries to pick it up, fails, gets up, and tries to pick it up with both hands, then looks to his left, and thor knees him in the face, staggering him again.

Thor then jumps on his back, and tries to calm him down by putting him in, like, a sleeper.

Hulk tries to reach thor, can't (due to hulks MASSIVELY JACKED ARMS), so he jumps straight up.

They go crashing like 3 levels up, and both crash land on that level. Hulk gets up first, picks up Thor, throws him to the ground. Then throws him into the wall

Hulk walks towards thor, jets fire at him, Thor gets up. Fight ends

When looking at it this way, no cut scene, and seeing it this way, when adding the blow total, which was generally even 3 a piece (if you wanna call 2 throws a blow). it seems to me, that with neither of them really hurting each other that much, that although it ended in a stalemate, Thor had the uppermand most of the fight due to fighting skill.

If we look at blows/offense,

Thor: Left Hook, Hammer uppercut, (maybe the hammer draggin hulk), and the knee to the face

Hulk: Punch to the stomach, throw to the grown, throw to the wall

Defense

Thor: Dodge Hulk's first punch, catching Hulk's second punch, dodging the plane wing

Hulk: None, (although jumping throw the ceiling to get Thor off could be one), so yeah..that

Thor landed more "blows" to me, while both were equal in their "attacks",

however, due to Thor's fighting skill, and that devastating uppercut, and him being able to dodge Hulk's blows. I honestly think that Thor had the upper hand in this fight.

This is me not being biased, in all honestly. This is me being analytical.

And after looking at it this way, I think the Thor and Ironman fight was better than the hulk and thor fight.

I kind of agree, but then you wouldn't have the ejector seat catch and throw! which was also awesome!:woot:

I chose Black Widow vs. Hawkeye. Not that the super-powered fights weren't great, it's just that the BEST super-powered "fights" were either really one-sided and therefore not even on the poll (Hulk vs. Loki, Hulk vs. fighter jet), or pretty much on equal footing (Thor vs IM/Cap, Thor vs. Hulk). And in the midst of all these super-powered scuffles, I found the old-fashioned awesomely-choreographed hand-to-hand combat between mere mortals to be a refreshing change of pace.

I chose Black Widow vs. Hawkeye. Not that the super-powered fights weren't great, it's just that the BEST super-powered "fights" were either really one-sided and therefore not even on the poll (Hulk vs. Loki, Hulk vs. fighter jet), or pretty much on equal footing (Thor vs IM/Cap, Thor vs. Hulk). And in the midst of all these super-powered scuffles, I found the old-fashioned awesomely-choreographed hand-to-hand combat between mere mortals to be a refreshing change of pace.

Cap and Loki was great. Any scene with Hawkeye was badass in my opinion

Cap and Loki was great. Any scene with Hawkeye was badass in my opinion
Yeah, if Cap vs. Loki had gone on a bit longer I might have chosen that one. I understand why it didn't since Cap is really no match for a god, but what can I say, I just love to watch Cap fight and wanted to see more. :woot:

I think people are making way too much out of the "Thor was holding back!" argument in the Hulk Thor fight. Yes Thor made a brief appeal to Banner's intellect (just after punching him in the face) but that hardly indicates that he wasnt trying. 10 seconds later and he was all about trying to rearrange his face with Mjolnir. And yes people use choke holds and submissions in MMA - and it doesnt mean they are trying to "calm them down". It happens to be a very effective way to win a fight. Im sure Thor couldnt use lightning or weather control onboard the helicarrier but really thats the extent of his "holding back".

contradiction in the same sentence :huh:

haha

It's not a contradiction at all, just because you're strength on par with someone doesn't mean you're totally equal.

It just means that his strength is comparable to Hulk's, even though Hulk is still stronger.

It's not a contradiction at all, just because you're strength on par with someone doesn't mean you're totally equal.

It just means that his strength is comparable to Hulk's, even though Hulk is still stronger.

Oh, well its all in the reader I guess. :p Cause to me, when I say on par, or use it, or here it, to me, it means equal

But yes, they showed that Hulk was a little stronger, because Thor had to use 2 arms to push back Hulk's one arm

Yeah, if Cap vs. Loki had gone on a bit longer I might have chosen that one. I understand why it didn't since Cap is really no match for a god, but what can I say, I just love to watch Cap fight and wanted to see more. :woot:

I love how they did cap's fighting in this movie. It was fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"